• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Crystal [pg-16]

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Marc waited a while for the Alakazam to transfer things to Kabutops. Eventually he heard a voice saying," Hallo. Can you hear me alright?". Marc heard it clear as day, appreciated the Alakazam's telepathic strength and replied," Hello Kabutops. I can hear you well. The Alakazam is doing a good job. It appears well trained, like yourself."

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014

"Hello Kabutops. I can hear you well. The Alakazam is doing a good job. It appears well trained, like yourself."

Kabutops mind echoed with Marc's thoughts. He knew that Alakazam will shrug off the complement as he will. Now was not the time for that. Kabutops mentally closed his mind for some privacy and thought back to what Marc had said. His words had filled his thoughts as he wondered over here, and now he could finally reply. "You said you question were you loyalties lie? Are you not an Arleon? But being here is reason enough for me to trust you. Not many men could walk into a camp of their enemies and keep their cool." Kabutops thought some more. He had gotten all the information that Leon needed, and the Ralts back at camp could also help them talk. It was time to head back to the others, with or without this boy. "I need to be going, but you may come with me if you'd like. I warn you though, if you still remain loyal to the Arleon Queen, you will not leave our destination alive."

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Marc heard the Kabutops say," You said you question where your loyalties lie? Are you not an Arleon? But being here is reason enough to trust you. Not many men could into a camp of their enemies and keep their cool. I need to be going , but you may come with me if you like . I warn you though, if you still remain loyal to the Arleon Queen, you will not leave our destination alive."

Marc replied,"Believe me I am not loyal to Arleon. Unlike most of the other special troops that were soul bonded I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I worked hard to become a good warrior in the hope to earn a good life. Few aristocrats know how hard the life of a peasant is."

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014

"Believe me I am not loyal to Arleon. Unlike most of the other special troops that were soul bonded I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I worked hard to become a good warrior in the hope to earn a good life. Few aristocrats know how hard the life of a peasant is."

Maybe it was Marc or maybe Kabutops, but he heard a hint of hatred in his voice. This is good, proving that he is a tattered mess of a soldier. Kabutops may be able to break him into the group after all. "Good, then follow me. We shall journey to our camp, where you may talk to my master about the war." Kabutops disconnected from Alakazam. He was done talking, for now and probably ever. Leon will talk to him later, and Kabutops will not be needed. He stepped out of the tent; the sun was high in the sky, but starting to go down. Kabutops had not had lunch, and was feeling hungry. He pushed that out of the way, and with new energy in his steps, he walked to the tree line listening for Marc behind him.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Marc heard the Kabutops reply,"Good, then follow me. We shall journey to our camp, where you may talk to my master about the war.". The Kabutops cut the telepathic connection with the Alakazam and walked over to the tree line. Marc thought it might be about lunch time but he could go without food quite easily if necessary. In his travels he'd done it before and would probably do it again. Marc followed the Kabutops to the tree line, it was time to meet the Kabutops' master.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014

Kabutops slowed at the tree line, waiting to hear Marc's quite footsteps. The camp roared behind him so he couldn't hear anything. Eventualy Kabutops gave up, and turned around to see that Marc was following. They traveled for quite so time through the brush and forest, back into Arleon ground. Or they may have forsaken it do to the last attack. The mountains grew in size steadily, and Kabutops realized that he had started walking faster than before.

Leon stood up. There was some noise outside the cave. He walked to the mouth, but the sound had disappeared. It was around 4 o'clock, and he had been resting in the cool darkness the cave provided. Another noise sounded not far off, immediately drawing Leon's attention. He climbed into the guard post tree. If they came closer, they would have seen him standing there. If they went in, he could still attack them.

Kabutops pushed through the last of the trees, and found Leon squatting, and staring down at them. Kabutops gave him a weird look, that he himself didn't know what to make of it. Leon seemed to understand some of it, and hopped down from his perch. Leon stretched out his hand to the new man. If Kabutops hadn't walked in with a blade over his neck, he would be friendly, at least for the most part. "Leon Adalwolf. And who might you be?"

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Kabutops walked into the cave, they had a lot to talk about, and he was tiered. Kabutops sat against the wall, and laid back closing his eyes. He kaid there for some time, nodding off every now and then. Leon's talk woke Kabutops up. He didn't know how long it had been, a few minuets or an hour. Marc walked off, and Leon entered. The squad would question him, questions that would be answered latter when Marc returned. Kabutops walked into the middle of the cave and squatted to hear the plan once again.

