• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed)

Years
    Chances of anyone getting those alchemy items are slim to none >:

Notice that Ruby = Evil

Sapphire = Good

When it comes to alchemy, and I think the cooler items need sapphires so it will be interesting to see how willing people are to trade.

Nice we've made over 100 posts without a real challenge happening.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    There are notably less sapphire users, making for a more evil playstyle :paranoid:

I had to download a new rom, so i chose Sapphire because of my very defensive playstyle, but if i get a counter blade, expect some chaos :badsmile:

Years
    There are notably less sapphire users, making for a more evil playstyle :paranoid:

I had to download a new rom, so i chose Sapphire because of my very defensive playstyle, but if i get a counter blade, expect some chaos :badsmile:

Why would you break out the absolution blade or try and go for the ultimate weapons?

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Why would you break out the absolution blade or try and go for the ultimate weapons?

It depends on the situation, like how far behind i am the lead, or how my inventory and point total look at the moment. But knowing me, I will try probably try to get the duck and then use my points to wreck havoc :badsmile: I have a plan with some different strategies up my sleeve :rambo:

Years
    The Vortex item is the last one I added, because I figured that would ruin someone's day lol to be collecting all these items for the ultimate weapon just to have it all taken away.

I like my dice to :D

but my most favorite

Joltik of course

It's so cute

Zomg you guys you get your suggestions and complaints in I am so excited. It will probably actually start tonight because I'll be up all night and sleep til noon.

Years
    I'm planning on buying as many defensive items as I can...

As you should....
    last round was only 5 people
    and you couldn't trust a single one of them D:<
    now we have 18
    and you shouldn't trust a single one of them

look at Snow Phoenix over there
    plotting
    I see you sir

D: now which sapphire user wants to be my allie?

Who wants to be on Team "Take JD out the game"?

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    As you should....
    last round was only 5 people
    and you couldn't trust a single one of them D:<
    now we have 18
    and you shouldn't trust a single one of them

look at Snow Phoenix over there
    plotting
    I see you sir

D: now which sapphire user wants to be my allie?

Who wants to be on Team "Take JD out the game"?
    And this just happens to be the first thing I see in the morning @-@

And right you are! You have been warned.

Years
    *Get an e-mail on my iphone that says there is a new post in the forum*

*open e-mail and see that it is Snow Phoenix who I just dissed on a minute ago*

*packs her bags and runs in fear*

and this children is why when the tournament begins make sure you are subscribed to the forum so you know what it is going on. Beginning might be a little slow but eventually everyone will be out to attack you.

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I just check this forum all the time (Except when I'm in school or sleeping :sleeping:) Especially today, because i have no idea when it will start (Timezones...)

I am too looking for someone to work out some kind of alliance with, in my case a Ruby user. :cer_shifty:

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    I have a question.
    It says for spring that I HAVE to have either a Purple/Pink pokemon or a rodent. Is there any requirement for when I have to get them?

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I guess at the first Pokemon count: the 4. gym

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    I just check this forum all the time (Except when I'm in school or sleeping :sleeping:) Especially today, because i have no idea when it will start (Timezones...)

I am too looking for someone to work out some kind of alliance with, in my case a Ruby user. :cer_shifty:
    Any chance I can get you as my ally? ;) I know that Ruby item might be helpful for you, and you know I can do quests and stuff too.
    I have a question.
    It says for spring that I HAVE to have either a Purple/Pink pokemon or a rodent. Is there any requirement for when I have to get them?
    Well you need 4 team members by the fourth gym and 6 by the seventh gym. So just plan a bit around that - look at the lists that jespoke and I put together (or rather just jespoke since he did Spring).

Man that Sudden Change item is gonna be killer since hardly any pokemon qualify more than one season, lol.

And I still don't understand how the quests are supposed to be rewarded. Is it the first one to post that they did it? maybe they should submit proof if they can...this is why I wanted to make them available to anyone, or at least some of them, like the Surskit one could be because it would take forever to do. You even mentioned the fact that people would be pissed if they did it only to find that someone else posted before they did. If you could clear up how you are going to award the quest treasure chests, that would be good.

This thread has 100 posts already! o_O

King!

better
    Years
    ^yeah, I think that if someone spent their whole day (as in game day) doing something, just to find out when they were posting it someone got it in a few minutes before them, it woulnd't be very fair. But maybe you could, like, give a bigger reward for the person who finishes it first, and then slightly smaller things for people who do it afterwards. It just seems like kind of a waste of a game day. :P

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    ^yeah, I think that if someone spent their whole day (as in game day) doing something, just to find out when they were posting it someone got it in a few minutes before them, it woulnd't be very fair. But maybe you could, like, give a bigger reward for the person who finishes it first, and then slightly smaller things for people who do it afterwards. It just seems like kind of a waste of a game day. :P
    Yeah, that could work - the first 3-5 people to finish it get less items or something like that.

