• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Yeah, I haven't been playing too many Wii games either, haha. I still have my old Gamecube lying around but I use my Wii for all my Gamecubing purposes. There haven't been too many Wii games that I'll actually play for a long time. Generally, I've gotten bored with them after playing through once sometimes not even that :/

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Rune Factory Frontier is a pretty good game. I haven't gotten far on it though because it's my sister game and I just recently made my own file. tbh though, I got the Wii for the ToS2 game. Even if it was a big flop for the most part, the game was Tales of Symphonia related regardless.

Years
    Well, it is 5.22am for me and I am still in University. How cool am I? Haha.

I am writing up my dissertation which is due in on the 7th. I didn't really need to stay in all night, but it will put my mind at ease once I get over 10,000 words. I will feel better about it then since I will have over a week to type up another 5,000 words and polish it, as well as getting it bound.​

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    i wouldn't have netflix if it weren't for the free trial of it i'm on. one month for free :)

Unlimited streaming on Netflix is sufficient for me. Because not only I can access it from my Wii, I can access it through my phone and computer. I can watch Fullmetal Alchemist and Fruits Basket while I ride the bus! Pretty cool, huh?

Arlen

I heart ROBOT
    Years
    Well, it is 5.22am for me and I am still in University. How cool am I? Haha.

I am writing up my dissertation which is due in on the 7th. I didn't really need to stay in all night, but it will put my mind at ease once I get over 10,000 words. I will feel better about it then since I will have over a week to type up another 5,000 words and polish it, as well as getting it bound.​

what's a dissertation and what are you studying?

Years
    what's a dissertation and what are you studying?

A dissertation is a large report that students in higher education complete, normally, in their final year of the course. It counts HUGELY towards your final grade, so it better be good! XD
    I am studying Games Technology and my dissertation is a Comparative Study into Terrain Generation in games. It was a subject I chose off my own back due to an interest in it. I also have to program 3 different prototypes in which terrain is generated using different methods.​

Arlen

I heart ROBOT
    Years
    A dissertation is a large report that students in higher education complete, normally, in their final year of the course. It counts HUGELY towards your final grade, so it better be good! XD
    I am studying Games Technology and my dissertation is a Comparative Study into Terrain Generation in games. It was a subject I chose off my own back due to an interest in it. I also have to program 3 different prototypes in which terrain is generated using different methods.​

sounds fun, to an extent...
    im guessing you did some very hard maths if you got into this course :P

Years
    sounds fun, to an extent...
    im guessing you did some very hard maths if you got into this course :P

Haha, yes.
    An element of mathematical understanding is needed. With my prototype programs, it really is!
    I shall not bore you with the details, because it makes my head hurt at times, as well as my tutors! XD​

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years

I had my eyes set on Games Development in Uni once I graduated from High School but now I'm tossing want I want to do. Though the way you put it Games Technology sounds hard probably because you mentioned maths too XD

Arlen

I heart ROBOT
    Years
    i have no clue what i'm going to do, i was thinking journalism because i love both photography and literature, but i'm not too sure and might just go for photography.

Years

I had my eyes set on Games Development in Uni once I graduated from High School but now I'm tossing want I want to do. Though the way you put it Games Technology sounds hard probably because you mentioned maths too XD

It isn't easy. Let me tell you that. Never think any course like this is going to be easy or a walk in the park. A lot of people through that in my first year of the course and nearly all of them who had that train of through failed or dropped out.​

i have no clue what i'm going to do, i was thinking journalism because i love both photography and literature, but i'm not too sure and might just go for photography.

Ahhh, a photography lover. Well you should head over to Graphics & Photography on this forum then; would love to see some of your work.
    I have my own gallery here:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=187864

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    It isn't easy. Let me tell you that. Never think any course like this is going to be easy or a walk in the park. A lot of people through that in my first year of the course and nearly all of them who had that train of through failed or dropped out.​
    /font][/indent]

I doubt any course will be a walk in the park. I still have my eye out for Games Development but I also want to do Film or maybe just take full Multimedia. TBH I really wanted to do Audio Engineering but I might do a post-grad

I would love to do photography but I'd rather have it as a fun side/hobby

Years

I doubt any course will be a walk in the park. I still have my eye out for Games Development but I also want to do Film or maybe just take full Multimedia. TBH I really wanted to do Audio Engineering but I might do a post-grad

Don't get me wrong, it is fun, but it is just a lot of work. In my University, it is one of the highest course in regards to work that needs to be produced! ><;

Just go with what you love or really would enjoy! Best advice I can give you.​

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    I thought about being a game writer but I figured I wanted to read interesting books more than I wanted to write awesome video games, so I got into English literature. My girlfriend wants to be a video game designer, so either way I'll get free video games :).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back