• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Children Are Hunted

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Kai was currently not all that far outside the local town, though she had stopped completely. She was currently using her vines to help support her weight, though even with that help standing was still painful. Legend was on her back, propped up against her bulb, seeming to be resting. Kai was having an internal debate with herself over whether she should head on in or not. To her, every human was a potential risk. In this condition, they couldn't really afford to take risks like that, and yet if they didn't, they might never make it to a safer place. It didn't help she wasn't the only one whose life was at stake. She didn't want to have someone else's death on her hands, especially not someone as young as Legend. Yet... she might already have two deaths on her hand. She quickly dismissed the thought though. There was no point in worrying about that right then, though she couldn't help but feel slightly worried, even when she was trying to suppress it. The same rational mind that told her worrying did her no good also told her that the chances of all five of them surviving the wave were not exactly in their favor.

Kai was so focused that she wouldn't be aware of any nearby, approaching pokemon. At least not until they were pretty close or were making particularly unusual noises to hear in a forest. Legend was asleep, so she obviously wouldn't notice either. It was a bit wonderous that she could sleep with an injured leg like that. It occured to Kai to worry that perhaps she had actually passed away. She broke from her thoughts shift her weight towards her hind legs a bit. To her relief, Legend shifted a bit atop her back. She sighed. Well, if Legend of all people could make it, she might as well have faith the others could. Still, the rational part of her mind told her that luck played a far bigger factor than type resistances when a wave got that powerful.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Mickey and Bryan saluted Thomas playfully, indicating they were all for mayhem and destruction. Mickey drank something quickly and grinned. "We're ready to raise he'll boss," Bryan cracked. Ash whooped excitedly. She was determined to give these guys a show, not to mention crack some heads.

Zaria nodded. "Zoran knows," she said simply. "And you're getting better."

Mickey cackled. "Its because there's no romance in the air."

"To France?" Bryan questioned in mock innocence, grinning. Mickey laughed.

~~

"Is this all right?" Alyss asked gently, watching Zoran play with Doom.

"I dunno," he replied quietly. "But kids have to obey good adults so that's what we're doing." Alyss nodded, letting Cinder curl up by the fire.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    Aftershock Pt. One: A City of Grey and Pink.

"We can't take them all out. If we do, we'll never know what they've been planning. These "bosses" are strong, they've got overwhelming power. We don't know what to expect." Mark looked at the group, "Good plan, Thomas, and since that's all we've got, I'm on board." He heard a commotion out front. What was going on out there?

"I'll try to get their attention." Simon marched into his gym and grabbed a small black item of sorts. A microphone? In seconds a message was sent throughout the city and half the city stepped out of their room. This was going to be war. Then, Mark heard it, the bagning. There was a team outside, someone, something, waiting for their move.

"An explosive. Any, I'll intensify it, but we need it now."

Agatha stepped off her plane and examined a hurt Pokemon. "Send them out, now." she spoke angrily and hastily. In less than a minute, The C-RDM came forth and grabbed the hurt ones. Chansey and Audino, Blissey and Jynx all filled the scene. Each one holding a case filled to the brim with only the best medical supplies. Agatha stood still as she watched the world around her change from a cold grey to a vibrant pink. She looked for Aghoustus and Agnes, her loyal friends. The Gengar found her first and looked at her with pleasant eyes. These...these were two of the finest warriors and they had a knack for finding children.

Regis was outside the gym. It was surrounded by AAPM fighters, each one of them staring intently into the building. His brown cape spun around him through the careful wind. He smelled something...familiar. Explosives. Did someone there have explosives? Impossible, they were mere children. After this, each one of them would have a fierce talking-to. The AAPM would not fall now that they were so close to the Power. The Tournament was almost ready. Everything was falling into place. On the count of three the AAPM burst into the building. Who knew what they would find?

As the city was launched into war, the AAPM had finally found the RDM. Trapped in the battle are the CT's, the Venicians, and...the Black Ones? Standing in the darkest of the alleys, the hooded figure watched as the city was destroyed piece by piece.

(Oooooo, maybe we'll find out who that hooded figure is...)

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
    "Shut up, both of you!" Thomas said. He sighed and put his backlash back into his eyes alone. His light vision returned and... Wait a minute! When did all these people get here!? Thomas was already grabbing a stick of dynomite and lighting it as Mark shouted about an explosive. He tossed it to Mark, trusting whatever idea it was that he had.
    "Take cover!" Thomas warned the others.

Espore stepped off the plane after Agatha. He was starting to get really tired of people ignoring him. Well, if that's how they were going to play, then he was just going to find something to do! He performed a quick mental scan and found a room in the Venice Base that could help boost his power. In the flight over here, he had been thinking about his attacks, and had discovered he had one glaring weakness. He couldn't fight a dark type. None of his moves would do very much to one. So... He had to get a new one. He walked into the room and was met by a Pikachu.

"Hello. I'm Espore, a Deviser. I was hoping you'd be able to help me. You see, I need to learn a move. One that will help me stand up to a Dark type, as they are my only weakness right now," Espore said. The Pikachu looked him over and motioned for him to follow. He seemed to be doing a lot of that right now. He followed the Pikachu into a very large room. He sat down next to a machine, and something was placed on his head.

"How about Signal Beam? It's a bug type, which is strong against dark types," the pikachu asked him. Espore nodded, not quite sure where he learned the gesture.

"That would be perfect! Thank you for this!" Espore said happily. He began to sit back and let this weird machine teach him the new move.

Trigger squacked angrily at the Audino that was healing him. He hated when this happened, but he had no time to let his wing heal normally. He was the best flier the RDM had left in the area! He had to get back in the sky!

