• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I used to race people for post counts XD

Now I don't really care. TCTI is one of my favourite threads for example, no post count there.

I tend to look at the post count in relation to the time others have been member though. To see how active they are, in a way.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I do see postcount as a valuable factor in a way. It always feels nice to hit a milestone in my postcount :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    My post count is going to take forever to reach the next large number (13k. XD;)

Seriously, one or two OVP threads per day isn't going to get it anywhere. Posting loads is so 2006 anyway.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    455 posts isn't that much, especially in comparison to your already colossal post count ;p

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh it is. :[

It's taken a long time to get here. Ooh, I remember setting myself the goal to get to 10k by the end of April 2007, maybe I should do that for 13k. :O

... no too lazy, plus posting lots sucks. AND WILL ALWAYS CAUSE SOME PC DRAMA.

Make that most likely cause.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Post count doesn't really matter to me.
    Last time I checked, Erica had 17,299 posts. Wow ._.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I've never been a prollific (sp?) poster on any forum, so my postcount rises so slowly. Don't think i've ever averaged more than a few a day anywhere, and i'd been a member of one forum for over 2 years before I reached 1,000 lol.

I find I burn out and get sick if I post too much too quickly, so I prefer posting in fits and starts.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I've never been a prollific (sp?) poster on any forum, so my postcount rises so slowly. Don't think i've ever averaged more than a few a day anywhere, and i'd been a member of one forum for over 2 years before I reached 1,000 lol.

I find I burn out and get sick if I post too much too quickly, so I prefer posting in fits and starts.

I find that somedays I will post up to 50 times, and other times i wont post for 2-3 days. It's all down to how I'm feeling, general activity, boredom and how interesting/reply worthy threads are.

AND WILL ALWAYS CAUSE SOME PC DRAMA.
    But everyone likes a little drama ;]

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I find that somedays I will post up to 50 times, and other times i wont post for 2-3 days. It's all down to how I'm feeling, general activity, boredom and how interesting/reply worthy threads are.

I don't think i've ever posted more than a dozen or so times a day haha, even when i'm feeling good and the activity/interest levels are high.

I also tend to find on forums I stick pretty rigidly to the one or two sections that interest me most (The Colour Gens/General Pokémon forums on here, for example). That's not to say the other forums aren't interesting but I either feel I don't know enough to be able to contribute anything of any use or I personally have no interest in the subject matter. On PC though it tends to be the former seeing as how i've only played a few of the early games and nothing else.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I don't really keep track of my post count either XD Hell, the only times I even pay attention to other member's post count is when it comes up in a topic like this, haha.

I think the most I've ever posted in one day was around 100 posts? Lmao most of them were probably not that meaningful though, just... DCC posts XD

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I also tend to find on forums I stick pretty rigidly to the one or two sections that interest me most

Same, For the most part of my membership I have seldom wondered from the Pixel Art section, in recent months I've being more active in Other games and Other chat, but not considerably enough to regard them as regular haunts for me.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I started out posting a lot, but then I really slowed down. Now, there are only a few forums I frequently post in. (Other Trivia being the main one.)
    I pay attention to my post count, but it's more out of curiosity than anything. I don't set a certain number of posts as my goal. I just post when I feel I am able to.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I love posting in the New Users/Welcome forum and DCC. <3
    I just don't understand why some people think people with low post counts are noobs?...

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I love posting in the New Users/Welcome forum and DCC. <3
    I just don't understand why some people think people with low post counts are noobs?...

It's a silly stigma that people have. It's down to a stereotype that a low post count means you've not being here very long. It's silly, I'd ignore those people tbh.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    YES YES YES.

Thread replies are important to me for my OVP threads. XD;
    Anything over 45 I'm happy with.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Yeah, we know that, Nica. XD
    You talk about your thread replies all of the time. (I've only made two threads, so even that doesn't matter.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back