• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I just came back from a town where everybody talked my language in a completely weird accent. It was fun because it was so contagious that, after a couple of hours, I had to make an effort to keep my normal accent XD

I think that kind of differences are very interesting from a cultural point of view.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    I myself have an undefinable accent,one probably containing a mix of all accents we have here. :P Most people understand me, though, as I try tp speak as cleary as possible.
    My English teacher has an accent, too. At least he says he has one. I never noticed, and so, I never recognised it either. Oo

XD I've been to Niagara Falls the city, but I have never seen Niagara Falls the falls. :P
    XD Heh, maybe we will visit them together one day.

When I do, I think I'd like to go to either Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Russia, South Korea, or the United Kingdom. Said in alphabetical order because I'd have too much trouble ordering them in any other way. =P
    ....and for a moment I thought Germany was number one on your list. Hmpf. >>

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I just came back from a town where everybody talked my language in a completely weird accent. It was fun because it was so contagious that, after a couple of hours, I had to make an effort to keep my normal accent XD

I think that kind of differences are very interesting from a cultural point of view.

Went, do you speak English as well as you type? Or rather, do you have a heavy Spanish twang to your accent? XD (I probably could have worded that better..)

I don't have an accent..I just talk, haha. Well, I guess all Americans seem to have an accent to anyone not from here. My mom is from Long Island (near NYC) and they all have that NY accent there, so when we moved upstate where I grew up, she says we have "Albanian" accents because we live near Albany, NY. XDD It's a joke, referring to how we pronounce things like orange, Florida, and Syracuse differently.

Aussie accents = epic win. <3 I can't wait to go to Australia.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I don't have an accent..I just talk, haha. Well, I guess all Americans seem to have an accent to anyone not from here. My mom is from Long Island (near NYC) and they all have that NY accent there, so when we moved upstate where I grew up, she says we have "Albanian" accents because we live near Albany, NY. XDD It's a joke, referring to how we pronounce things like orange, Florida, and Syracuse differently.

I feel the same way about not having accents. I know that all Americans do, but I just feel like we talk. I'm up in the Northeast also, and I don't hear any accents from many people unless they're from Boston or New York City. Although there are some things that bother me when people from my area speak. The 'aw' sound with words with o's irritates me for some reason. Especially when I slip up occasionally and use the 'aw' sound. :/

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I feel the same way about not having accents. I know that all Americans do, but I just feel like we talk. I'm up in the Northeast also, and I don't hear any accents from many people unless they're from Boston or New York City. Although there are some things that bother me when people from my area speak. The 'aw' sound with words with o's irritates me for some reason. Especially when I slip up occasionally and use the 'aw' sound. :/

Mhm. For instance the word orange (pronounced Ar-ange) is said like orrrange here. Florida (pronounced Fla-reh-da) is Floooooorida, emphasis on the long o's. XD It gets annoying.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    I never really noticed myself having an accent, up until a few months ago when someone I know described my voice as "a 13 year old Mexican fratboy." It wasn't until after then when I started to notice how I sounded XD

I lived in Boston for almost all of my life, and luckily I didn't pick up on that awful accent they're do famous for having up there x_x

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Americans have, like, little to no accents whatsoever. I wish we kept that English accent. That would have been awesome, lol.

But yeah, I have a New Yorker accent if that counts for anything..

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Americans have, like, little to no accents whatsoever. I wish we kept that English accent. That would have been awesome, lol.

But yeah, I have a New Yorker accent if that counts for anything..

Since I was from the NY area I'm able to pull off a NY accent when I'm around relatives, but being upstate we just sound...average. Haha. Well it's off to the bullseye (Target) for me; I dun't wanna work >_> I wanna play Platinum...

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I feel more open in upstate New York, lol. Everyone talks the same, but here on the west coast there like "Stop saying a-range it's o-range".

So annoying, lol.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Yeah, I don't think I have any Accent, although you can hear a bit of Kentucky in me...unfortunately.
    Unfortunately? Hey, now! There's nothing wrong with sounding like you're from Kentucky. XD

Yes, I do have an accent, but I don't really pay much attention to it. I wouldn't even know how to describe it.

Sapphir

Hat thief
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2009
    I wish I had an accent, I'm bland.

I find it cool when people have an accent. (Or can fake one really well, that takes some skill)

Years
    Americans have, like, little to no accents whatsoever.

Actually, we Americans do have accents, we just don't notice it because we are so used to how each other talks all the time. If you ask any Brit or Australian, I am sure that they will assure you that we Americans do indeed have accents.

Yes, accents are sexy. I think it's the appeal of the exotic.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Americans sure hve Accents. Its different for each state or even region of a state. Like all yorkers( I am a New Yorker and hell I can tell you even I have it after listening to myself as the only one where I am) have a tendency to say New York or any if not all words wit a bit well stereotypical Brooklyn Accent. I cannot say New York Properly without adding the I. I say New Yoik not then New York a lot. And I mean a lot.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    My sig blows minds up thats all I can say XD
    Wow my Mom is watching some movie called gone with the wind. I don't see what she sees in it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back