• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I was just thinking about this today. I didn't get a cell phone until my senior year in high school. I remember having to use a home phone for everything before then. I also remember having dialup and sharing a computer with my mom and brother. That sucked. Not only was it slow, but I only had like two hours a night. Then, at my Dad's we also had dialup (we had it up until late 2006). I didn't use the computer here though because my dad checked my entire history and I hated it.

Now with my laptop I'm on whenever I want and usually when I'm home. I can't imagine going back to the way things used to be.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I barely use my phone anymore....Just to call home every week and check in. My laptop is definitely my main form of communication =P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I never used my phone until I got a new one a few weeks ago and... now I use it a lot for twitter and basic web browsing. XD

But yeah, when my laptop crapped out on me last year and I had to go back to sharing one of the computers, it sucked. At least there was more than one by then but augh sharing is so annoying. :'( I feel so bad for the people who still have to.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Yeah, sharing computes sucks :[ I haven't had to do it in a looong time, but I hated it when I did. I could only spend a few minutes per day on it ;;

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Back when we had dial-up and all we had was a laptop from 1999-

No, I don't want to remember that.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I almost never text with my phone XD I just get on instant messengar and IM people from it :> And use twitter. Those are the main two things.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I only use my phone when I need to call my parents when I'm out or in emergencies, and for music. Yay for phone neglect.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I only use my phone for checking the time, even though I have a watch. Strange, I know. =S
    I only occasionally send texts and besides that it's totally useless to me for the majority of the time.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    God, I had a laughter attack reading back this thread XD

I don't have a cell phone. I'm probably the weirdest guy in my country XD;

Ascaris

boogey
    Years
    I use my phone for nearly everything: Going online, chatting, reading a book, music, watching movies, playing games, etcetera. My phone is really the only thing I need wherever I go.

Technology is truly amazing.

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
    Where as i seem to be old fashioned.

Ok I go on my Pc a bit but my Blackberry is never really used nor is my....well anything im more happy using old things they have more "soul"

if you all see what i mean

Years
    The biggest function of my cell phone is to be my alarm clock every morning. <_<

I just don't find much use in it except to take with me whenever I go out just in case someone needs to get in touch with me.

I barely even text unless needed because pfft...too much of a hassle. :[

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    My cell phone is small, but it has the full keyboard, so I'm a text-maniac. XD I think people hate that I respond so quickly though, because they usually take forever to get back to me via text.

That's pretty much what I use my phone for. Calling people is meh.

I hated having to all use the same desktop X_x...<3 laptops.

Years
    Rock n' Roll

Megaman is also known as Rockman.
    xD

Yay for Rockman <3

Eh...I prefer Rockman.EXE <3 for some reason. Starforce is too far in the future, and I never really got into the older robot series. :P

Rock n' Roll...Get it? XD

LOL...DPPt argumentsa Page after the last one. I really should get in there but. ;_; AND I WANT THE REGIGIGAS PROMO!

As for technology. I agree, remember when I said that to you Aura. PC's are sooooo relatively cheap nowadays. I wonder what I should get after HS graduation PC or MAC because, PC's have more software, while Macs are WAAAYYYY more stable. =/

I seriously want an IPhone...but I doubt I'll get one for a while. XD

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    It's funny how the DCC's topic changes to cellphones the day after I decide to get unlimited messaging on my phone. XD
    Last night was the most I have ever texted. My phone doesn't have a keyboard, but that's okay. I'm able to type faster than I thought I could (it's still pretty slow, though). It's certainly better than calling people. I'll probably be using my phone a lot more now.

Sonido

阿散井 恋次
    Years
    I'm getting a new phone upgrade for my contract in a month and I don't know what one to get. I find it really hard to choose Phones but my mind is slightly pushing towards the Samsung Pixon

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I've had two phones over the years, and I rarely use them; the first one broke though.
    I use the second one only during after-school emergencies, but using the bus as an alternative nearly defeats the purpose of that

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Well I have a phone, that I love, it's pink:), I go to msn on it:)

I just had an vorbal exam in English, I got an A+ and my teacher congratulated me on my English skills, she said I had a wide range off an vocabulary, I'm so proud off my self:)

Spoiler:

Now never to speak off this again ^^^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back