Years
    Any chance I can get you as my ally? ;) I know that Ruby item might be helpful for you, and you know I can do quests and stuff too.

Well you need 4 team members by the fourth gym and 6 by the seventh gym. So just plan a bit around that - look at the lists that jespoke and I put together (or rather just jespoke since he did Spring).

Man that Sudden Change item is gonna be killer since hardly any pokemon qualify more than one season, lol.

And I still don't understand how the quests are supposed to be rewarded. Is it the first one to post that they did it? maybe they should submit proof if they can...this is why I wanted to make them available to anyone, or at least some of them, like the Surskit one could be because it would take forever to do. You even mentioned the fact that people would be pissed if they did it only to find that someone else posted before they did. If you could clear up how you are going to award the quest treasure chests, that would be good.

This thread has 100 posts already! o_O

Going on what King said maybe a booby prize... I just plan on these treasure chest holding some great game changing items so I don't want them to be available to everyone.

People who beat a quest, if you are using emulator give me proof, if you aren't using an emulator it is 2011 why don't you have a camera on your cell phone >:

I was going to do hard copy cause I got stuck with the sucky Ruby counterfeit which I can't use to transfer pokes on to Heart Gold with (I guess I can transfer them to my legit Sapphire but w/e effort) but I think I'm going to play it big for this tournament. Pop the rom on to my jailbroke Wii and play Ruby Version on the big screen :D

So if you are going for quest also just go ahead and tell us, so that way maybe others will be "Oh a lot of people are going for it so I won't" I also want someone to clear it so I can erase it and put a new one up. Every time a challenge is beat a new one goes up.

I'm going to add my dice roll events on here (for my own personal reference), work on my personal DM cheat sheet so I can keep track of things (which Joltik basically gives you access to), and then we are ready to play. Someone else make sure to post here ask more questions so I don't double post and look a fool.

Jespoke be on my team. Screw JD. Everyone should be out for his head he is too crafty for his own good. Gimmie your sapphires :D

I personally would want them to go for the Choboco item, because without it, you're screwed, even though Black Out is a lottery item I just have a feeling people won't be up to their best behavior.

As far as it goes for required Pokemon according to season
    Like Jespoke said, make sure you have it by the first check out, which would be the 4th gym

Once again I'm going to stress the importance of updating if you don't post what you've done, you get no points, simple as that, I'm already ticked that I go through all this effort making eggs for egg salad supreme yet half my people I never hear back from, in this tournament if you don't give me ever piece of information I need no points.

Required Items for points submission
    Every TM you've obtained or was given to you
    Every Pokemon added to the Pokedex, please say if it allows extra points (playing Ruby catching a red Pokemon, or fire Pokemon makes it worth 5 points), Sapphire (catching a blue pokemon, or water Pokemon) the same.

ALSO ALSO ALSO ALSO because of the level requirement, no Pokemon in your season party may be more than 5 levels lower than your highest level party member, I require you post every Pokemon in your party, their level, and their moveset (because remember with each season comes a list of banned moves).

Excited?

I am.

I already know what we are doing for the third tournament :D

Edit: People who decide to take part in quests don't worry about me... since I know what is in all the treasure chest I feel it wouldn't be right for me to pursue them.

Laure's Handicaps: No Counter Blade for me (my revenge on myself for knowing who has a counter blade) which means no absolution blade, creature of darkness, or choboco item for me, unless someone is really nice and gives me one ;_;)

No Quests

I can't use my favorite item, Joltik

Man you guise should feel sorry for me

Good Things for Laure: Making the game ever living hell for you guys

THE SMACK TALK BEGINS

Last edited:

King!

better
    Years
    Yes, that sounds like it will work. :D But maybe if someone completed the last quest they should have to sit out the next one so it isn't the same person who has the advantage of being on all the time to play/update gettng all of the items? Dx idk Just suggesting things before it is too late, and so it's more even for people who have school starting and all that stuff. :)

Now that everything is starting to get wrapped up, I'm super excited about this. START IT SOOOOON! O:<

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I think that for my first game, i dont want to be on the main front (Laure VS JD) so i teamed up with King through PM (You know, the guy who says he's slow in every post):cer_laugh:

I'm willing to be a Sapphire merchant from time to time though, unless i feel like i risk myself with it :cer_shifty:

King!

better
    Years
    yay to put a target on my back v.v Nah, jk, it's not like we're going to be blowing everything up and taking the game by storm. :P I'm not planning on hurting anybody, really... except for the ones who stole my summer season O:<

Back