• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Collection Thread!

Years
  • OKAY, SO, THIS IS THE COLLECTION THREAD.
    I WAS SO EXCITED TO CREATE THIS THAT I CAN ONLY THINK AND TYPE IN ALL CAPS AT THE MOMENT.
    YOU SHARE PICTURES OF YOUR STUFF HERE. JUST DON'T SHARE STUFF THAT VIOLATES PC'S RULES.

Also, bonus challenge(s): What are your favorite pieces in your collection(s)? What was the first item you bought? What is your most valuable item?

I'll start us off.

My manga collection (warning 111 images; ~450 volumes):
    https://imgur.com/a/6vpXq

And my light novel collection:
    https://imgur.com/a/9HJEx

As I'll be coming back with more pics later in this thread or in another thread, I'll answer my challenges for the collections I've posted. My favorite pieces of the two collections I've shown are the Negima! manga and the Love Hina novels. Ken Akamatsu's universes are hella fun. For the manga collection, I'm not sure what the first book I bought was in the manga collection (I wanna say it was like Bleach 1 or something shonen-y like that, but I could be very, very wrong), but for the light novel collection, my first one was the Genshiken: Return of the Otaku novel. My most valuable books are probably either the Chobits books or the Dragon Ball Z Jumbo book on the manga side, and probably the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya novel on the light novel side.

I have so much more to show you guys, but this is all that I have photos ready for!

Post away with your stuff! Or your envy over my stuff. I guess that works, too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    Because of my lack of money/income & everything digital these days, I only bought manga and light novel of the same title.
    Spoiler:

For some reason, there's only 3 volumes right now...even though 4th volume was supposed to be out on Summer of 2014...and I don't buy the magazine because it's going to be too expensive...I have no idea what's going on with the manga in the magazine...it doesn't say it finished serializing or canceled, so I'm at least happy about that...
    Anyway, there's total of 13 volumes for the light novels and I'm only halfway into the 3rd volume because I'm too lazy and busy...but I really want to finish reading them. >.> But because of kanji and the words author use...it's tricky...so I have to read with my mom or I'm going to miss a lot of details. :/
    And I'm too lazy to take a picture of the 13 volumes so I hope you're fine with cover of 3 volumes of the manga!
    For people who can't read the title, it's called Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden.

I'm sure I'll be jealous (whenever that happens, I'll just look at my signature and be calm again) with people with large collection or the library of manga...but I don't really have any space inside my house...so just one complete set of one thing would be enough for me. xD

P.S. My favorite character is from that story... *wink* *wink*

Back