• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Corundum Palace~ [Hoenn Pokemon Fanclub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
  • The Shining Emerald of the Sea!

yeah, lame joke i know

About

cL7wi.png
    r0BnI.png
    k1vfc.png

This club is for everyone who is interested and in love with Hoenn Pokémon. Do you have an obsession with a Hoenn Pokémon? Here's the place to go! Do you have a serious passion for something related to the Pokémon? Anything related to Pokémon #252-386 is a prime topic here~ so come on down, we're always welcoming new members!

Rules!

⚙ All PC and PoC rules apply. But you knew that already, right?
    ⚙ Stay on topic, post often, and have fun!
    ⚙ Only about the Pokémon...I wish it could be about everything Hoenn, but…we all know how THAT played out.

Sign-up

Name? droomph.
    Where do you live? Route 112, in a cottage~
    Who are your two friends? Obviously Grovyle and Nuzleaf :3
    Answer the current topic!

The Pokémon!

avT9c.png
    i00SU.png
    bPrpe.png
    t9cuu.png
    Izb53.png
    a7Mfa.png
    ZdW9o.png
    rZeWm.png
    uZRcP.png
    261.png
    262.png
    263.png
    264.png
    265.png
    266.png
    267.png
    268.png
    269.png
    270.png
    271.png
    272.png
    QpfHq.png
    URzLu.png
    MeJoR.png
    276.png
    277.png
    278.png
    279.png
    7NwXy.png
    s7sVM.png
    s7sVM.png
    283.png
    284.png
    smu69.png
    pe3yA.png
    287.png
    288.png
    289.png
    290.png
    291.png
    292.png
    293.png
    294.png
    295.png
    296.png
    297.png
    298.png
    299.png
    300.png
    301.png
    302.png
    303.png
    304.png
    305.png
    306.png
    307.png
    308.png
    309.png
    310.png
    311.png
    312.png
    313.png
    314.png
    315.png
    316.png
    317.png
    318.png
    319.png
    320.png
    321.png
    322.png
    323.png
    xjdnU.png
    95mrU.png
    326.png
    327.png
    328.png
    329.png
    330.png
    331.png
    332.png
    szG7A.png
    JbAa9.png
    335.png
    336.png
    337.png
    338.png
    339.png
    340.png
    341.png
    342.png
    343.png
    344.png
    345.png
    346.png
    UYRIw.png
    BbRrK.png
    349.png
    350.png
    351.png
    352.png
    353.png
    354.png
    355.png
    356.png
    ovti0.png
    358.png
    359.png
    360.png
    bsvlP.png
    WY5Dy.png
    363.png
    364.png
    365.png
    366.png
    367.png
    368.png
    369.png
    370.png
    LKFX1.png
    CAPyh.png
    km48S.png
    374.png
    375.png
    376.png
    377.png
    378.png
    379.png
    EtktT.png
    zV545.png
    382.png
    383.png
    384.png
    385.png
    386.png

Citizens of our Hoenn~

droomph
    lR3ne.png
    iNoNN.png

Olli97
    k1vfc.png
    pOaKC.png

Rainbow Arcanine
    lIV2I.png
    qSnTX.png

NuOmicronMu
    0ocTA.png
    UnfNQ.png

simbion
    0TKyU.png
    QnFbp.png

Seraphimon-sama
    7oa02.png
    lUNeb.png

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • After replaying the Hoenn games a few months ago, I realised just how much I actually liked the games, and though I'm not all for the Pokemon, I still like them. So still gonna join this :D

Name: Olli97
    Where do you live: Mosdeep City, without any Pokemon that knows Surf :(
    Who are your two friends: Mudkip and Breloom, both are awesome and amazing in battle :D

Since there isn't any topic at the moment, I'm just gonna go ahead and start one:

The third generation Pokemon designs have often been subject to critcism, due to being of "lower quality" than the generation that came before. What is your opinion on the designs of the third generation Pokemon?

I gotta say, as I mentioned at the start of my post, I'm not much for their designs. I agree that the quality and concepts took a turn for the worse in the jump to the third generation, which is actually one of the reasons that I initially didn't like the third generation games. I've learned to live with it, and they're not bad per se, but compared to the older designs, they just appeared unoriginal, probably because it was kinda the same stuff that kept appearing, and the ones that were original just didn't feel that good. I must say, there are a lot of strong ones and a few ones I do really like the design of, but I feel like even the 5th generation, which has been heavily critized, brought forth better and more creative designs than the third generation. I mean, heck, even if a Pokemon based on ice cream is stupid and really doesn't belong, you can't help but admit that it is an original idea compared to a Pokemon like Whismur. I mean what even is it. I'm in no way saying I don't like the Pokemon, they just don't really live up to my expectations from what we've recieved in the four other regions and feel like it was a rather poor job done in this generation compared to all the others. I'm excited to hear what other people think though.