"All done Hawkeyes! You haven't changed a bit!" the Audino said as she backed away.

"Not true! I've become more grumpy as the years have gone by! Thank you, Lola. I really appreciate this!" Trigger said as he flapped his wing experimentally.

"If you truly appreciate it, then make sure you don't get hurt! You're better than that Trigger!" she said. He laughed and took off. He flew around, keeping a fierce eye out. Hold on a minute, wasn't that Agatha's plane? What the heck was that witch doing here? Things must really be bad! Hold it! The AAPM was swarming the gym! Trigger swooped down toward where Agatha was.

"Sorry to bother you, but the AAPM has taken an interest in the local gym. A gym that is friendly toward the CTs, if I am not mistaken. Thought you might want to know that," Trigger said. He settled down on the ground and picked a damaged feather out of his wing.

(OOC: I remember Garet learning a new move the same way Espore is, so I figured why not? He'd naturally want to learn a good move. :P)

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Ash sighed to herself. "Ah humans. They always assume there's such a thing as children." she stepped back by her cousin and a translucent blue shield formed around the group. She twitched suddenly. "This will be a touch unsettling. Brace yourselves."

"Backlash?" Mickey muttered and she nodded.

"starting to have trouble hearing. I'll be good for a bit longer."

Zaria looked uncomfortable, visibly shuddering. There were too many people and most were enemies. That meant this would be a war zone. Being able to get out of this alive would be a miracle. She sighed. Everybody died. What was the point of making that time come sooner?

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    Aftershock Part Two: Cometogether.

"Take Cover!" Thomas shouted and Mark crashed out through the window. The stick of dynamite began to glow as the AAPM prepared to seize him. They hadn't seen the red stick as of yet. Mark threw it and began to rush back into the gym while the AAPM pursued. Then he felt it. He couldn't move. Not an inch. Something was pulling him back. He looked around but couldn't see anything around him. What was happening? His body was frozen and the dynamite's time was almost up. Mark's eyes began to glow.

They turned a bright red and he remembered the pain. He panicked. There was nothing else to do but just watch. Sadly, Mark didn't give up. He struggled and his body began to glow piece by piece. First, his hands. Then his arms. His legs came next followed by his torso. After everything had happened, he would die like this? Mark, who only had two badges, who could see his friends but couldn't yell, would die?

"Use your power. Now, child, use your power." he heard the voice in his head ring. His body began to cover in an aurora of color. Then, just like that. The power was unleashed. A wave of color moved through the field. Mark was let go and stumbled into a blue orb shape made by a friend. A friend. He wouldn't die, not yet. The stick of dynamite exploded and Mark watched as it did much more than destroy the army. It destroyed Venice. Mark had destroyed Venice.

Arlanda looked at Mark with fear. The wave of color was pulsing through her body. She felt something strange. Without warning, her powers began to grow. Rain filled the sky, but she hadn't mean to do that. It was as if the wave of color had somehow super-powered her abilities.

"Help! I can't stop, my powers have been exploded!" she looked at Mark who was still watching all of Venice explode.

"A gym you say?" Agatha looked over and called the Gengar forth. Then she realized the Espeon had left. She searched for it as a huge wave of color swept through the city. What had happened? Some Pokemon began to use their powers uncontrollably. Others just fainted. The Audino and Chansey began rushing around to help them. But, none of them were prepared for what had happened next. Venice went up in flames. Buildings collapsed, and people rushed outside their houses.

There was nothing left inbetween them. The RDM and AAPM could see each other. An all-out battle would commence.

The hooded figure watched as Venice was destroyed.

"Just as it was foretold. One will lose their life and pain, as the city goes up in flame." they released the boy. He had created some strange super-charge. Why can he still not do it? There must be something stopping him. Interesting. They walked away slowly.

Nideous

Years
    Thomas fell to the ground. His mind was being overloaded by power. He was dimly aware of what was going on around him. This was... more than he had ever dealt with before! He could feel Mark and Arlanda near him, going through the same thing. As he tried to control this new power, a beam of light shot out of him and exploded the wall in front of him, making the whole gym shake. Wait, this power was acting like his light! He remembered just how he had gotten his light to listen to him. He stopped fighting this new power. Whatever it was before, it was his now. The only way he could control it was to relax. So, that's what he did. He calmed himself and let the power wash through him. He directed it, and it listened, but only slightly. But that was good enough. He struggled to his feet. Mark and Arlanda were still fighting against their powers, and that was going to destroy everyone. He focused his light, and blasted them, trying to knock them out. That was the easiest and fastest way to take care of that. Everything was rumbling, burning, breaking. Thomas wanted to go hide, but he had to keep everyone safe. He teleported through the light until he was above the clouds. He looked down at the city, and realised he needed to get rid of those clouds. He blasted them into nothingness and focused his light on the city, blanketing it in a warm glow. He found his friends and teleported them to Zoran. He was far enough away that the city's collapse wouldn't hurt him. And, he was rather easy to find, the one bright darkness in the entire area. Then, he did what might potentially kill him. Working fast, he began teleporting everyone else in the city away. With his light vision, it was pretty easy to tell whether someone belonged to the AAPM, the RDM, or was just an innocent civilian. He made sure to group the civilians with each other, but scattered the RDM and the AAPM people across the countryside, trying his best to keep them away from members from the other faction. He wasn't fast enough to save everyone, and that was terrible. A lot of people still hadn't escaped the burning and crumbling city. He used up the rest of the wild power inside him. He couldn't do anything else. He felt himself fading into the light. He had no idea where he would end up, but he couldn't stop it. He contacted Zaria again.
    "Zaria, I'm not sure what's going to happen to me, but please find Esper. Please, just make sure he's alright. I've tried to save everyone, but I'm not sure I could... I'm sorry," Thomas said. He faded into the light completely and a moment later was unconcious.

