• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The C-Gear

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
  • Hahah that Cgear I didn't actually use it so it stayed off.

The reason I play using a emulator so there is no use of it.

It did look cool tough with the colours.

Years
  • I never used the C-Gear since my brother no longer plays Pokemon.

So yeah, I left the C-Gear off most of the time.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I am someone who will always have their C-Gear on just for the sake of having it on. I don't mind the C-Gear, I like how they can be customised. It allows me to have the buttons where I want and a picture I enjoy. I really like how it has the time on there though as well as the DS's battery and how it shows in battle.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I really like how it has the time on there though as well as the DS's battery and how it shows in battle.
    Now that you mention it, it's that specifically I use the C-Gear for. In its "off" position. :D

Cyclone

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I really like the design of the c-gear, but the functions of it really let it down. I felt that it was too local multi-player based, as many older players usually don't have friends who don't have a interest in the series.

The only real time I use it is connecting it to the DW, other than that I'm better off saving my battery life.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I utilized the C-Gear a lot. It greatly improved connectivity features, which is the core focus of Pokemon. That made it a valuable asset, even if you didn't necessarily have a lot of people to play with.

As for it replacing the HGSS bottom screen...all you had to do was press X and you had the touch-screen menu. So I saw no issue with the "replacement," either.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    As for it replacing the HGSS bottom screen...all you had to do was press X and you had the touch-screen menu. So I saw no issue with the "replacement," either.
    I believe the comment was that it's not there while you're exploring for instant access. And that's something I like; I want it to not be there while I'm navigating as I could accidentally tap it. Besides, what else was the X button going to do - make a phone call? ;)

Cyclone

Years
  • Other than the two or three times I tried out the Dream World, I've had no use for the C-Gear. I still think it's a good idea to include in the game, but being one of those players that doesn't really know anyone else that plays, I found it pretty useless. I would have much preferred a bottom screen akin to HG/SS with the C-Gear just replacing where the PokeGear was (then we could still have the Running Shoes option and access to two key items).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I utilized the C-Gear a lot. It greatly improved connectivity features, which is the core focus of Pokemon. That made it a valuable asset, even if you didn't necessarily have a lot of people to play with.

I believe the comment was that it's not there while you're exploring for instant access. And that's something I like; I want it to not be there while I'm navigating as I could accidentally tap it. Besides, what else was the X button going to do - make a phone call? ;)

Cyclone

I use my fingers while playing the games, rather than the stylus and I find that kinda annoying. I mean, the X is so small and my DS is old so it doesn't register touches as easily as a 3DS would, unfortunately. :(

As for the actual C-Gear I never really had a use for it other than for Dream World related issues. Sooo it could've been a little more interesting, maybe.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    Guys i quite haven't figured out how this c-gear works. It allows you to enter in other players world right? I got no friends playing pokemon so is it possible to play with online players such as forum users? It has the same features of pokemon centers? (i haven't gone upstairs yet). Btw i've just signed up to the global link

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Guys i quite haven't figured out how this c-gear works. It allows you to enter in other players world right? I got no friends playing pokemon so is it possible to play with online players such as forum users? It has the same features of pokemon centers? (i haven't gone upstairs yet). Btw i've just signed up to the global link

Only if it's IRL, for the other player's worlds. :( So nope they're a little different that way - much like Black City and White Forest. However with the Dream World you can contact real people kinda through their houses and stuff except it's a little less direct.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    No c-gear with forum users afterall =( Well i'm more interested in wifi-battles and trades so i'll focus on them

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I really like the C-Gear! I keep it on all the time! I like how you can customize the placement of the grids, but how can you get wallpapers/skins? I really want to know.

Keep an eye on Serebii for new skins coming out and then go onto the Dream World and go to promotions > customise and you should be able to put the skin on. Of course you need a password, and Serebii provides that. We should probably update the FAQ on it but... chances are there won't be many more skins these days for B/W. :( Howeverrrrr, there still are a few available, iirc. n_n

Years
  • it's ok...

I liked the c-gear, it was pretty cool. I do prefer the poke-Gear from Soul Silver and Heart Gold better though, that's just my opinion.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I liked the c-gear, it was pretty cool. I do prefer the poke-Gear from Soul Silver and Heart Gold better though, that's just my opinion.
    The PokéGear was definitely a lot more niftier, I don't really use the C-Gear at all. Wi-Fi options aren't that important to have as our bottom screen - what about those who don't have Wi-Fi and/or another DS to battle and trade with? I like my menu options better.

JaySawn

Weedle Weedle Wee -Patrimon?
    Years
  • I mainly use the c-gear for "Hatching Power" , hatches eggs faster so...flame body/magma armor + hatching power = more babies!

I also really like the c-gear skins and dreamworld feature they have on em . Except since I rng , I can never go on dreamworld again due to always rng'n , unless I take a break , and wait the 21 hours <_<...BAH!

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    The C-Gear didn't really have any interesting option, TBH.
    It's only use is displaying a pretty picture on my bottom screen. :D

Soar

n00b
    Years
  • Honestly, i rarely used the C-Gear :P
    It was partly because i was too lazy, and partly because it looked really complicated D:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I only use the C-Gear for the Dream World. I don't know anyone who plays Pokemon where I live, so the wireless and IR features are useless to me. It looks nice though, I currently have the Meadow Munna skin.

Back