• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Booster Pack Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakestlm

<- It's a Sonic Screwdriver
Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    Wal-mart has low prices on Pokemon cards, but I can get exactly what I want at Target, with no guessing what is in the packaging.

Points of Interest:
    Holon Phantoms - non-theme deck Latios
    Holon Phantoms - Deoxys (Attack form)
    Unseen Forces - Warp Point
    Unseen Forces - Protective Orb

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    The last booster I got was an Aquapolis booster:

Some nice stuff, holo TM splatter, and TM singe
    also:
    Mr Mime
    Porygon
    Scyther (meh, jungle better imo)
    Electabuzz

But most importantly, a Magnemite! (I collect them: if you have any spare recent ones you don't need or want to trade common for common PM me)

Anyway, I was bored, so I post the last booster I bought.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    I bought a holon phantom booster BOX today, got some kick ass cards, but only one EX :(, but i got a star pikachu,any one know how much it's worth?

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2007
    Bought an Unseen Forces box. Got a Meganium ex, Feraligatr ex, and Umbreon ex. No stars though, but it was worth it for the Meganium :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I bought a holon phantom booster BOX today, got some kick ass cards, but only one EX :(, but i got a star pikachu,any one know how much it's worth?

One ex and one star is an average pull from a Holon Phantoms box. Pikachu * is worth about £15.

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
  • Well stars are pretty common in NZ for some reason, but the new ex's are extremely rare.
    I bought 8 Deoxys packs for $40NZD (~$25USD) and I got a shiny Latias, shiny Latios and a shiny Rayquaza and some crap ones - no ex's though...

However, back when Sandstorm just came out, I get an ex in almost every booster pack I bought - now I have 8 Gardevoir ex's (Psystorm = pwner!), 3 Aggron ex's, 3 200HP Wailord ex's and some other R/S ex's... Are they getting rarer and rarer, or is that just a matter of luck?

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
  • O RLY?

I havent had 1 ex since Delta Species came out... the last ex I had was Umbreon ex from UF... But I got a few more shinies from the later sets though (2 red Gyarados as basic pkmn - dunno if its a real shiny or just an ordinary holo rare, shiny Pikachu and shiny Regirock), so I don't know which is rarer - the ex's or shinies...
    my odds of getting craps : holo rares : shinies : ex's is about 15 : 15 : 5 : 1...

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Well stars are pretty common in NZ for some reason, but the new ex's are extremely rare.
    I bought 8 Deoxys packs for $40NZD (~$25USD) and I got a shiny Latias, shiny Latios and a shiny Rayquaza and some crap ones - no ex's though...

However, back when Sandstorm just came out, I get an ex in almost every booster pack I bought - now I have 8 Gardevoir ex's (Psystorm = pwner!), 3 Aggron ex's, 3 200HP Wailord ex's and some other R/S ex's... Are they getting rarer and rarer, or is that just a matter of luck?

Thats not exceptionally lucky - it sounds pretty standard tbh.

The distribution of exs vary between sets. In Sandstorm, RuS and Dragon there was a higher amount of exs distributed in boxes (usually about 9ish). So practically everyone has a load of old exs if they bought a good amount of packs.

In newer sets they vary depending on how many exs there are in each set. For example UF sets usually have 3 exs per booster box whearas Holon Phantoms and Delta Species have only one ex per box (since there are only 3 exs).

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
  • Agree.
    My chances of getting ex's in old sets are like 1 in 2, but now it's more like 1 in 20. But shinies are like 1 in 5, so I guess they are more common these days than ex's - but you're only allowed 1 of those in a deck, so that's not very good...

jakestlm

<- It's a Sonic Screwdriver
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    I bought a few packs of Neo Revelation and Neo Destiny, all of them first edition (Five total for ten bucks). I got a Shining Magikarp and a Shining Celebi. :) Now if only someone would tell me how much they are worth....

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I got 4 booster packs today.