Espore looked around. He had just been walking back toward Agatha, and now he was here? Where was he? He performed a quick scan of the area. He could sense a few RDM people he didn't know. He walked over to them. His eyes were met with a Starapter. The large bird looked at him oddly.
    "Er... I'm Espore. You... Do you know what's going on? What just happened? Hm... We should probably find someone in charge," Espore said to the bird.

Trigger glanced down warily at Esper, until he began to speak. First, he had questions. Why did he call himself Espore? What a stupid name! Wasn't he Thomas's pokemon? Wait... Maybe he had been the one that hit everyone with that powerful mental shout earlier! Well, he certainly wasn't a threat now. He... He seemed to have forgotten everything!

"Espore, I am called Trigger. We should probably find Garet or Merin or Agatha. They seem to be the ones in charge of this whole failed operation. Climb on my back. I hope you aren't afraid of flying!" Trigger said. Espore climbed up onto his back and giggled. What an odd noise to 'hear'. Trigger never would have expected that out of him!

"I can't remember if I'm afraidd of heights or not!" Espore said, still laughing at this as though it were the most hilarious thing he'd ever heard. Maybe it was. After all, he didn't even remember his own name anymore.

(OOC: Alright. Everyone that was close to each other will likely still be grouped up around the countryside. Like Garet and Carrie were running together, odds are they still will be. But, I leave that up to all of you! Also, feel free to bunny Thomas's location for where he comes out of the light.)

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Ash felt herself being teleported and cursed. She hated teleportation. Well, screw that, she hated almost every form of psychic abilities. Thomas you moron... This was what happened when people weren't pragmatic. Oh well. She would have to find the idiot... wherever he ended up. Zoran didn't even look surprised when they appeared near himself and Alyss. Doom barked in alarm.

"It went bad?" the boy asked.

"Understatement," Zaria reported when she appeared in front of him. "I'll go find Esper. Ash is too tired."

"Now who's making understatements?" Ash retorted as she passed out. Mickey caught her and Bryan helped him move his cousin to lay in the grass.

"Yeah Venice is destroyed," Bryan reported. "Also our two favorite organizations are currently near all-out war."

"Ooh," Zoran commented. "Tough ****."

"Okay, are you sure you're mentally seven years old?" Mickey asked, whirling to glare at him. Their whole plan had just been literally blown to pot and he was mocking it? And cursing? okay yes Zoran did make more jokes than was healthy at that age but still! Zoran blinked at him.

"When did I ever say I was mentally seven?" the boy replied cheerfully. "I just thought it'd be easier to act like that. Mickey, be honest, I never acted like that at this age. You know that."

Mickey was silent a moment. Then he growled. "I swear if you weren't shorter than normal I would kill you..."

"Sucks to be you," the boy retorted, glancing over the others. "So... what now?"

"Next badge?" Bryan offered.

"As a group?" Mickey countered. "Death sentence. We can't leave those two alone though," he commented, jerking his thumb at Mark and Arlanda. "They will get themselves killed. Seriously. This is what happens when you've never been taught the grey line."

Zoran sighed. What a pain.

~~

Thedore Ebony wandered the forests of Eastern Europe in pondering silence. This was going faster than he could have dreamed. Those two groups of fools were about to destroy each other. Venice was already gone. People were protesting, some silently, some violently. At this rate, there would be no need to scapegoat. Above him there was a sudden flash of light, hitting the clearing not far away. He walked over to see just what had landed. It was certainly no ordinary meteor. In fact, it was anything but.

He smiled at the sight of the unconscious light-user on the ground. "My, what a dreadful accident. I must get you medical attention."

(OOC: I couldn't resist XD. On both counts. Yes Nideous, Zoran didn't lose his memories and yes Theo has found Thomas vulnerable.)

Garet

GhostFire
    Years
    (...What in the world is going on here?)

"Garet! Be careful! AAPM agents are all over the place! I'm incapable of flying, so I'd better get myself to Skyhigh and await medical attention," Trigger had called.

If Garet and Carrie hadn't heard the Staraptor, then they would have literally run into a certain Bulbasaur and Torchic [Kai and Legend]. They'd skidded to a halt, Garet to see where Trigger was, Carrie because Garet had stopped. That was when they found the Bulbasaur and Torchic. After taking in their looks with a glance, Garet had told the Gabite, "I don't care who they are or who they're with, but make sure they get back to SkyHigh and the others for medical attention."

"While you ignore Hawkeyes' warning?" Carrie snapped back.
    That had started a somewhat brief argument, the Gabite ranting on about Garet's faults, the Arcanine trying to stay calm with frayed nerves, and both generally ignoring the two small Pokemon they'd just found.

It was ended when a wave of color swept through the nearby city [Venice]. Carrie almost immediately fell unconscious, while Garet felt his internal fire growing hotter. What the-- His thought stopped when he saw some sort of explosion begin to consume the buildings of Venice. What in the world was happening?!
    Belatedly, Garet noticed that he, Carrie, and the two small Pokemon were close enough that they might be caught in the destruction. He was turning to the small ones when they were all teleported.

Leo had found his way to one of the healing Pokemon to be healed and was now helping where he could with the Heal Pulse he knew, though he didn't have the skills of the C-RDM. The Lucario was standing and stretching his arms when he saw the wave of color rush through the distant city of Venice. Among the Pokemon whose powers were suddenly super-charged, Leo SkyHigh was one of them.

