• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Challenge of the American Pokemon League

Years
    "I had enough of this!" Shouted Angus from the top of his lung. He starts smashing his way through thr crowd until he made it to the entrance. He showed his I.D. to the guard and was let in.

Thinking that the nightmare with the crowd over, he was shocked once again when the gym was crowded as well. "Free entertainment I guess." He thought to himself as he watched the trainers fight the gym leader.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    As I continued watching the battles, I noticed the next challenger looked like she was only four years old. "Do they even let people that little in the league?" I muttered.

She sent out a Ledyba, then a Togepi and lastly a Happiny. Each was defeated in one hit. When the girl had lost, she kind of just stood there looking all happy.

"Honey, you're going to have to leave now. You lost, you'll have to try again later." The gym leader, Naomi, said calmly to her.

The girl's response was a little unexpected, "Okay!" She skipped off and the next challenger was called. God, i'm going to be here forever...

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    Chris stepped out of the Taxi. "Meet me inside.", he said to the other trainer. He headed into the building, only to see a large line. "Excuse me. Is this the line to challenge the gym leader?", he asked a league official by an elevator. "Yes. And judging by how things have been going I expect there to be a three hour wait." "Anyway past it?" "No." "Even for this?", he asked, holding out a wad of cash. "Not even for that." "But I'm an official trainer. Look!", he said as he held out his trainer card. "I see. Well, all that'll get you is up to the arena, but you'll still be waiting for a bit. You can get there through the elevator over there.", the official said pointing to an elevator surrounded by gaurds.

"Thanks,I guess.", Chris said. He went over to the guards, who after presenting his card was alowed into the elevator. He pressed the button for the floor with the arena and the elevator started up. He reached the floor and got out, only to see a little girl get her pokemon one-hit k-oed. "Dang! How long am I going to be here. These battles are pathetic!", Chris screamed. Several peopled stared at him, then looked back at the ongoing battles. He looked back at the field, sighed, and tryed to enjoy the free (but kind of dull) entertainment.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    Jeremy whistled a little bit as he watched beatdown after beatdown after beatdown, trainer after trainer falling from the Gym Leader. He gulped a little bit. "Heh, maybe we're not exactly up to par for this just yet...." Flare smacked him in the back of his head, rollinghis eyes. He was gonna try anyway...

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    After what seemed like forever, I heard a familiar name called. "Destiny Savioeur." That was the girl that got in right in front of me My eyes widened a bit, That means i'm next! I smiled and sat up a bit.

The girl, Destiny, walked onto the field. She looked to be about seventeen, hot and confident. She flipped back her long, brown hair and began with some antagonizing tactics, "Hmph. Looks like my first badge is going to be pretty easy." She placed a hand on her hip, "I plan to get your badge, very quickly."

"I'd like to see your plan come to fruition." Naomi grabbed a pokeball and tossed it, her Girafarig appearing. Destiny then reached down to her belt and sent out a Pidove.

"You're kidding, right?" I mumbled, but leaned in closer, interested in the outcome.

"Girafarig! Agility then Double Kick!" Came Naomi's command that was answered by a "RIG!!!!!" Girafarig started running, before going so fast he disappeared completely, only to reappear right in front of Valiant and aiming his hoof right at it.

"Detect!" Valiant's eyes began to glow, and he evaded all of Girafarig's strikes. "Air Cutter." Valiant slashed the air with its wing and made a sharp wind that hit Girafarig at point blank range. The Girafarig flew back and crashed into a Xatu totem. It struggled to get up but eventually managed to.

"Psychic!" Girafarig's eyes began to glow purple, and Valiant was surrounded by the same purple hue.

"Gust!" Valiant was slammed into a bush but recovered almost immediately and created a huge swirl of wind and sent it at Girafarig. Girafarig managed to keep its hold on the ground but was knocked out by a surprise Air Cutter.

"One down, two to go." Girafarig disappeared in a ray of scarlet light and Gardevoir appeared to take his place.

"Calm Mind." Gardevoir closed her eyes. Nothing seemed to happen but I knew her power was rising. "Shadow Sneak."

"Quick Attack!" A bunch of shadows swirled around Gardevoir as she soared towards Valiant, who soared right back with Quick Attack. The two pokemon collided, creating an explosion of black and white. When it cleared, Valiant was struggling to stay in the air, and Gardevoir looked just a little tired.

"Roost!" Valiant landed and recovered, while Naomi commanded Gardevoir to use Magical Leaf. The glowing leaves soared right at Valiant, whom knew it was pointless to dodge as the leaves would just chase him. After the leaves hit, Valiant launched an Air Cutter, which Gardevoir tried to avoid but still got hit, taking minimal damage.

"Disable then Psychic." Gardevoir launched a blue ring that encircled Valiant, disabling Air Cutter, then used Psychic and throwing Valiant into a floating purple orb.

"Valiant, time to put on a little charm with Attract!" Valiant winked and a large pink heart floated over to Gardevoir, popping into smaller pink hearts on her face. "Finish it off with Fly!" Valiant soared into the air and then dive bombed Gardevoir, knocking her out.

Naomi growled under her breath. "Gardevoir return! Go, Gothica!" Gardevoir disappeared and was replaced by a Gochiruzeru, Gothica. "Faint Attack!" Gothica disappeared and Valiant suddenly crashed to the ground. "Flatter!" Gothica did as commanded and Valiant's eyes glowed purple from confusion.

"Snap out of it and use Air Cutter!" Valiant did use Air Cutter, which was no longer disabled, but it was way off course.

"Uproar." Gothica began to scream, causing many people to cover their ears. Valiant swayed back and forth, ready to fall. "Charge Beam!"

"Roost!" Gothica generated a beam of electricity that was sent towards Valiant, luckily Valiant used Roost, causing him to lose his flying type classification. "Fly!" Valiant did the same as with Gardevoir and dive bombed Gothica. "Air Cutter!" Gothica was still disoriented due to fly and was sent spinning from Air Cutter. "Finish this battle with steel wing!" Valiant's wings began to glow and he sliced Gothica, causing her to faint.

"Game, set and match." Destiny was awarded her badge and she walked out with style.

"Holy..." I started to mumble before something came over the loudspeaker.

"Naomi must take a break to get her pokemon refreshed. Battles will be delayed for a little while." That was followed by groans from the crowd, including me.

Years
    After hearing that the Gym Leader is taking a break, Angus was one of the people who moaned about the news. To wait in the queue, he got his mobile phone and chose to go to Youtube to watch videos of Pokemon Leagues outside of the USA.

Back