• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I only like snow for the skiing/snowboarding, as far as I'm concerned! XD

GOooooooooooooooooooo 110F/45C weather!

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    I always seem to pop into this thread, say I'm going to stay for a while, and forget by the time I get my second reply... ahem, anyway.

People who want snow, trust me, it's not that great sometimes. Mostly when everything ices over and you're falling on your face every time you walk out of the house. ..but I suppose that's just me. It's great when you get a snow day though, except I only have snow days on the days when you can't even leave the house, which means no hanging out anywhere. I guess that's the point though...

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Damn Australia and it's no snow.

Though I have woken up to snow before, but unfortunately it wasn't enough to build up. It was pretty though and I took pictures and recorded it with my dad's video camera.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Does that mean you get the day off school? And how serious does it need to be to get the day off school from snow?

I'm guessing all they need is one inch to stop the city. XD >.>

10 feet of snow wouldn't stop me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    We have been getting way too much snow this year. So much so that I'm thinking global warming is a lie and the earth is actually freezing over. We've gotten at least four distinct weather events where there has been accumulation of snow and/or ice in a part of the country where we're usually lucky if we get one such storm. Two thus far have resulted in closure of my college.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    We've nearly run out of snow days where I live, and there's like about 2 inches of snow here, which is enough for tomorrow to be off.

They say it hasn't snowed this much in my area in 20 years.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Wow, it's been a while since I posted here. I used to be a regular here before.

Anyway, it snowed again here last week Thursday, however, it never settled.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    It snowed here yesterday and today we have had a non-stop storm. But it wasn't so bad to get a free day. We only have had one in 7 snowfalls this year D:

I have to stop leaving my umbrella at home.

Years
    We've been getting more snowfall this winter season than we have in recent years, which means at least a temporary return to normalcy. In fact, it's been pretty nice here temperature-wise considering what it has been in recent years and the fact that most of the country is below it's normal average temperatures for this time of year.

We have been getting way too much snow this year. So much so that I'm thinking global warming is a lie and the earth is actually freezing over.

Apparently, a second ice age would be the end result of global warming/climate change, according to something I read online last month. Or was that in the local paper?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Global Warming is an average measure from all the countries all over the year. A snowfall (or several) in a city during a month doesn't mean the Earth won't increase its average temperature in the end of the year. And, if any, weird weather only proves something is screwed up somewhere.

Years
    Global Warming is an average measure from all the countries all over the year. A snowfall (or several) in a city during a month doesn't mean the Earth won't increase its average temperature in the end of the year. And, if any, weird weather only proves something is screwed up somewhere.

My point was that global warming/climate change will apparently melt the caps to the point where the North Atlantic currents will just stop circulating properly because there would be too much new and cold water at the northern end to the point where the water would lose it's temperature difference long before reaching the northern end of the current. This lack of circulation would cause a second ice age, apparently. - The details of this are kinda fuzzy because I only saw the article once, and I can't remember where I found it.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    It's like that video game where people were fighting over resources...due to an ice age. XD
    That game wouldn't happen to be Battlefield 2142, by any chance...

Your post for some reason reminded me of the following 4 games: Civilization 4, Age of Empires 2, Starcraft, and Alpha Centauri. Probably because you tend to have to fight to get the resources you want in those games.
    While we're at it, let's not forget the Command & Conquer franchise.

Years

That game wouldn't happen to be Battlefield 2142, by any chance...

While we're at it, let's not forget the Command & Conquer franchise.

Only forgot that franchise because I never got hooked into it. I also omitted Empire Earth and Empire Earth II because they were, at best, games deserving of a 8/10, since they came to the RTS party too late to be innovative, and III is only worth an afterthought because it wasn't well designed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back