Leon stood by him, looking over everyone. Kabutops was awake now, and felt his hunger. He pulled the bag over, and pulled out some roasted Ratacate. He took a bite. It was cold, and was near flavorless now. Kabutops, with some trouble, salted the meat, and continued eating.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Jen stirred in the darkness, her sleepy grip loosening from around Spoink's rotund belly, and she jolted upwards with a gasp as the fat pig fell to the stone ground with a thunk. A shadow blocked out any possible light from the cave entrace, and she blinked heavily, trying to adapt to the darkness. In time, it revealled itself to be partly Leon, standing over them, and partly Kabutops, ripping at what appeared to be the flesh of a Raticate.

"Lieutenant? Is... is everything okay?" she asked, her voice thick with drowze and her eyes still prickling from the effort of waking up. Spoink also tilted his head in puzzlement - or at least, that's what Jen assumed, for Spoink's entire body had leant to one side.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
    Talulah woke with a start at Jen's words, finding Leon standing over them. Lise woke too, shifting for a moment before rolling off her chest.

"What's the problem?" she muttered, pushing herself upwards. She noticed Kabutops eating some kind of meat over in the corner, but brushed it off to look back at her Lieutenant.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014

Leon watched as his troops awoke. "Good evening. Come, the sun is setting, and we must start phase two of the plan. Kabutops, I assume that you have done your part so far?" Kabutops nodded to this and remembered last night, and all the fighting. "And the battlefront?" Kabutops shook his head sadly, and then continued eating. "Well, looks like our friends didn't survive the distraction. There must be more troops out there, so I want all of you to be on guard. "

"Alright, when we get into town me and Kabutops will cause a diversion, and draw anyone over too us. Jen, Talulah, I want you to break into shops, and steal supplies, and clothing. Blade, you must protect them at all costs. If something goes wrong, have your Ralts contact me, and we will rush over to help you." Leon looked at his almost half asleep team. "Any questions?"

Kabutops leaned back, done with his diner. He had heard the plan over and over, but it was still a good reminder before the raid. Kabutops closed his eyes, and started breathing deeply, resting while everyone else got up. Yet again, this was going to be a long night, and Kabutops still hadn't had any sleep for over 48 hours.

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
    "Alright, when we get into town me and Kabutops will cause a diversion, and draw anyone over too us. Jen, Talulah, I want you to break into shops, and steal supplies, and clothing. Blade, you must protect them at all costs. If something goes wrong, have your Ralts contact me, and we will rush over to help you." Leon looked at the team. "Any questions?"
    Could you repeat that? Blade thought drowsily.
    "No sir."
    Lametto, could you fill me in?
    [Leon and Kabutops are distracting the Arleons, Jen and Talulah are gonna steal supplies, and we are protecting Jen and Talulah. If something goes wrong, I'm supposed to contact Leon.] Lametto replied.
    Thanks.
    "Wait one question, will we be stopping anywhere before we begin this raid? I need a place to drop my armor. I can't fight with it on my back."

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014

"No Sir." Blade appeared to be awake, and better yet, had heard the plan without question. "Wait one question; will we be stopping anywhere before we begin this raid? I need a place to drop my armor. I can't fight with it on my back." Well, maybe not.

"We will return after the raid. Leave your armor here, or wear it. Whatever helps you finish the mission. I want you to stay out of sight, and only come out if something goes wrong. If something goes wrong after you intervene, call me immediately." Kabutops opened his eyes. He didn't want to have to come save Blade, or anyone for that matter. They should be able to handle themselves, and if they get into too much trouble, him and Leon would get dragged into it.

Kon~

Years
    "To the village it is, then?" Jen tried to enthuse, but was too drowsy for it. Spoink punched her ankle - hard - and she jolted upright, now most definitely awake.

Have you thought of anything we can do to make this quick? She thought, directing it at Spoink. He quivered, rubbing the freshly-healed skin of his forehead as he thought.

[If I could pick something up, I can hurl it at shop fronts to destroy them,] he said, grinning at the thought. Jen cuffed him about the head.

We're trying for stealth here, not chaos. Let Kabutops make the ruckuss, and we just sneak in, okay? Can you do something like... hypnosis or anything? Jen thought, wondering if Spoink would be up for incapacitating the shopkeepers while she and Talulah took what was needed. Spoink considered it for a moment, frowning his little piggy frown and pacing upon his spring.

