• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Cat's Meow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Updated members list and added userbars! Didn't mean to take so long getting around to that... >>

New Topic: If you could create any move specifically for feline Pokémon, what would it be?

I would like to see a move that references cat scratch disease (or cat scratch fever). It would be a weak move (kind of like Poison Sting) but would harbor a 30% chance of poisoning the target. I guess it would be called Catscratch or something equally uncreative. :/

Do we have lions yet? Then we should have one! :D Big cats ftw~!
    The Shinx line are considered lions, but IMO they're not blatantly lion-like (though they are one of the coolest evolutionary lines in the 4th generation). But I know what you mean. Even if they don't come out with another lion, I would like to see more big cats. I guess Lepardas is a step in the right direction.

Years
    If you could create any move specifically for feline Pokémon, what would it be?
    Purr. Sharply lowers the attack of the opponent. XDI guess growl is pretty similar. =(

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Now before i say anything you should all know that i have become Ill, therefore i can only work on my mum's laptop, and that shortens my time on the computer alot.
    anyway

Ontopic:
    Stalk: 35 damage, has a 40% chance of increasing speed and attack.
    How do ya like that? i think it's pretty creative.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
    Now before i say anything you should all know that i have become Ill, therefore i can only work on my mum's laptop, and that shortens my time on the computer alot.
    anyway

Ontopic:

Thats a good idea for a move, but i dont know if it would be good for a cat.

Stellar

Years
    I like it a lot, though I think it would make more sense if it didn't cause damage and instead doubled attack and speed on the next turn.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years

Though not created by me, these are some attacks that I have seen on Pokemon cards that I wouldn't mind being in the games: Cat Fleas, Cat Punch...

I like that Purr attack!

---

Here's another sig for the group:
    The Cat's Meow

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years

Thunder Roar
    Electric-type
    Status move
    BP: N/A
    Acc: 101
    PP: 5
    Effect: Inceases user's Atk & Sp.Atk by 1, Speed by 3.

Note: Only Luxray can learn this move.

EDITED IN:

Sinister Purr
    Dark-type
    Status move
    BP: N/A
    Acc: 101
    PP: 5
    Effect: Inceases user's Atk & Sp.Atk by 3.

Note: Only Crononeko & Lepardas can learn this move.

Last edited:

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years

Though not created by me, these are some attacks that I have seen on Pokemon cards that I wouldn't mind being in the games: Cat Fleas, Cat Punch...

I like that Purr attack!

---

The Cat's Meow

cool new sig im gona put in on my sig right away!
    P.S you guys wouldnt mind making a new topic im getting kinda bored of this one.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Here's a topic suggestion:

Spoiler:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I'm so glad you guys like the new sig. =]

Here's a matching avi, if anyone's interested:
    The Cat's Meow

I'll try to make at least 1 more for this group, seeing as I made 2 for the Ice Fanclub.

As for that Meowth question, I wouldn't say it should replace Jigglupuff, but I do think it would be awesome to play as it.

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Here's a topic suggestion:

Spoiler:

Meowth should replace Jigglypuff in my opinion, i never understood why they put that in there anyway

Thats a good idea for a move, but i dont know if it would be good for a cat.

Yes it would, cats stalk their prey. enough with the critiscism from you already!

I like it a lot, though I think it would make more sense if it didn't cause damage and instead doubled attack and speed on the next turn.

Ah, critiscism critiscism critiscism, it's baffled scientists me for years.
    although you are kinda right i suppose.

I'm so glad you guys like the new sig. =]

Here's a matching avi, if anyone's interested:
    The Cat's Meow

I'll try to make at least 1 more for this group, seeing as I made 2 for the Ice Fanclub.

As for that Meowth question, I wouldn't say it should replace Jigglupuff, but I do think it would be awesome to play as it.

Nice sig and avi but not right for meh, i mean i like it, but i wouldn't put it in my sig, as you can see i need a serious sig makeover since all i have is that stupid, dancing charmander, so if you're making a new one, could you try making it a bit more epic? so that i could put it in my sig, even a simple userbar would do over the rubbish i have now.

Last edited:

Stellar

Years
    The Cat's Meow
    I love it! It's so sparkly and pretty and kjhfksjdf. I'm not a big Delcatty fan, but I really like this. :3 I'll add it (and the avatar) to the first post shortly~

Do you think Meowth should be playable on Smash Bros. instead of Jigglypuff?
    Good suggestion, but even though I'm sure most (if not all) of us have played Smash, I think that's a bit too specific. Don't be afraid to keep suggesting though, I'm running out of topics myself. xD

Ah, critiscism critiscism critiscism, it's baffled scientists me for years.
    although you are kinda right i suppose.
    Criticism is a very healthy thing to recieve, just as long as it's well thought-out. ;)

New topic: What new cat-like abilities would you like to see in upcoming generations?
    Building on Xilfer's suggestion, I think Stalk would also make a pretty neat ability. It would lower speed in exchange for boosted accuracy and attack, which would benefit a bulky cat in battle.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Nice sig and avi but not right for meh, i mean i like it, but i wouldn't put it in my sig, as you can see i need a serious sig makeover since all i have is that stupid, dancing charmander, so if you're making a new one, could you try making it a bit more epic? so that i could put it in my sig, even a simple userbar would do over the rubbish i have now.

Thanks. I'm no expert graphics maker and just recently started messing with it again. Anyway, what would you like to see in the next one? I can't promise it will look all that great, but I'll try! =)

I love it! It's so sparkly and pretty and kjhfksjdf. I'm not a big Delcatty fan, but I really like this. :3 I'll add it (and the avatar) to the first post shortly~
    Thanks. I'm glad you like it. ^^

What new cat-like abilities would you like to see in upcoming generations?
    Only 1 thing comes to mind: CAT REFLEX. However, I'm not creative enough to come up with an effect. Surely it would have something to do with evasiveness...

Years
    It would be rather tough to come up with new abilities, but I was thinking of something like hidden nails, (LOL) which boosts the attack of a Pokemon when HP is less than 1/3rd of the total. XD

Ice Queen

I Love May
    Years

Whiskers:Boots speed when Hp is at half. If you can think of a better ability for Whiskers just post it. i just thought of that in like 20 seconds.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Listen - Boosts evasion or something o.o

Hidden Nails ftw

Ice Queen

I Love May
    Years

thought of a new one 9 lives a 1% chance of a cat pokemon to fully revive when fainted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back