• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Christmas Thread (Got any decoration pics? Post them here!)

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
    Years
    Oh boy, how do I celebrate Christmas? Well, every year there my family celebrates Christmas like any other Christian family, but there is an addition the celebrating. That addition is my birthday is also celebrated on Christmas, which is alright now that I'm getting older. :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My mom is going to get me a nice new coat cause it's cold here at school. I'm not interested in anything else. :) I've grown into the 'practical gifts' over 'just-for-fun gifts'.

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    I love Christmas! We always have a nice dinner, and this year I'm getting a TV for my room!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Christmas is just coming so fast now, I haven't a clue what I'm planning to do, but it probably won't be anything big I suppose, but a quiet family Christmas I what I'd assume right now.

I'm just hoping I'll persuade my dad to get me a new laptop for Christmas, but I don't want my parents to splash out too much cash on me, since I've already took too many dips into their money the last few months, and I feel really bad.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I just want money for Christmas. That way I can minimize my time having to open presents and having to return stuff that I don't want. Besides, most of the stuff I want is anime related, and I know nobody in the family would even know where to begin shopping for that...

BTW, our Christmas tree is up. One more thing I gotta dodge when i need a late night snack.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I think its still a little early for me to think about Christmas, but its a month away now hard to believe. I have to figre out what Im going to buy everyone then probably start shopping for it. Id like to have my shopping and wrapping done early so I can enjoy the rest of the holidays with no pressure. I dont know what Im getting, my parents dont really tell me although my mom says she knows what she's getting me. Tree isnt up yet, but we are buying two trees soon ( my mom likes Christmas trees). They'll probably be decorated once December is here.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I have no idea what to buy my mam D: I've asked her if there's anything she wants but she's not giving me a straight answer. I suck at buying presents.

As for me, I've already got my main xmas present (my laptop) so I'll just be getting Xbox & DS/3DS games and maybe some Microsoft Points. And money.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I have no idea what to buy my mam D: I've asked her if there's anything she wants but she's not giving me a straight answer. I suck at buying presents.

As for me, I've already got my main xmas present (my laptop) so I'll just be getting Xbox & DS/3DS games and maybe some Microsoft Points. And money.

That's unfortunate about your mom, lol. I'm lucky in that once I find the right present, I just...know that it's right and get it. You're also really lucky in the presents department o_O a new laptop AND new games?

Ayselipera

Well for starters I like Christmas, but when I say that I mean the Christmas that I envision in my head. The Christmas that I have every year is usually horrible and makes me wish it didn't exist. This year though it might be okay because I only just found out that instead of spending the actual day of Christmas Eve with my family (which is the worst) we're doing it early because one of our cousins is leaving early this year for their job. So technically it looks like I can do whatever I want on Christmas Eve which I'll figure out when the time comes closer. As for Christmas it looks like we're still spending it with my mom's side, but luckily they only stay for about two hours maximum so it's not too painful.

As for what I want there's really nothing. I thought I wanted some game, but I already don't care about it. So when everyone asked me what I wanted during Thanksgiving yesterday I just said, "nothing or if you really want a card." I just really wish Christmas would go by quickly this year because I have a lot planned to take care of after the holidays and I'm getting a bit anxious to just get them over with now.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I wish I could spend Christmas somewhere besides home with the family for once. Like the office. Or with my college buddies. Or the Quality Inn. At the very least, I'd like to eat out on Christmas day instead of yet another awful home cooked meal... I think Denny's is open on Christmas.

For me, buying gifts is simple. Everyone gets Wal-Mart gift cards. Which means I have to step into the living hell called Wal-Mart, but they're the ones who like to shop there, not me.

xelarator

Gentlemen.
    Years
    Ah, I love it when Christmas time comes around. I get to go to California to meet my grandparents in the mountains, and it snows their every Winter. I get to snowball fight with my sisters, aunts, dad,and cousins. And after that, my Abuelita[or Abuela[or Grandma]] makes the BEST hot chocolate. Plus, It's the perfect time to wear my blue beanie, green long sleeve sweater[over my winter jacket], and my red scarf, so I can pretend that I'm my avatar!

Although my grandparents are HIGHLY AND STRICTLY RELIGIOUS, they are alot nicer than you might think. Plus, the Church session is only about an hour, in Spanish-which I sorta understand but not really-, and everyone seems happy.

I don't really care about gifts. I get them all in October, before Halloween. And I think Christmas can be for everybody, no matter what religion. If you want to celebrate the birth of Jesus, however, that's a different story.

Eh, I kinda felt stupid about saying that last sentence.

Years
    First off, OH GOD MY EYES.

Secondly, I don't even think about the existence of Christmas until at least December. I hate it when people get so hyped up for Christmas when it is about two months away. I like Christmas in DECEMBER not October and November.

inb4scrooge​

Years
    I always enjoy Christmas, especially as we Australians have it during Summer.

It's like a nice warm Christmas unlike those Americans who have it in Winter.

The Christmas Thread (Got any decoration pics? Post them here!)

Merry Christmas PokeCommunity!
    From Hikari10

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Man, I hate the fact that Christmas is in winter up here. Even worse is all this "White Christmas" crap. I don't want a white Christmas, I want the roads clear of snow in case I get called in to work that day or when I want to go out for Christmas dinner at the local Denny's.

Maybe I'd enjoy Christmas more if it occured during a time when the weather was, you know, decent...

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Man, I hate the fact that Christmas is in winter up here. Even worse is all this "White Christmas" crap. I don't want a white Christmas, I want the roads clear of snow in case I get called in to work that day or when I want to go out for Christmas dinner at the local Denny's.

Maybe I'd enjoy Christmas more if it occured during a time when the weather was, you know, decent...

Since it is more likely that the actual birth date of Jesus Christ was sometime in September, your wish for there to be no snow during Christmas would most likely be granted, since it's rare for it to snow in September. The only reason Christmas is celebrated on December 25, is because the Roman Catholic Church wished to replace the pagan festival celebrating the annual return of the sun (the winter solstice) with a Christian holy day (holiday). So you can blame the church itself for selecting a day and month in which it is more likely to snow.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Hikari10 said:
    It's like a nice warm Christmas unlike those Americans who have it in Winter.

and english and french and spanish and irish and welsh and you get my point lol.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™ said:
    I don't want a white Christmas, I want the roads clear of snow in case I get called in to work that day or when I want to go out for Christmas dinner at the local Denny's.

Work on Christmas? That'd totally suck. And I thought Christmas was meant to be a family thing (tho hopefully it won't be for me this year lol) so I'll admit I'm a tad surprised at the going out for dinner part, haha. Idk. Over here, you usually have Christmas dinner at home with your family or whatever.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Not going to lie, but Christmas is bit overrated IMHO. I still celebrate it though, but I'm not like a fervent celebrator.

Spoiler:

Years
    I am, but I didnt get a good cadbury one. Just an iCarly one.

Christmas is awesome 8D About it only being for christians, I dont believe that. Know why?
    Because I dont. And because these Christian people come to my house every few days, and apparently, many christians dont believe in christmas.

My mum said to me 'Sorry if your brother gets more presents than you this year, its because I got you a big one." It better be an XBox or something lol.

Another question - Believe in Santa, anyone? I don't know what to believe.

...(Me goes to make sig and avatar christmassy)

Back