• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Also you'd have to take into account the reasoning as to why actors are paid so much to begin with.

Like the fact that some many people like ourselves by movie tickets for starters, as well as DVDs and not to mention advertising...

So in a sense we are fueling the fire, and seeing as Hollywood in general has amassed quite a fortune, money isn't as much of a problem for them.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • I believe the statement "everyone can be a doctor" was meant as a general distinguishment from acting and otherwise because you become a doctor in a straightforward and simple way. Apathy and unintelligence are actually curable; people generally make the choice to not add to their brainpower and that's their own fault. People can make themselves care more about money by...idk...
    You guys get the point. xD The general populace of people before college, especially at elementary school level, have potential to be workers in medical service. It's all about the effort you put in. :)

What happen with the chat? Does doctors scare you guys? XD;
    I think that may have been due to a certain androgynous, 25-foot-tall giraffe holding a machine gun. :x

Last edited:

MidnightMoon

Rock On Community!
    Years
  • My mom is going to collage to become a doctor and I think thats awsome because when I get sick she knows what to do. I really hate needles though it stings for a bit but the worst part is taking more than one shot.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    My mom is going to collage to become a doctor and I think thats awsome because when I get sick she knows what to do. I really hate needles though it stings for a bit but the worst part is taking more than one shot.

Or having a rather large nerve to be sedated (or whatever the right word is), that is also pretty painful.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • "Anaesthetized" is the proper term. ;3 The worst needle pricks I've ever had are when I needed livocaine in my arm to get my wrist relocated, and that time I needed an IV in my right elbow for surgery and they kept missing the vein. Dx They eventually had to tie a tourniquet around my bicep and keep flicking the vein in my elbow until it popped up. x; Invisible veins for the lose.
    Speaking of needles, yesterday my dad had to stab himself in the thumb with a needle because it was swollen. xD
    And did you guys know "Needle" is Kiwi's nickname for me? :O

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I feel sorry for those in America who aren't wildly supported by the health board. Health insurance is extremely expensive from what I hear. Even a visit to the doctor costs money where as here, it doesn't.
    Here in Norway it's free. =)
    I like the system, but the result is crappy doctors... =(

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    "Anaesthetized" is the proper term. ;3 The worst needle pricks I've ever had are when I needed livocaine in my arm to get my wrist relocated, and that time I needed an IV in my right elbow for surgery and they kept missing the vein. Dx They eventually had to tie a tourniquet around my bicep and keep flicking the vein in my elbow until it popped up. x; Invisible veins for the lose.
    Speaking of needles, yesterday my dad had to stab himself in the thumb with a needle because it was swollen. xD

You high on caffeine or what? >.>

I've never been to a hospital for something serious...

>__>
    That doesn't work out most of the time..

And Is it because you're a little prick?
    XD jk <3

MidnightMoon

Rock On Community!
    Years
  • "Anaesthetized" is the proper term. ;3 The worst needle pricks I've ever had are when I needed livocaine in my arm to get my wrist relocated, and that time I needed an IV in my right elbow for surgery and they kept missing the vein. Dx They eventually had to tie a tourniquet around my bicep and keep flicking the vein in my elbow until it popped up. x; Invisible veins for the lose.

Man your giving me chills I can't read anymore I can't stand that stuff if you would have took a picture or go into more detail I might have passed out.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Lol, I remember the time when I had to be sent to the hospital because I suddenly lost the ability to walk....I spent 6 moths in a wheelchair, and most of the time I spent playing video games because of boredom...XD

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Ah like those news articles with kids getting shots? (with the picture or video accompanying?)

Can't say I've ever been to the hospital in my own country, but I was in the hospital (for a test) in Indonesia. Nothing serious or over-night wise, and infact it didn't really look like a hospital, it was very court-yardy [sic] though. XD

MidnightMoon

Rock On Community!
    Years
  • I was in a hospital once when I broke my arm playing football. People made fun of me because the reason why I fell was because I tripped over a gofer hole.

Years
  • Gopher.

That reminds me of WINNY THE POOH ♥

Gopher ruled that show. Especially when he fell down his own hole.
    His TNT fetish made me laugh.

Also liked the Rabbit abuse and Pooh stuck in Rabbits door.
    Fat bums have many uses it seems.

Q: Do homeless people fart?
    A: No. They bum burp.

MidnightMoon

Rock On Community!
    Years
  • I don't like winnie the pooh it's boring and they don't even show that anymore on tv instead they replaced it with other pointless stuff that ruins tv.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I loves Winnie the Pooh! xD
    Poohbears attempt at being a diversion:

Pooh: "Is there a fish in that tree?!"

Kanga: "No, Pooh. That's a bird."

Pooh: "Oh yes, but is it a starling or a mackerel?"

Tigger: "It looks kinda wiggly, it could be a Jelly-fish!"

Later....

Tigger: "You see, a jelly-fish is more like this: "Wigllywashublashybluba, I am a Jelly-fish!"

Classic! XD

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

Not everyone is fit to become a doctor. It does take a certain amount of skill and dedication in order to become one, after all; some people have the motivation but not the intelligence, some people have the intelligence but not the motivation, and some people have neither.

Actors and athletes are paid more than doctors on average, and they contribute less to society than doctors do.

But I'm talking about education. Anyone can be a doctor since what is required isn't inherent. High intelligence doesn't matter as long as you have the proper knowledge(which are two very different things) of what you are doing.

That's not true, Luck. >:( Being a doctor takes a lot more skill and dedication than acting.

Not necessarily. Many actors usually have low paying jobs and have to take other jobs if no one needs actors(which can be for a very long time.) The only exceptions are the huge stars like Ray Romano and John Travolta, who really sucked in Battlefield Earth.

Not only that, but it is hard to be a good actor. It isn't necessarily an inherent ability to act, but it does take a lot of effort, usually even if you do have a moderately good trainer.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years

• You high on caffeine or what? >.>

I've never been to a hospital for something serious...

>__>
    That doesn't work out most of the time..

And Is it because you're a little prick?
    XD jk <3
    I'm not a prick. ;___; DON'T LET THE RANDOM WORD GENERATOR FOOL YOU.
    I broke my left wrist (my dominant one Dx) and the doctor had to put livocaine in my arm to physically relocate it. Then I wore a brace. Then my wrist moved back out of place anyway and I had to have surgery to permanently move it back, then I got a splint for it and had pins inserted. I still have the scars and the funny-shaped bone. o:

I was in a hospital once when I broke my arm playing football. People made fun of me because the reason why I fell was because I tripped over a gofer hole.
    I also broke my wrist playing football. x;
    I've had two bone injuries at school and I cried both times. D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back