• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Boxart

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
  • The boxart looks almost awesome! I say 'almost' because of how they switched the legendaries; having them represent the version that is opposite the Pokemon's color. Also, I think Black Version's getting shafted, because IMO, White Version has the better logo and the more menacing Legendary Pokemon. :P Nevertheless, both Pokemon and box art are cool.

I really hope that the English box art doesn't get butchered, because the Japanese ones currently pwn. I trust the localization team, though. :)

I'd like the Gen III "_________ Version" black-and-white font to be used on the English ones, particularly because I'm fond of that font in the Pokemon universe. The second-best option would be the Bank Gothic font, recently featured on the HGSS boxart (the font of the word "Version" on the HGSS boxart); that one is actually my favorite font of all time due to its inherent awesomeness. One of the 2 aforementioned font will bring the English boxart closer to epicness (the one on the current English BW site wasn't too bad either. It could work as a third choice...)

The design I would have preferred is the one in Bluerang1's (the OP) current sig, where the black Pokemon is on the white spotlight with a black background, and vice versa. Had that type of design been implemented, the current boxart would be fully awesome. :D Oh well... The switch thing is kind of interesting since it hearkens back to the yin-yang symbol of old, but it seems like a awkward change that has a potential of annoying/confusing many people...

EDIT: Love the detailed-Pokemon-on-top-of-a-simplistic-background concept! Highlights Reshiram and Zecrom better. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    why are people so confused about the opposite color pokemon for the version, they are obviously going for a ying/yang theme in these games. its going to be pretty awesome, and the box art looks sick.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I like it. The only thing I'd do to it from here is emboss the Pokemon and logo (to emphasize the contrast), and print it out on glossy paper (It doesn't need sparkles, but something to catch the light would be good).
    Glossy/embossy!

...Did I actually just type that out loud? Oh well. It would look nice.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    real sleek and minimal, more mature and tasteful than previous designs methinks. i like it.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • the package doesn't matter to me. it's the game play that i care about.

but.....

i do like the box art:)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    It's certainly different from what we've been getting from G/S forward. I like the gloss, the fact there's a new logo (which we haven't had a redesign for since Gen III) and a type inversion (Zekrom in White, Reshiram in Black).

The fact that the inversion is there is probably the odd change here, methinks.

Are you talking about the English or Japanese logo designs? :\

Years
  • I really like the designs. I mean sure, there could have been more background swirls or something, but that could have detracted from the main pokemon, which are in themselves pretty detailed. The contrasting colours are a nice touch, too.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Black and White's boxes are simple, and really, that's all it needed to be. I like the design of the legendaries, and I like the yin-yang thing going on, so I like the boxart.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    i would have thought the black and white things would be in their respective version names but ah

Back