• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PunkerThanThou

way too punx for giraffes.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    Only the Hebrew, since I'd come across it in passing the other day. I'd forgotten the exact meaning in Japanese, though. I love browsing through the names list because I am a word geek. x3;;

Oh! Yeah, I tend to be a linguistic freak too...I really want to learn Japanese and Chinese...maybe Greek too.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I love languages. 8D; I know English and French, and a... fair amount of Japanese. I really want to learn Chinese (Mandarin first), Spanish, German, Korean, and I kind of want to learn Latin just because I find it interesting. XD;

PunkerThanThou

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    I love languages. 8D; I know English and French, and a... fair amount of Japanese. I really want to learn Chinese (Mandarin first), Spanish, German, Korean, and I kind of want to learn Latin just because I find it interesting. XD;

Latin! That's a great language too, even though it's dead. xD You should consider Arabic or Hebrew, I find Oriental languages so intriguing...:P I took French for a few years...but now I take Psychology.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    Languages are awesome. <3 I'm in Spanish right now and self-teaching German in my little free time (just started; I'm horrible. XD) I wish I could take Chinese, but I haven't got the time for it. >_o;

I've read of this one guy who speaks over 10-15 languages, and has working knowledge of several more. And another guy who speaks almost as many fluently, but only considers himself fluent if he can give a detailed medical lecture with extensive questioning afterwards in that language. ._.

It makes me feel dumb. D:

PunkerThanThou

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    I think the Pope needs to know many, MANY languages...at least ten, so I've heard. I met this Italian girl who knew 6 languages. And she was ITALIAN. I LOVE Italy. To be honest, I love Europe in general...it's so different. :P

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years

I know some spanish but not a whole lot. After all, I do live in Arizona so there's alot of people here who are mexican.

PunkerThanThou

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    Yeah, speaking of which Kim, what's it LIKE in AZ? I really want to go there to star gaze, and I've heard there are some really...interesting Mormons there xDDD I also want to photograph mesas. Do you live near that part of Arizona or are you closer to the city?

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    Yeah, speaking of which Kim, what's it LIKE in AZ? I really want to go there to star gaze, and I've heard there are some really...interesting Mormons there xDDD I also want to photograph mesas. Do you live near that part of Arizona or are you closer to the city?

Um...I live in a place called Mesa, which is a city, I guess. XD I dont have really that much to say about except its hot during the summer time...like...scorching hot. D:

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Soda Water? ALL and i hence the word ALL, SODA WATERS ARE TASTE DREADFUL!
    EDIT: i was on the wrong page :(

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The only language I'm really fluent in is English. I only know bits and pieces of Japanese, Spanish, and Tagalog. I'm interested in learning Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, and Korean. Needless to say, I'm jealous of polyglots.

Karol Józef Wojtyła's fluency in at least eleven languages (Polish, Italian, French, German, Dutch, English, Spanish, Croatian, Portuguese, Russian and Latin among them) might have been unique for a Pope. By comparison, his successor, Joseph Ratzinger, can only fluently speak six of those languages.

Last edited:

PunkerThanThou

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    Um...I live in a place called Mesa, which is a city, I guess. XD I dont have really that much to say about except its hot during the summer time...like...scorching hot. D:

...OMG. That's the coolest name, EVURRRR. Lmaooo I'm obsessed with strange places. You guys don't get tornadoes, do you?

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Where do you live?, here in Australia we rarely get tornadoes, if any we get them up north near Townsville :P

PunkerThanThou

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    I live in Boston...we actually had a tornado watch last April and I went INSANEEEEE. :P The skies were dark as hell...

PunkerThanThou

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    You're not living in the parts of California that get tornadoes. They're rare, but this state does get them.

Actually, I think they're was a rare one...at Long Beach in 1994. Now yall got my curious, damnit! xD I'ma poke around YT and see what videos I can find of tornadoes in CA...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back