[I can think of no way in which to do that unless through unconventional tactics that may not even work. The only thing I know to do that can induce sleep is Rest, and that only applies to myself. Hypnosis is not a power I can use. If... if I were to project the power of Rest through the air, it could be directed at others, but I myself would also be affected, so from then on I would have to rely on you to do the rest. Does that sound acceptable to you?] Spoink wheeled around from his pacing and pointed to Jen with his stubby arm. She hastily nodded, first at Spoink, and then at Leon, despite the fact that there was nothing Leon was waiting for an answer to.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014

Leon looked at Jen who seemed to be deep in thought. She was thinking about something, but Leon's thoughts were broken when she nodded at him. Kabutops shifted, and now stood. He jumped side to side, acting like a Hitmonchamp before a fight. He now stood still obviously excited. Leon looked at him. They would be fighting again, and Kabutops couldn't wait. Leon was now uneasy. If Kabutops wanted to fight, he may not think that the last battle was over. Since Kabutops was weakened, even if Kabutops tried to kill him again, he should be able to fend him off.

Leon turned and started to walk out of the cave. It was late in the night, about 10 p.m. "Any other questions can be answered on the way. Lets move." Leon walked off, half jogging, half pacing himself. He crossed the field with quite some speed, then slowed down. He paused at the building line.

Kabutops stood in the cave, waiting for everyone to leave. He couldn't wait to battle Leon again in his now weakened state. Kabutops hopped that he would still be able to beat his master, but had still taken a decant beating last battle.

Kon~

Years
    Jen sprinted across the field, the grass more forgiving on her bare feet than the rough stone and dirt of before. She was light and swift, and managed to keep pace just a little behind Leon, but didn't push any further for fear of imposing. Spoink hopped alongside her, his spring occasionally catching in the weeds, but still managing to keep at it, pushing himself far more than he should, what with the states he had previously been in. Jen stopped as Leon did, watching over the town. She wondered which part they would be entering, where the shops were and how much they would be opposed. Her fingers twitched on the handles of her kukri, still firmly tucked within her belt, and she dropped to one knee, as though ready to pounce upwards when the time came for them to move. Spoink hunched beside her, clenching one stubby fist in apprehension.

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
    "We will return after the raid. Leave your armor here, or wear it. Whatever helps you finish the mission. I want you to stay out of sight, and only come out if something goes wrong. If something goes wrong after you intervene, call me immediately." Leon said to answer Blade's question.

Blade nodded.
    Alrighty then... Blade thought, looking for a good place to hide his armor.
    Blade looked around for about 45 seconds, then found a small hole in the wall in the back of the cave and stashed his armor there.

"Any other questions can be answered on the way. Lets move." Leon said to the team as he left the cave.
    Ready Lametto?
    Lametto nodded
    Okay, let's go
    Blade left the cave, following Jen and Leon.

Blade ran through the field, keeping pace with the team. Soon, they reached the outskirts of the town. Blade crouched down, drew his sword, and held it at the ready. Lametto got there a little bit after Blade, worn out.
    Are you ready Lametto?
    [Yeah... Just a little tired. All those weeds didn't make running any easier for me...] Lametto said.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
    Talulah followed the others out of the cave, with Lise grumbling and wiping the sleep from his eyes. She yawned herself, bored with the turn of events, but happy to have something to do.

"Well Lise, looks like we finally have a mission," she mumbled, feeling the grass hit her shoes. It shuffled beneath her quietly, and she shifted her hand to her hilt to rest it on her sword. Lise stood up straighter, happy to be moving and be healed. The Rest had done its work rather magnificently.

The town came into view. Talulah could see Blade and Jen falling in place around her. She leaned down to Lise's height, not wanting to be seen if anyone were looking. They had been assigned to raid the stores-- shouldn't be too hard. She'd done this dozens of times in her time on the battlefront.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014

Kabutops left the cave with the last person. It had grown so dark he could only see their outline. The town came into view, and he saw everyone waiting beside a building, crouched down. Kabutops ran into the town, screaming as load as he could. It sounded like the Grim reaper himself was coming into the town.