Leo's Aura-sense went out of control. He could suddenly see the Auras of everyone within a half-mile radius of himself, all at once. The sudden input to his brain was too much for him to handle. Gotta turn it off, he thought. It wouldn't turn off, though, and it had taken the place of his normal eyesight. "Why can't I turn it off?!" Leo growled, holding his head with his paws. Through the Aura-sight, he watched as Venice suddenly went up in flames. The city whose RDM base his custom-made plane was in. The same base that held the AAPM portfolio and the strange badges Leo had discovered.
    The same city around which all of the recent troubles revolved.

Something flashed through his Aura-sight, and Leo watched, without turning, as the white Arcanine and the unconscious Gabite landed on the ground behind him. Seeing Garet's Aura was the trigger that focused Leo's attention solely on him. It was Garet, and Merin, and Agatha, who had been the ones in charge of tracking down the CTs.

"Are you happy now?" Leo snapped, turning to face Garet's Aura. He did not notice whether the Bulbasaur and Torchic [Kai and Legend] had come along for the ride or not. "Are you happy now?! It was you, and Merin, and Agatha who insisted on trying to catch the CTs! And now look!!" The Lucario was shouting now. "A battle that prob'ly crippled several Pokemon! A tidal wave that could have killed several more!! Now Venice is...is...practically gone!! I don't even need to mention that the RDM base is probably ruined, along with my plane and black badges that I found and a portfolio I took from an AAPM base that might have contained vital information!! As well as everything else important that was in the base!"

Garet was too busy to pay much attention to Leo's ranting, leaking as much white-hot fire out his mouth as he dared. This felt as hot as Van Flaresoul's fire had been, if not hotter, and there wasn't enough room for all of it. Carrie was still unconscious, and Garet didn't look to see where the Bulbasaur and Torchic had gone. He'd also briefly forgotten that Winny was still nearby (whatever condition she was in).
    When the Lucario finished, though, Garet looked up at Leo. "You think I don't care?" he asked, the words somewhat garbled by leaking fire. "I'm trying to get rid of excess fire, if you haven't noticed, and I saw the explosion start. I was close enough that I might have been hit if we hadn't been teleported by whoever had teleported us. Personally, I plan on asking Agatha some more questions before I try to move on with anything." Garet remembered certain words that Leo had just said. "What was that about badges?"

((I hope I left it open so that Kai and Legend could have been teleported anywhere.))

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
    Van

Van woke up. He looked around at the others. The last thing he remembered was that a weird flowing light flew through the gym. Next thing he knew, he was out. He felt oddly supercharged. That light had given him power. Too much power for him to handle, and he burst into ivory colored flames. He started coughing up great spurts of fire, shooting it deep into the grass, creating a rather large scorch mark on the ground. it hurt! He was able to tolerate even the hottest of fire, but this was way too much! Finally, after several minutes of this, he flickered out. He was seared all over his body. He stood stock still after trying to take a step and yelping in pain. This was a new one for him. He, a Vulpix who's fire was so hot it turned white and he could absorb even the fire from the strongest pokemon, was burned. Burned! He had never experienced this before. So, he stood still, whimpering a little but not daring to open his mouth to speak, and waited for the pain to go away. As he stared at the others it became clear that Mark and Arlanda were knocked out. Big deal. And Thomas was gone, presumably to find Esper and Winny. And Zaria had gone off somewhere as well. Van had no idea whata was going on anymore. He wanted to shake his head at them, but that would only cause pain. What he really wanted was to bite something and scream at the top of his lungs. But that wouldn't help matters either.

Winny

Winny slowly came too. She held her arm stiffly. She was sore all over. She had felt something crash near her and she opened her eyes. Oh no! She was with some RDM agents! She immediately recognised Garet Truthseeker and Leo Skyhigh. Working fast before anyone noticed she had woken up she threw up her most powerful barrier. She was about to teleport, but found she couldn't. She had to concentrate all of her energy on the shield or it would fall.

Trigger and Espore

"Wee! This is fun!" Espore yelled for the third time since they took off. At first it had made Trigger smile, now he was getting annoyed by it. How old was this Espeon anyways? He was acting like a little hatchling!

"About nine months give or take. Wait, how did I know that?" Espore said after haering Trigger's mind. Trigger was baffled. He had not expected Espore to be that young. He was barely older than Van! Yet, the things he's done in his short life far outweighed anything Trigger had done in all his years. Ok, so he wasn't as old as any of the CTs, but nine years is a long time for a bird! He tighened his mental shielding to block Espore out.

"Espore, please remember that it is not polite to read people's minds," Trigger reprimanded. He felt Espore shrink back. Man, what had they done to this little guy?

"I'm sorry. I wasn't doing it on purpose. I'm still super charged with energy! It kind of just happened," Espore said, sounding very sorry. Trigger felt him broadcasting it. he shook his head and looked around. Most of the city was in shambles. There were many dead, but not as many as there should be for a city of that magnitude. Did whatever had saved him and Espore save most of the others? Well, he'd have to go report it. Time to find Garet or Merin or Agatha. The only ones that seemed to have answers. He spotted Garet near where Leo had been. He swooped in low and landed. Espore leapt off his back.

"Hello there," he said in greeting to the new people, unperterbed at Winny oogling at him from behind one of her barriers. Trigger looked at Garet.

"Truthseeker. This is Espore, a young Deviser with a lot of talent and a bout of amnesia after he fled his trainer. He has no memory of anything that's happened to him in a long time," Trigger said, explainging what was going on.

"It's true. Who are you guys?" Espore said, ever the curious one. Trigger sighed. He was going to let the others introduce themselves. He turned his attention to Winny. Great, so she had woken up.

