• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    The EXIT signs of my apartment building hang low enough for me to clang my forehead off of if I'm not careful. First time I clanged, a neighbor was entering her unit with groceries. She dropped her milk splitting the jug.
    (on my last growth spurt)

Floors & walls are more a worry for me than ceilings.

3.00am: "Uh oh. The neighbors are squeaking. Again."

IcePyro

I'll just not say anything
    Years
    My stairs are cut too short. One time, my friend and I were running around the house, and we turned the corner and WHAM!!! We broke through the barricade that was supposed to protect us from falling down another two floors. We fell, but my dad had convieniently renovated and had moved the extremely large couch below the banister. We fell...I landed on the couch, but my friend left with a broken arm (he landed on our coffee table OUCH!!!)

Years
    My stairs are cut too short. One time, my friend and I were running around the house, and we turned the corner and WHAM!!! We broke through the barricade that was supposed to protect us from falling down another two floors. We fell, but my dad had convieniently renovated and had moved the extremely large couch below the banister. We fell...I landed on the couch, but my friend left with a broken arm (he landed on our coffee table OUCH!!!)

Hope that friend returned after that. I've only ever fallen down a coulee pit. Was at summer camp '96. No breaks. But my butt got so wedged into the narrow pit bottom that I had to get dug out.

Always hated summer camp. Mostly due do intimidation by horses.
    I still haven't forgotten the campfire legend of "Goat-man".

IcePyro

Years
    Uggghhhh. Summer camp bites.

I was in a prank contest with my friends, and we were in the woods (my friend who broke his arm was among them, only this was before his arm was broken) and we heard some howling. At first, I thought it was just the camp master's dog, but then I remembered that they had gone back into town to get food (my camp master took his dog EVERYWHERE) and I started getting freaked out.

The next thought that came into my mind was that it was the other team's prank. Our fire went out and I was freaking out at that point. We heard rustling and all kinds of freaky noises. One of our teammates went to go look around for some more firewood.

We were completely cut off from the camp because we were maybe two miles in the woods. Once my friend had disappeared into the darkness, we heard a cry and a lot of leaves rustling.

Another one of my team chose to go look for the first kid. The other four of us waited for an hour, but the kid didn't return. I hit my cell phone to look at the time, and it shown the time 11 o'clock or something.

A while later two people said they had to go use a tree. My teammate and I sat alone near the embers, and I asked him if he wanted to try and get a jump on the other team. He agreed, and I told him our plan. Our plan was to climb up a tree, and wait there until we knew who was pranking us. We doused the embers and scurried up two trees.

We waited for a long time until we heard rustling. When we heard the rustling, I told him to be very quiet. When the stomping of the leaves came nearer to where the fire used to be, I heard somebody shout, "there gone!"

I couldn't believe it, the trick had actually worked. But, just then, everyone on my team gathered around and started conversing. My plan wasn't over yet though. I told my friend to cut the rope that was tied to the branch he was hanging on. We cut our rope, and the net fell on to everybody on the ground. As we climbed to the ground, the other team recognized us.

The only problem was, when I reached the ground, somebody tagged me, so I was out. A random person on the other team was keeping watch and wasn't caught in the trap.

That was a real fun summer camp experience, but all the other ones sucked.

Years
    Uggghhhh. Summer camp bites.

It can. The worst parts for me?

~The bus rides. Those yellow buses have comfy seats.
    ~Bible stuff at church camps for the non-religious camper.
    ~Nighttime flatulence & snoring.
    ~When "top bunk" wets the bed *facepalm goes splashwut*
    ~getting the runs from the food
    ~running out of that allowance you havefor use at the camp shop. no candy is a camp killer.

IcePyro

Years
    Yeah, most of those are true for me. I am an aetheist, so I hate that "let's have a moment to say grace." I also hate when top bunk wets the bed. I was at Outdoor Education last year, and my friend (a different friend) and I were alternating nights on the top bunk because we both loved the top bunk. He wet the bed, and I woke up by hearing a little drip on the floor (i'm a ninja. I can wake up like that), I realized that the mattress above me was soaked through and I smelled urine (yuck. gross), so I got up and went outside. I can't believe that I grabbed my pillow and slept outside, in 30 degree weather, in my underwear, when it was raining. Blech, worst experience ever.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I tried a week at a concentration summer camp once. The counselors were power-mad drill sergeants, the accommodations were filthy, the food was mostly inedible or I was allergic to it, and the other campers were a bunch of miserable twerps, to quote my old physics professor. Don't even mention the night we camped out in the woods. My allergies started acting up so bad I had to be taken back to one of the other buildings to try to sleep, with TRY being the key word there.

After that, I told my parents that the next summer camp I go to must have "Inn", "Hotel" or "Suites" in the name. Needless to say, that was my only year at summer camp.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I went on camp once. It was horrid. The people who ran it were uber-religious, and that was somehow connected to the fact that all the food was vegetarian. So we had vegetarian lasagne, vegetarian pizza and a vegetarian roast, among other things. And each class was supposed to spend one night in a tent at some point during the week and cook their dinner themselves, which I was (kinda) looking forward to. It rained on our turn, though, so we just ended up making dinner on these wussy little gas burners. I opened what I hopefully imagined was a can of some form of mincemeat, but it turned out to be gluten chunks in gravy. EW. Plus noodles, with no flavour whatsoever, and eight portions of peas between four of us. :/ It was ghastly, especially since Stuart overcooked the peas. EEEEEW.

The food wasn't the worst part, though. (Well, yes it was, but shut up.) We did a bunch of stupid activities, and only the archery was fun. My friend Jayden screwed up and lost one of the arrows, so I think his parents had to pay for it. :/

Not to mention the fact that I was horribly sick the whole time, so I ended up vomiting on various occasions and lapsing into unconsciousness several times. They didn't let me go home, either. Apparently I was 'making a big fuss out of nothing' and they 'didn't need to worry my parents with little problems like that.' Y_Y

The mattresses on the beds were about two inches thick, too. Ouch.

In short, it was the worst experience of my life. So when camp came around this year, I was like u_u I ended up staying at school and cooking all week, though, so it was all good in the end. Most of the other camps involved dangerous things like flying, rock climbing, whitewater rafting, blackwater rafting, abseiling, hiking, and actual camping. *shudder*

But now I know how to make pasta. And focaccia, and multiple other bits and pieces. :3

But if you're in New Zealand, do not let anybody send you to Tui Ridge. It is horrible.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I went to camp in 5th Grade as a school trip for three days. I liked it very much.

Except when a wooden beam fell on my head. :| Explanation?

Years
    Had a LOL moment on the bus this morning.
    Small group of friends (university students?) were discussing:

Cheetah Woods

All this Tiger media discussion is pretty awesome.
    Would it be Cheetah Woods PGA Tour '11
    or Cheetah Woods VAG Tour '11?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    We tore out some of our bathroom ceiling to replace it since there was some water leakage from the bathroom above it and we needed to make that stop. 3 years later, it looks like it worked quite well.

It's clearly because everyone else knows that ceiling cat exists.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back