I'd also like it if there was a section in the post for sprites of the Hoenn Pokemon, just so that it'd be easier selecting partner Pokemon for those that are unsure :p And on the request of a friend of mine, could you change the text in the blue CSS box to a colour that is less likely to blend in with the background, since on certain styles, it appears completely unreadable :p

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • but...but...nuzleaf...and grovyle...

*sniff*

okay olli is it better?~

The third generation Pokemon designs have often been subject to critcism, due to being of "lower quality" than the generation that came before. What is your opinion on the designs of the third generation Pokemon?

I personally think the Pokémon are just decent as an average. Some Pokémon I reallly realllly realllllllllly reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy like (guess which~) but some I hate (or just somewhat disagree with, like that Whimsur line :p), but when you even it out, it's pretty much...meh :I I wouldn't say it's the worst, but I wouldn't say it's the best either.

that's how I look at it at least

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
  • Name:Rainbow Arcanine
    Where do you live?:You can find my treehouse in Fortree City,around the gym.
    Who are your two friends?Swablu and Armaldos :3.SWAABLU :D.

I have to admit at first,some of the Pokemon's designs I thought were strange and dodgy or uncreative.Wurmple I'm pretty sure was based off the Weedle and Caterpie line from Gen I and I'd just apprecieate seeing some more unique designs.But then again every generation has their uncreative and then the amazing.

I loved certain designs like Swablu's as it was simple yet pretty creative.Fluffy clouds to support its wings and there wasn't too much overkill on detail.Pokemon are based off realistic creatures and objects though,although I would like to see improvement in designs like Numel and Cacnea since they seem a bit dodgy to me :|.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    Name: NuOmicronMu
    Where do you live?: The wonderfully peaceful Verdanturf Town
    Who are your two friends?: Tropius and Torkoal

Since this was the first generation I ever played, I have my rose-tinted nostalgia-lenses aimed directly at many of the designs of these Pokemon. I will admit that there are some designs that I don't like (such as Medicham, Cradily and the Clamperl lines), but there are some that I enjoy, even though others don't (namely the Whismur line).

I can honestly understand why many people hate third generation Pokemon, with some of the less creative Pokemon (Swalot and Wurmple), and the trend of adding more and more legendaries (plus the over design of the patterns on the Weather Trio) that followed this generation, but I don't think that this generation was really like any other - a mixed bag of bad, good and mediocre.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Welcome to the club, guys!

I feel that we can all agree on that Gen III wasn't so bad after all, huh? So what are some favorites and least favorites?

...sry for not replying irl lol

simbion

Mean Green Soup Alien
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2012
    Name? Simbion
    Where do you live? in a waterproof house in Pacifidlog Town
    Who are your two friends? The simply magnificent Salamence and the cute as a button Snorunt

well my fave's are earlier in the post but my least favorite would shroomish i really just didn't see the point in that pokemon

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • My favourites kinda lie in the starters of the generation. They're some of the ones I feel like have had a lot of thought put into them, but design wise and for the way they function in battle. Their designs may still be a little plain, although compared to some of the generation's other Pokemon, I feel like they're pretty good, and they're pretty much some of the strongest non-(pseudo-)legendary Pokemon in the games. This is the only region where I wouldn't ever consider getting rid of my starter for another Pokemon, just because I like them so much. It's not anything I'd be likely to do in any other generation, but the thought has crossed my mind in several others before. Treecko is probably my favourite out of the three, just because it's... so awesome. I can't really describe why, as honestly, I feel like it's gotten the most plain design out of the three, however I've always really liked that Pokemon.

As for my least favourite, I can't really say I have any. As I said, I feel like a lot of the Pokemon feel a bit uncreative and not really Pokemon-like, but I don't really dislike any of them to say, as none of them really are truly bad. I have no relation to any of them that'd make me dislike them, so none really.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2014
    Name? Seraphimon-sama
    Where do you live? Southern Island
    Who are your two friends? Gardevoir and Latias, who else would I choose?!
    After much consideration, I have realised that my opinion on the designs of the Gen 3 Pokemon is heavily biased, as most of my favourites come from Gen 3. Gardevoir, Latias, Blaziken, Mudkip, Rayquaza, Flygon, Shedinja, Skitty and Aggron are all awesome, and the other Gen 3 Pokemon are pretty good too in terms of design.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back