• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I played WoW for an hour. That's got to be one of the most boring games I've ever played. :/ I guess I'm just into fast-paced games, not slow running-like-an-idiot ones.

Years
    I played for a little bit, and watched my friend. I never played again, it's too boring starting out at first. I liked Guild Wars though, was addicted to that game. XD;

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I actually want to get around to playing Guild Wars. Lately, none of the MMOs I play can keep me interested for more than two days.

Years
    Wow, i'm posting here =O
    WoW is not the kind of game i would like to play, i don't like anything that involves Trolls and role-playing in some weird Mythical world. I've played it, and as Klippy said, it is very boring.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I HAD a WoW account, but my computer couldn't keep up with it and I decided it was just worthless to have around. I never played it that much either.

I liked battle.net on Warcraft 3 a LOT better than WoW. The custom games were awesome!!

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Ive never played WoW nor do I ever intend to >.>
    I here that it can get addictive so I dont wanna take that chance...plus it just looked kinda...dumb xD

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Concerning the Warcraft franchise, just leave me to the regular RTS. No MMORPGs for me, thank you very much.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Pardon my stupidity again but, what's an example of a "real-time strategy" game?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I heard a story about a little girl in South Korea who died due to neglect because her parents were playing WoW too much.

That's just really scary, and if it's that addictive, I'd rather not play it. D:

I've never really heard of RTS games, but I'm not totally fond of MMORPGs. I've tried playing a few, but... they just didn't interest me much. :/

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Scarlet Lynn said:
    I heard a story about a little girl in South Korea who died due to neglect because her parents were playing WoW too much.
    This may sound mean, but I actually laughed a little while reading that. WoW kills, the entire world must know!

I think RTS games are to hard and require too much thinking for my blood. Click & Kill is how I like my MMOs (unless it's a FPS).

Years
    I used to be totally addicted to City of Heroes xD

Me too ^.^ I even bought Villains but i never liked villains much. PVP on it was fun too.
    My name on here came from my second 50, was fire/kin and i made it before Fire/Kin became so popular that and my name is Juli so was kind of.. um.. lame really.

Also.. has anyone played Mabinogi?

oh oh and HEY EVERYONE! *waves*

Juli
    xXx

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years

That's just really scary, and if it's that addictive, I'd rather not play it. D:

I've never really heard of RTS games, but I'm not totally fond of MMORPGs. I've tried playing a few, but... they just didn't interest me much. :/

Oh wow D: That's actually really sad. I've heard of people in China and Japan who spend all week at an internet cafe, and end up dying from lack of food and water x.x

The only MMORPG that I've really gotten into was Guild War's, which was pretty fun for the first ten hours, but got old after that :x

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I can't imagine how anyone could be so addicted to anything that they'd neglect their own children or even themselves. :x I mean, it happens, but... how?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    It's more of an issue in South Korea, where gaming is like a career.

If I recall correctly though, China has a curfew on either online games or the internet itself, one or the other, though I could be wrong.

Easy Scarlett, they just ignore all outside stimuli and become absorbed in the game. I know I can just sit and stare for hours at a time not doing anything, it's not that hard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back