• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    I'm yet to talk to a jerk from Canada. That's all I have to say about it :P. Never been further then New Zealand myself...I'm Aussie so that's close. Although I wouldn't mind going there :>

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    The best things in Canada, eh? XD

When comparing it to the U.S., I always name three things: free health care, the metric system, & lower crime rates.

And Onvoloper, I've met my fair share of Canadian jerks, XD. I think Canada is seen more peaceful because of how we came to become independent from Britain. While the Americans started a revolutionary war which lost an entire ship full of tea among other things, the Canadians just signed a piece of paper. Though it was nearly 100 years later. ^^

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Oh, I find in general that Canadians are more polite than Americans. D: I mean, even something as simple as opening doors for people--when I'm around Canada, almost everyone will hold the door open until you get to it (or at least hold it open long enough so that by the time you get to it, it won't have closed on you). In the US, I rarely get people holding the door open for me. :[ Same with when you bump into people--in Canada both parties tend to go "excuse me!" and I'm usually the only one who says it if I happen to walk into someone (or vice versa! D:<) in the US. @_@; It's not everyone there, obviously, but it happens with a lot of strangers in the US. :( There are still plenty of Canadian jerks though. XD

My favourite thing about Canada HAS to be free healthcare. I'd be so broke without it. <_<;;

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    XD I know what you mean with the door openings. I was with my dad in a Michigan truck stop some time ago, and I remember some guy holding the door open for us. I was a little surprised to see it in America....but then I noticed the license plate on the guy's truck. Ontario! XDDD

I have a thing with remembering too much...this happened in, like, the 90's. *sweatdrop*

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    LOL that... actually really amuses me. XD;

I remember lots of stupid things that are useless too. But damn if I remember things that'll help me in my studies. 8|

Years
    I remember lots of stupid things that are useless too. But damn if I remember things that'll help me in my studies. 8|

I know how that goes!

It was either yesterday or the day before... but we have a female ginkgo tree in front of the dorm. I was walking with someone, and they commented on the smelly berries. So I babbled off the random things I remember about it from Botany class freshman year of high school.

And then I'll forget things like homework. Like this week, I forgot to e-mail an essay topic to my teacher. >_>;;

*sigh*

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I know how that goes!

It was either yesterday or the day before... but we have a female ginkgo tree in front of the dorm. I was walking with someone, and they commented on the smelly berries. So I babbled off the random things I remember about it from Botany class freshman year of high school.

And then I'll forget things like homework. Like this week, I forgot to e-mail an essay topic to my teacher. >_>;;

*sigh*

:P On that note, I tend to write things I HAVE to remember on my hand. Although sometimes that backfires; I'll look at it later and say, "Why the heck did I write 'tropical civilizations' on my hand!?"

Years
    :P On that note, I tend to write things I HAVE to remember on my hand. Although sometimes that backfires; I'll look at it later and say, "Why the heck did I write 'tropical civilizations' on my hand!?"

I do that sometimes, too. If it's important, I tend to remember without help, but if I'm really paranoid about it... it'll go on the hand. I won't forget it then. XD;

If I can make a list on paper, though, I'll do that. I also use sticky notes and my whiteboard outside for remembering things...

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I never have to write myself note...I guess I can just remember those kinds of things without having to write it down anywhere. I usually just leave out whatever books I need for tomorrows classes and that helps me remember what I need =P

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I tend to not write much stuff down. I just try to commit it to memory. And if it's important enough, it just stays there.

...but then again, I have a lot of useless information up there in my noggin'. World capitals, math equations, conversations I've had when I was a little kid(XD yes), peoples' names, and of course Pokemon strategies and movesets. XD

I never really thought why writing something on your hand was a good idea. I'd rather write in on my head. Not literally, though. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    My lecturers still put their lectures online but I still take the time to print them off, attend lectures and write notes. I just find it to be a much more effective learning experience.

Speaking of which, I should be studying, but I'm still tired from last night, haha.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I don't like studying much either, but we all have to do it, especially since some of my college exams are coming up :o

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I hardly study as well ]: I remember mots of the stuff that's on tests, and what I don't remember I can usually figure out via process of elimination. It's probably a really bad habit, but yeah XD I hardly study.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I don't like to study. In high school I didn't have to and I would still pass. In college though... haha. I learned my lesson fast XD

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    I don't think I've ever studied for a test. It's strange, 'cause I barely ever pay attention in class, either. o.o;; As long as I get in one, solid week of hard work, I'll pass the course. It's really weird, but I'm not complaining!

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Me, I'm lucky, so I always get good grades, even tho I'm not paying attention in class, I can still hear the teacher and remember what he said, so when he stops me from talking to my friends, and ask me "can you repeat what I just said" I almost always can:D

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
    Years
    I'm one of the people who has to spend about 5 minutes studying for a test. As long as I do that, all the information comes back to me, but I don't retain much in the actual lectures.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back