Leon smiled, and held back a laugh as Kabutops charged into town blaring out. He looked behind him at his troops. "Good luck, and don't get hurt." Leon sprinted after Kabutops, giving off his own war cry. It wasn't as terrifying, but sounded human. Leon wanted the town to know that someone was stupid enough to go after the beast. The center of the town came into view, Kabutops brooding there. Leon stopped at the edge of the town circle, and fired a bolt passed Kabutops, purposefully missing. If the Ralts called, they would need to be in peak performance.

Kabutops watched as Leon ran into the battle field. 'And so it begins.' A bolt flew past his head. Kabutops let out a more pokemon roar this time, and charged at Leon. Even in his weakened state he still believed himself to be stronger. There was no rain tonight to help give Kabutops an edge, but it would probably help the team better overall.

Leon watched as his pokemon charged him. He wondered who was more messed up inside. Him or his pokemon. They would both lash out in rage, but Leon didn't know what was going through Kabutop's mind though. Maybe he was just putting on a show, and was actually completely fine inside. Leon couldn't claim that. He knew that he lost control of himself multiple times. Kabutops had given him a lot of help to control his rage, and it was starting to work. The soul bond probably helped more than his lessons. Leon focused back to see that Kabutops was on top of him.

Kabutops got within a foot of Leon, and swung to broad side his foe with his blade. Leon flew two feet in the air, before skidding to a halt five feet away. This might be easier than he thought.

Leon landed with a thud, and rolled onto his back. He rolled once more onto his knees now. Kabutops' eyes glowed purple. This could be very bad. The ground shook, and started to break. The pieces floated up into the air, then flew towards Leon. Leon jumped to the side, getting hit be some stone fragments from the impact. That was new.

Kabutops' eyes readjusted. He had just tapped into powers that the elders had only mentioned in stories. Leon was nowhere to be found. Another bolt flew at him, this time hitting his stomach. Kabutops turned from the rubble, and looked at Leon standing a mere foot away. He was covered in dust, but wasn't slowing down. Kabutops charged at him once again.

the blazing cellist

SSSSSSSSssssss . . .
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2011
    Hows this for a post, i thought i did pretty good on this one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completely furious with Leck's reaction, the queen sent out an elite task force to crush the insurgence, fortunately he had found help in a farm in the neighboring country, and had quickly healed. Still simmering with hate for his own queen and nation he set out to destroy what he could of the wicked royalty that ruled that nation. He decided it would be more moral, and effective to strike the Arleon's where it hurt, in the treasury. For months, he waited, refitting and upgrading both his and his Rhydon's armor and weaponry, and outfitting Rhydon for a raid.
    Leck however was not completely reckless, and carefully planned his raid, he went back to the valley deep in the mountains where he met Rhydon, and used his partner to attract, and recruit 4 other Rhydon's. This was no easy task, as Rhydon was the alpha male of the group before he was soul bound. Now a new male had taken his position, and Rhydon had to fight for his position, once he had succeeded, he enlisted the four strongest Rhydons, and prepared them for battle.
    Late October, Midday, with the sun high in the air, and chill breeze sweeping dry leaves across the city. People seldom walk, and when they do, they wear thick coats with hoods held tight for cover from the chilling breeze. No one heard anything, no one, not until the rumbling began, and no one knew what it was, and nobody suspected the tragic breach of security that would destroy the infrastructure of Arleon culture. In a matter of minutes, the underground section of the Arleon treasury was breached, the guards killed, and a large portion of the Arleon economy. Leck was quick to make his escape, but the task force that had been sent after him was waiting at the entrance of the tunnel that the Rhydons had made. There were five of them in all, each wearing a new prototype armor, light weight, but stronger than steel. Two of the soldiers had Beedrills, poison literally dripping from their stingers, two more had a bibarrel and golbat, but the captain, the captain had a pokemon that had yet to be seen, an Absol, little is known about Absol, and the fact that the captain had bound with it scared many opponents into submission before a fight. This worked to Leck's advantage. Immediately the two Beedrills charged, but were beat down, and one crushed against the stone wall. The golbat screeched, stunning the Rhydon group while the bibarrel rolled down, knocking down two of the Rhydon, Leck pulled over earmuffs to dampen the noise, and notched an arrow. He loosed a cruel broad tipped arrow that flew into the golbat, tearing through its side, and incapacitating it. The captain seeing the battle quickly turn, he sent into battle his Absol. The bibarrel that rolled down had gotten up to began fighting when a Rhydon smashed the back of its head with its stony fist, killing it instantly, the Absol charged, using its psychic powers to incapacitate a Rhydon. The two soldiers with the Beedrills had fled seeing their partners kill so quickly, but the other two had charge in after golbat was killed with a second arrow to the chest. Leck expertly fought the two soldiers, impaling one through abdomen, and shredding the other soldier's helmet. It was then Leck noticed the Absol, and he charged it, striking its back with a crushing blow. The captain had been watching the whole time, dumbfounded by how quickly the battle had begun, and how quickly it was coming to an end. He fled. He ran into the forest leaving his dying partner behind. He killed so after his defeat when Leck hunted him down and shot him with an arrow. After the battle, two of the Rhydons suffered minor bruises and Leck took a few slashes, but other than that the group had made it through intact. Leck and his group made their way to witherain territory, and into the capital. They approached the capital building and went straight to the king, who had not been expecting any guests. Leck grabbed a bag from his Rhydon, and threw it on the ground before the king. Gold coins and gems spilled onto the floor as Leck kneeled before the king, and asking to join the witherain faction.