"Esper! Don't you recognise me?" Winny asked. Espore looked at her oddly. He sat down and blinked serenly.

"Can't say I do. And it's pronounced 'Espore' not 'Esper'. It's a little funky, but that is my name! Or, so I've been told!" Espore said. He shook his head happily.

"Right, well, Truthseeker! I want answers and I want them, well, whenever you get done spouting excess flame," Trigger said. If anyone asked him how he knew what Garet was doing, it should be clear. He looked after a Van from his puppy stage. He had seen many things a fire type did. Not all of it was this tame.

Thomas

Thomas woke up in a hospital bed. The first thing he realised was that his backlash had faded to the point where he could see normally again. There were various small cuts all over his body, some deep and stitched up, some simply bandaged. He glanced at his right arm and frowned when he saw it was in a cast again. Thankfully it was one that would allow him to bend his elbow and grab things. He leaned back and tried to think. What had just happened? He remembered tossing the lit stick of TNT at Mark and getting hit by the light, then nothing. He wasn't even sure where he was anymore. He shrugged and sat still, as his legs wouldn't respond. They were probably full of painkillers. So, he would have to wait until someone came along and told him what was going on. That would be better than him trying to drag himelf out the door on his arms.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Zoran

Zoran shivered quietly, humming to himself. He was tired. He was trapped in the body of a seven-year old. They woke up early and passed out early. He wanted to sleep forever, truly. He was about to do that in ten minutes before he saw Van. There were burn marks all around the grass he was near and his eyes were widened with pain. Zoran walked over to him, looking worried. He held out a clean tree branch. "You okay?" he asked softly. Van was his friend. He had to worry. Aw geez, even his thought processes were childlike, just slightly more adultlike. Geez. Zoran went back to staring at Van with concern.

???

The door to Thomas' room opened and a blonde boy entered the room with a cart. He silently took a food tray and placed it on a nearby table. His grey eyes did not even seem to see the patient, simply working mindlessly. He wore a white nightshirt, a male version of what Alyss wore. Unlike her there wad a rising yellow sun on the right side of the front. When he finished his work, the boy sat down in a chair in te corner. He had still made no noise, even when he walked. He was like a ghost.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Kai noticed the sound of voices. They were not human voices. Therefore she assumed they must be pokemon voices. Obviously, the voices of pokemon varied a whole lot more than the voices of humans. Therefore it was simply far, far more easy to memorize what a human voice sounded like and assume anything else was a pokemon. She turned toward the source and saw an arcanine talking to a smaller pokemon. Had they noticed her? Had they noticed her? They were nearby, and appeared to have stopped to talk about something. Kai decided not to interrupt. She did not fear that she was in such critical condition that waiting was unacceptable. Traveling, yes. Not waiting. She did however lay down, deciding that if she was to wait, she could at least make herself comfortable. She would wait at least until they were done bickering or until they tried to walk off before speaking up.

Kai (Bulbasaur): "..."

Abruptly, a wave of color exploded across Venice. Kai cried out. If she hadn't already laid down she would've collapsed then. Legend became startled. She was a fire pokemon and thus the wave really wasn't that effective. Abruptly all of them were teleported. Garet would be left with an unconscious bulbasaur and a rather upset and confused torchic. Legend would've slid off Kai, and was now standing on one foot her other foot raised of her own designation.

Legend (Torchic): "H-Hey, what's going on?"

Nideous

Years
    Van

Van snarled angrily. He was in a lot of pain. He snapped a little bit.
    "Am I ok? AM I OK!? Do I look ok to you!? Geez, I thought Ash was the blind one! I've been losing my friends all day today, and then I get burnt by my own fire! What makes you think I could possibly be ok!?" Van snapped angrily at Zoran. He eyed the stick Zoran was holding. He whimpered again. Yelling with serious burns covering his entire body was very painful.

"What's with the stick?" Van asked finally, as he eyed it again. He wasn't sure what was going on. But he did know he had to do something about this burn. He stood still, not wanting to hurt himself. It hurt too much to move.

Thomas

Thomas gratefully accepted the food that the other boy gave him. He wondered if it was poisoned or drugged. Probably drugged. Especially considering that the boy was wearing something similar to what Alyss was wearing. Maybe... Nah, he didn't think that was possible. Still, he'd find out. He cast about in his mind for Esper, but found the link unused. How long had he been knocked out? He began to eat the food, not even tasting it. If he was a prisoner, then why would they have waited for him to eat before drugging him when he was unconcious not but five minutes ago. He turned to his silent observer.

"Hey, thanks man. I'm Thomas. Say, do you know where I am? Or who brought me here? I'm still a little out of it. Also, what's your name?" Thomas said with a cheerful smile on his face. His tone was light, so as not to cause alarm.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Zoran

The boy winced. No need to yell. It was the polite question to ask. "What's with the stick?"" he repeated softly. "I don't know. Think about it for a minute." He paused, watching the fox whimper and inwardly snorted. How obnoxious. "I've been considering using you as a training dummy, emphasis on the latter." His voice hummed in deadpan before he focused again. " So, will you let me heal you or should I just knock you unconscious? I don't need another snippy patient." He was referring to Mickey, who was getting grumpy from something else entirely. Bryan was not helping the issue. He spun one of Asha's Pokeballs on his finger.

Zoran did feel terrible for what happened but what good could he or Alyss have done? This was what happened in these situations and they had both accepted it. "Be happy you're still alive. It's incredibly possible that you may not be tomorrow." He did not touch Van, nor did his expression twitch with fury. He was grateful for his stoic expression. Zoran was tired, tired emotionally of playing around. He wanted to simply go kill the enemies and be done with it. But it wasn't that simple.

