• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the daily chit-chat (jan2019 - jun2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    yeah I've just been chatting on discord, and reading My Hero Academia :'D I've just ordered some food delivery. Before the day is over, I will have to do some cleaning

Years
    oh good to know florida started acting like itself finally

it was still dry and not raining before i left :c

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ooooh yes yes tyler has v good taste

angie hurry up and find time. tho that's why i read the manga first bc and then it was good enough for me to watch the anime after.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    YEAH i did that for a time, so recently i've mentally kicked myself into bed earlier at night.

cause i'm always tempted to stay up also

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
    Have any of you guys ever tried to learn a language? How do you keep your motivation up even if you really like the language?

Years
    Have any of you guys ever tried to learn a language? How do you keep your motivation up even if you really like the language?

I've unsuccessfully tried a few times. I think what would help me would either be someone else trying to learn the language with me (to keep me accountable/practice with) or an actual physical class.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    when i was learning french, i was in school so not failing was my motivation. do it like ur life and gpa depend on it

Years
    I was pretty decent at Japanese when I took classes on it in high school.

... That was, up until we had to learn about Kanji and then I noped out of that class. .-.

Years
    Living in the country that speaks it is always a good start, also a personal language tutor (a good one) is dramatically helpful too. Constant usage is also really necessary. A language is the textbook example of use it or lose it. Again, finding a good personal tutor keeps motivation up because you'll be excited to want to talk to them in their language if you become friendly with them.

Years
    I would love to be bilingual one of these days

it would really help out a lot especially when it comes to applying for jobs where I am

Years
    I love the reactions I get when I tell people about my ethnicity and they're like "you don't speak spanish??"

I'm uh... sorry I was never taught Spanish at a young age? idk the way I was raised was different from how most other people were /shrug

it's just embarrassing to keep explaining it.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    I used to be bilingual then I stopped using my French for almost 3 years and basically lost it. Feels so bad. I wonder if I took up studying again, it would come back to me quickly?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back