2 EX Crystal Guardians

Bulbasaur
    Wingull
    Spoink
    Seedot
    Electrike
    holo Charmeleon d
    Grovyle d
    Ivysaur
    Charmeleon
    Torchic
    Meditite
    Aron
    Squirtle
    Charmander
    holo Treeko d
    Loudred
    Ivysaur
    Double Full Heal

2 EX Emerald

Shroomish
    Cacnea
    Rhyhorn
    Feebas
    Pikachu
    holo Ninetales
    holo Rayquaza
    Grovyle
    Breloom
    Mudkip Meditite
    Duskull
    Pichu
    Tailow
    holo Fire Energy (just a gip for a star, grrrr)
    glalie
    Kirlia
    Rare Candy

I think that sucks, what do you think? Pssh, it's just my luck. Good thing it at least came with a free collectors tin and a Rayquaza EX (but, he's still not that good).

I don't get it... My cousins got these collector tins and they got like two EXs(EACH(not counting the ones on the fronts)) and a shining. Hmph, it's not fair...

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2007
    I yesterday got the Feraligatr Ex Dragon Frontiers Deck, plus those things with 3 packs, one holo, and 1 coin, and another dragon frontiers pack.

I got these in the Deck:

Holo Feraligatr, Delta Species
    2x Croconaw
    4x Totodile
    Mantine
    Cloyster
    4x Shellder
    2x Pupitar
    4x Larvitar
    2x Seadra
    4x Horsea
    2x Buffer Piece
    2x TV Reporter
    2x Prof. Elm's Training Mehtod
    2x Energy Search
    2x Potion
    1x Rainbow Energy
    9x Fighting Energy
    15x Lightning Energy

And in the 4 packs (1 DF, 1 UF, 1 Deoxys, and 1 DS)

Deoxys:

Surskit
    Staryu
    Slugma
    Natu
    Numel
    Metagross Holo
    Surskit Alternate Holo
    Metang
    Scramble Energy

Dragon Frontiers:

Alternate Holo Ledyba
    Smoochum
    Arbok
    Croconaw
    Totodile
    Holon Legacy(trainer)
    Natu
    Pupitar
    Cyndaquil

Unseen Forces:

Slowbro Alternate Holo, with Gold writing at top
    Stantler
    Boost Energy
    Shuckle
    Eevee
    Cyndaquil
    Sunkern
    Hoothoot
    Pupitar

Delta Species

Holon Farmer (trainer) alternate holo
    rain castform
    shelgon
    golbat
    ponyta
    meowth
    staryu
    ditto
    makuhita

Rare Card:

Holo Sceptile (dont know what set, 4/17, has poke-ball with a 1 next to it at the bottom.)

I'm confused about one thing, my dragon frontiers pack is all delta species. And my Delta Species Pack Has no delta species cards in it. I know what pack is which though. the pack with the delta species pokemon has the same symbol at the bottom as my dragon frontiers deck. And the pack without delta species pokemon says Ex delta species on the alternate holo card. So im confused now, because i thought that ex delta species cards should be delta species.

Anyway, that's my $30. I wish I did better, but I got some good stuff, mainly my holos (Slowbro, Metagross, Feraligatr, Sceptile)

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    ^ That holo Sceptile is POP Series 1.

All bar four cards in EX Dragon Frontiers are Delta Species Pokémon. The same can't be said for EX Delta Species, which has some regular Pokémon. Check out the PokéBeach set list.

What I've said for EX Delta Species can also be said for EX Holon Phantoms and EX Crystal Guardians.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    As a joke for my 15th birthday, and to stick up in my face the fact that I still like pokemon, my friend bought me over 2 packs of, uh, I dunno what kinda of pokemon cards...

But I'm just curious, did I get anything good?

Pack 1:

1x "Trainer" Battle Frontier
    1x Seviper
    1x Trapinch
    1x Cacnea
    1x Cacturne (shiny)
    1x Seedot
    1x Skitty
    1x Lairon
    1x "Trainer" Steven's Advice

Pack 2:
    1x Salamence ex (Shiny)