"That's why you strike first," Zoran declared coldly with a smile, releasing Ash's Lilligant to release an Aromatherapy over Van.

???

The boy looked up slowly, fluidly. His eyes slid away from Thomas as soon as he did so. The boy realized the boy expected a reply and also expected a look. So he looked. The whispers pulled into his head, murmuring and singing gently. "Not drugged..." he said after a moment, his voice with a light British accent. "No drugs... that's cruel... in the safe place... Europe's safe place in... Paris... Brie..."

"In other words," hummed a gentle voice. It was a Lampent, the flame in its lantern an odd purple color. The Lampent floated around the boy's head, its golden eyes giving Thomas a polite stare. "You are in a safe place in Paris, France. You were brought here by our caretaker and it would be cruel to drug you so your food is safe. And this is Gabriel but you can call him Brie. I am his translator Melan. I will not steal your spirit don't worry. Brie has promised me his." Brie blinked emotionlessly, still not standing up.

"People... assume... enemy..."

"They do not Brie. You're just a creepy kid and that makes them wary."

"..."

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    (I may not be able to post Friday and Saturday, but Sunday I will.)

Arlanda

It was strange. Being alone after so much time with others. It felt...strange. She thought she had felt his presence first. Her wind blew in the direction he appeared from. His yellow skin piercing the air with static. His tail wagging shock waves around the sky. Her arms fell to her side and just like that, she was home again. Raikou came rushing into her hands while she patted his small hand. Her arm absorbing the electricity with every. In a way, Raikou was perfect for her. In another way, they were dangerous together. One strange touch and lightning could destroy thousands of homes. But, she didn't care, she just wanted Raikou.

Pieces of Venice had scattered in the explosion, some still on fire. She wandered the field she was in. It occured to her that there was something she had forgotten to show her friends. Out of her pocket came seven shiny objects, each one representing a different gym. Seven badges from around Pangaea, all with the help of Raikou. He nuzzled her cheek. That's why they had come to Venice, but something had gone horribly wrong. She looked over at Raikou and continued to walk, not knowing what she would find, not knowing where she was. Not knowing that her unconscious body was being pulled by Clair as she ran from the AAPM.

Mark

Mark sat in a dusty field, his Pokemon by his side. Where he was, that he knew. Why he was there, also in his brain. What he didn't know, was what he was supposed to do now. Another deep breath, that's number seven. What did he know?

His name was Mark. Last name, Oak. He was fourteen, no, fifteen, wait- sixteen. Starting over.

His name was Mark Oak. After reading a newspaper article on his computer, he had learned there was a war in Venice, with the RDM taking the AAPM down. The leader of the AAPM was nowhere to be found, but Mark was sure he would make some excuse to cover this defeat. Oh, right, his name was not Mark Ronimoba. That detail kept churning around in his head.

He got up, turned to his right, and walked. His powers had somehow supercharged the telelportation. He had ended up in Africa.

Nideous

Years
    Thomas

Thomas smiled cheerfully at the pair, but was unsatisfied. Being in Paris was all well and good, but who was he with? Because he wasn't with anyone friendly to him. If he was he would have his pokeballs with him.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Brie and Melan. Now, I think you two knew what I meant when I asked who brought me here. But, I'll worry about it when I can feel my legs. Just make sure you guys take good care of my pokemon. Alright?" Thomas said as he lay back in the bed. He hated hospitals, but he needed them after doing crazy things like trying to teleport all of Venice away.

Van

Van backed away from Zoran growling at him. In his current state he was unable to tell sarcasm, and he took everything literally. No way he was going to be used for a training dummy! It took all of his self control not to blast the hell out of Zoran and run as fast as he could. But, he didn't want to lose another friend, though that ship had probably sailed. Even though his burns felt a lot better, he still ached all over from the harsh fighting he had been through.

"No way I'm going to let you, or anyone else hit me! I've been hurt enough for one day!" Van snarled as he continued to back away from Zoran.

(OOC: And so the fellowship begins to crumble. What will Zor do to save his mangled friendship with Van?)

Volt, Razor, Amber, Deluge, and Draco

Volt slowly woke up in a rather large room. He looked around and saw the others, out of their pokeballs and laying about unconcious. He got mad. He needed to wake them up. He didn't bother with quietly nudging them until they all awoke. No, he blasted them with the strongest Discharge he had.

"Get up you lazy fools! Master is missing!" he cried angrily as he zapped them. Deluge was on his feet first, followed by Amber.

"Gah! Volt! That hurt! Why'd you zap me?" Deluge said, a tear coming to his eye. Even after evolving he was still a crybaby. What a joke! Volt advanced toward him and he shrank back.

"I just told you, idiot! Master is missing!" Volt snarled. Deluge stopped being afraid for a moment and a confused expression crept on his face.

"Wah? Missing? Why is he missing?" Deluge asked. Razor shuffled her wings impatiently.

"Who cares!? I'm gonna go find him!" Volt said. Draco blasted him with Ember and he crashed into the wall.

"Well, good morning to you too," Razor said mildly. She cooed soothingly at them all. Really, was she going to have to be the voice of reason here? Volt and Draco stared at each other as Amber darted around trying to get their attention.

"Hey! Hey! I want to play! Where's Esper? I want to play with him!" she said quickly as she darted around. Volt continued staring until Draco ambled off acting like he was bored.

"Humph, you all are fools. We won't be able to get out of here. We never will. Not until we are stronger. Don't bother me unless you feel like getting hurt," Draco said. Volt snarled at him.