Kon~

Years
    Jen watched Leon course forwards with Kabutops and counted to ten in her head before glancing back at Talulah. Would the other girl be willing for them to work together, after everything that had happened? It would be better to find out later, she decided, and lashed out sideways, body rolling to the east of where Leon had headed before sprinting her own route down to the town, aiming for the centre. Towns back where she had lived always had their shops and covered markets in the centre, to make it more accessible for everyone, but she didn't know if Arleon towns would be the same as back in Wither. She darted down a back alley, Spoink in tow, and stopped briefly to watch, and see if Leon's distraction was working.

[How are they doing?] Spoink asked, sounding strangely concerned. Jen peered between two houses, taking in the mock-battle.

Leon's misfiring on purpose, so as not to hurt Kabutops, but... I don't know if Kabutops is being serious or not. He's so hard to read... Jen thought, watching as the huge Pokémon swing a blade at Leon, which the lieutenant leapt to avoid but still took, being sent into the sky and landing heavily.

[I can sense something... something is coming, something huge,] Spoink gasped enigmatically, as Kabutops began to take more action. Jen watched in awe as the huge Pokémon's eyes changed colour, and the ground began to shake.

"What is this?!" Jen moaned, forgetting in her fear to stay quiet. She stepped back from the gap she had watched through, knowing that the quake would be enough to draw a crowd and clear her path for her job, but still kept an eye out as chunks of earth rose towards Leon.

[This is Ancientpower! This is power I didn't know was still possible!] Spoink called. He beckoned with his stubby arm. [We should leave now. If the villagers realised what that power was... We have to go, NOW!]

Jen nodded, dazed, and began to jog down the alleyway, pacing herself in case she needed to make another getaway. She could hear the battle continuing, so Leon must have survived that attack, but power like that... it was incredible. She shook her head, trying to picture her location within the city. She guessed she was near the middle now, so peeked between more houses and drew back just as quickly, seeing people course from within their homes and into the street, glancing curiously at the battle but not daring to get any closer. She listen to their hushed whispers.

"Is that a wild Pokémon?" a small girl's voice asked, and was answered by an older woman.

"It must have come down from the mountains. I've never seen one like it! And who is that man?"

"He looks like a soldier... is he with the Arleon guards?"

"That doesn't look like a guards armour... perhaps he is a higher-ranked soldier? That beast looks deadly, so they'd need skill to defeat it."

Jen blinked purposefully at Spoink, and beckoned him further down. As she had guessed, the villagers had formed a wall, all of them craning to look, but none daring step forwards, to create a block of people that, once she had passed them, Jen could avoid completely. She continued for about twenty feet and then risked another glance. No man was visible, so she sidled out and made for an empty doorway, glancing in. It appeared as a home would, so she tried another, and another, always wary of being caught. Spoink checked further up the street.

[Here, Jen -- There's a shop here.] he called, and she tip-toed to where he was. Indeed, the doorway he was at was one to a general store, and the items she had been sent for were dotted about the floor. The shopkeeper was nowhere in sight, but that didn't mean she could let her guard down. She vaguely wondered if Talulah had found a shop elsewhere, but shook the thought; she had to focus on her objective, and not on the fates of the rest of her team, despite how much she wished she knew what was going on. She found a rough cloth sack, and began loading supplies into it, still on edge, wondering if she would get caught at any second.

Back