"Don't you dare threaten me! The others may be weak little fools, but I'm not! I'll teach you a lesson you'll never forget!" Volt roared at Draco. Razor shrieked loudly, causing them all to whince.

"Geez Razor, you scared me half to death!" Deluge said as he jumped halfway to the ceiling.

"That isn't hard," Volt said dryly as he began trying to blast the door open with his lightning.

"Enough! Fighting like this won't solve anything!" Razor said. Volt stopped blasting the door and turned around and glared at her. He used Double Kick one more time on the door behind him.

"Who died and made you the alpha?" Volt snarled.

"Until you all calm down and stop trying to kill each other, I am the one in charge!" Razor said in a quiet and deadly voice as she glared at Volt, standing fully erect and flaring her still damaged wings out. She hated dominating them like this, but they needed a leader, and she had the training to do that so many years ago.

"Yes ma'am," Deluge said meekly. Amber ignored her, as expected. Draco did as well. Volt actually cringed a bit and snarled at her. She must be more imposing than she thought.

"Fine! Have it your way!" Volt said. He walked off into a corner to go sulk.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Zoran

(Indeed it does)

Zoran resisted the powerful urge to beat his friend over the head and be done with it. Then he called. "Doom, fetch!' He threw the stick, hearing the sound of barking and excited yelping as his Houndoom chased the branch. He came back moments later, panting joyfully as he returned the slobbery stick for Zoran to throw. The boy complied, causing Doom to run off again. "You seriously thought I would hit you," he asked Van quietly. "I have no urge to torture small animals. I am not that sick in the head, Don't take your temper out on people that want to help you. Now sit still and stop grumbling. I really don't want to knock you unconscious so I can massage your muscles." Doom came back, barking and yipping happily.

Dora burst from her Pokeball as Lilligant went over to her own. The two Pokemon curtsied to one another and Lilligant returned, looking satisfied. Well, as much as their kind could. "Dora, heal the idiot," Zoran muttered quietly, sitting down. "Nothing worse than injured comrades.'
    "Master, is something the matter?"

"Bad feeling, exhaustion, and I know Mickey and Bryan are feeling tense over there!" The last part was spoken with a raised voice, causing the pair to shout their disagreement and for the boy to laugh. "They're being obnoxious." Dora shook her head and released a Heal Pulse over Van's body.

(Hah, I happily just went there. And yes,I've mentioned that fetch thing often enough.)
    Brie

The boy tilted his head. He didn't know the caretaker's name? This newcomer was strange. He should know. Brie had known before he had come here. Did that mean he came from an odd place? The whispers floated through his mind again and he ignored them, watching for a moment. Words were supposed to be spoken. Brie hated speaking, utterly despised it. "Theo… safe.... Pokemon…"

"Don't worry," Melan explained. "Theo made sure Brie would keep them in a safe place. Theo is our caretaker. He is a nice man. Insane but nice." The Lampent watched Brie's spacey stare move all around the room. "Your Pokemon were taken away so you wouldn't accidently overdo it."

Nideous

Years
    Van

Van grumbled to himself a bit. Mainly it was him being angry at himself for not trusting his friends.

"Sorry. I... I dunno anymore," Van said quietly as he was healed. He walked back to the group and lay down with a soft groan. He lay his head on his paws. He had no idea what was going on anymore. Thomas was missing. That much was certain. What he really wanted to do was march down to the RDM base and beat the crap out of Trigger. And Garet. And Merin. And anyone that got in his way. He wanted to destroy them all. But... He was in no shape to do that. None of them were. To him, things seemed just a tad bit darker without their resident light user around. And he felt really bad about snapping at Zoran. Zoran had been the first human friend he'd ever made.

"Really. I'm sorry Zoran. But what are we supposed to do now? They've got Winny. And Esper, assuming he didn't die in the wave. And what happened to Thomas? Where is he? I... I didn't mean to snap like that," Van said as he lay there. Just like a good dog. Van shook that thought out of his head. Granted, he was a lot tamer now than he had been before, but if he wasn't going to let other's patronize him that he then he sure wasn't going to do it himself.

Thomas

Thomas was stunned into silence. Theo had got him? Theo had gotten him!? T/hat was... Not good to be sure. He forced himself to relax. Those two did have a point. He shouldn't over do it. Not in the state he was in. He felt himself calming down and sighed.

"Oh well... As long as they are cared for and I get them back soon," Thomas said. Inwardly, he was seething. How had this happened? He had been stupid to try that little stunt. No, he couldn't say that, considering that he would have tried to do what he had done even if he had known Theo would find him. And, well, he was a little curious as to what Theo was doing. This would be the perfect chance to learn. But, he knew he was surrounded by people that would likely be his enemies if he tried to leave. Still, he had options. He just had to think of them.

"Think, Thomas think! You came up with a plan on the go, twice! And that first one would have worked if you had the chance to use it. You've got some time to make a better one now, use it!" Thomas thought to himself. He tightened his mental shields so tightly no one could penatrate them. Not even Esper. After all, Esper wasn't going to help him right now. And he didn't think Zaria would be able to get through to him the way he had to her. The only reason he had was because he and Esper were bonded so tightly. So, what was he going to do? Because he couldn't afford to stay here too long. Or could he? True, he had to get back to his friends, but what if he could free them from Theo's grasp forever? Still, there was nothing he could do while he was so weak and drained and without his pokeomon. So, the first thing he would do was get his strength back.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Zoran

The boy smiled. "Don't mind at all," he said merrily. "You've got a nasty temper. It makes your fur all fluffy." he groaned. "I really am a child." he laughed at the thought. "Hey, when you evolve will you still be fluffy?" He couldn't help the question. The idea was adorable and hilarious. Besides, it was a great idea for a pillow. Ninetails fluffy bean bag. Of course not made from Van though. E strolled over, sat down, and began carefully massaging the Pokemon's body. "Can't brush your fur right now. Micley's brushing Ampharos." he said this nonchalantly, humming.

Honestly the only thing he could think to do was recover. They were all pretty bad off. Charging in like this would get them killed. Pointless.

Brie

Brie felt anger radiate from the older boy and quickly stepped back. False words and feelings flowed. That was strong. Then it all vanished and left a void in the air. "Brie... care... Pokemon..." he hoped what he managed out would be understood. He didn't want to go in the Box again. It was too painful in there.

Melan sighed. You can leave whenever you want, so long as Theo clears you once. You don't have to though. Brie will show you around when you feel a bit better."

Nideous

Years
    (OOC: How were Thomas's words false? He was telling them to take care of his pokemon. The rest of it may be true, but yeah, Thomas wasn't lying. Also, Brie seems to be an Empath. :) Also, assume that Thomas is going to keep himself shielded at all times, even if I forget to say it. He doesn't want anyone in his head right now.)

Thomas

Thomas shook his head. He wasn't about to leave. He had things to do here first. It would be pretty messed up of him if he were to simply leave without trying his best to make things better for the people around him.

"I'm not intending to go anywhere. I wouldn't feel right if I just rejected this out of hand. So, I may stick around a while and see what all this is truly about," Thomas said. He added mentally, "and stop it if I get the chance."

But he didn't say that. He did understand what Brie was saying. He was saying he'd take care of Volt and the others. Thomas hoped Esper and the others were safe. Wherever they were. He smiled at the pair sitting in the room. They were alright. He'd probably find that most of the people here were alright. Which was why he wanted to bring a stop to this madness. Zoran, Zaria, Alyss, Ash, Mickey, Robby, Marcus, Bryan; he owed it to all of them to set things right.

"I appreciate that. Just be careful, Volt has a bit of a temper. Especially around male pokemon. He thinks he's the alpha," Thomas said. He grinned at Brie. Then he made himself comfortable and waited. What he was waiting for, he wasn't sure, but he was waiting.

Van

Van grumbled to himself. He knew his fur poofed up when he got mad. It was a defense mechanism. It was his body attempting to make itself look bigger to try and scare his foes away. He couldn't help it. Just like he knew he was so hot right now Zoran was likely going to have blisters when he got done. It's not like he could control the way his body reacted to certain things!

"Gah, I don't like it either. I hate when my fur gets all poofy. It makes me look like some kind of deranged plushy toy. And I'm not too sure I'm going to evolve. Not for a long time at any rate. I rather like being a vulpix. And sorry, I can't turn the heat down any lower. I... I think it's an after effect from having too much fire inside me. And, I naturally jump a few degrees when I get mad," Van said. He looked up at Zoran, sorry about this. Zoran didn't deserve to be snapped at like that. He had only been trying to help. But, Van was a creature of instinct, and his instincts had been telling him to protect himself. Now, he was slowly beginning to relax. And his instincts were telling him to lay still and stop grumbling! Ok, maybe it was just the message he was getting.

Amber, Razor, Volt, Deluge, and Draco

"Come on! Where are you hiding Esper?! I want to play!" Amber said. She was looking urgently for the espeon, but he was no where to be found. Volt growled at her.

"Amber, dear, you've looked around the room seven times, called out for Esper twenty-two times, gotten mad at Draco and Volt four times, and tackled Deluge twice. Esper isn't here. Calm down. We'll find him as soon as we meet back up with Thomas," Razor said soothingly to the scared leafeon. She and Esper were the only ones that called Thomas by his name. Esper because he was more the master than Thomas was, and Razor because hse would call no one master. She listened to him, and cared deeply for him, but he was not her master. Amber shrugged and ignored her, still searching.

"Esper! Please come out!" she cried. Volt roared angrily.

"Damn it! He's not here! so shut up you little brat!" Volt yelled angrily at her. Her ears flattend and she shrank back under his glare. The room fell silent. Razor glared at Volt as Amber began crying. He looked at the ground sheepishly. It was so easy to forget she was still less than a month old.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you," Volt said. He sat down quietly. He looked at Razor for help. Oh, now he wanted her input? Well, he got into this, let him get himself out of it. She was tired of trying to deal with him. She talon walked over to the wall next to Deluge, who was looking around nervously and settled herself next to him, using her beak to straighten out her damaged wings. Damn Trigger! Even after all those years he was still a pompous ass! How had he gotten the drop on her? He had flown above the cloud she had hidden in and lived up to his name of Hawkeyes. He had picked her out of the cloud by the shiny glint her wings made in the sunlight. So he had dove down and knocked her easily out of the sky. She was not going to let that happen again. She looked over at the others. Volt was still trying to get Amber to stop crying. He looked a little hysterical himself. She smiled. He was going about it all wrong. The easiest way to get a hatchling to relax was if you relaxed yourself first. But, she wasn't going to tell him that unless he asked her, and he never would. Deluge had curled up next to her and was staring out at thwe rest of them. And Draco was standing there banging his new body against the wall. It was remarkable how much they had changed through evolving. Shame she could never evolve. But then again, why would she want to? She was perfectly balanced, agile, and unbelievably fast! So, why evolve? She was perfect the way she was! She sighed and continued preening, making soft cooing noises at Deluge, trying to get him to calm down. Though those cooes sounded like soft bells because of her metalic insides, but she just thought that made them sound even prettier.

Back