• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    My World History teacher is awesome! He's really funny, and makes class enjoyable for me and everyone else. I'm glad I have a B in that class. :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    My... lecturers are all... men? D: They aren't really strange, it's sad. :(

I have this strange Tutor though, she laughs at weird things and then dresses up according to what film we saw that week. D:

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Being home schooled my whole life I've never really had a "teacher". D: But apparently a teacher is an epic win or epic fail thing, or so I've gathered.

I personally think I'd be a balls awesome teacher only due to the last name. "Mr. Helfinstine" B)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Cool teachers, eh? I've had a few, but I suppose the quirkiest was my first year calculus prof. He'd always spend the last ten or so minutes of class telling us these crazy stories. I remember one where he was in a restaurant somewhere in the southern U.S., and he ordered some linguine. The waitress didn't know what he meant, but she later mentioned that they did indeed serve "lin-gwine." :P

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    My favourite teacher is my German teacher. Not just because I'm in love with the subject..
    But she's really funny and on Fridays she says; "RIGHT. MINIMAL EFFORT WORK." and we do like half an exercise and then she says when we're done we can sleep on our desks for a few minutes. 8D

If she can't be bothered she just throws on a German DVD. :3

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    One of my coolest teachers has got to be my 2nd year layout teacher Scott Caple. He was a lead on Mulan, and he worked on The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Atlantis, and also worked on The Incredibles.

He's, needless to say, Incredible :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My math professor for Math 206, 208, and 481 was awesome. Older guy, but very nice and easy to talk to. And when the class average on the final exam is a 103, that's just icing on the cake :)

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Philosophy is an interesting subject though! I'd do it too. Lol. I dont have too many quirky teachers, although i had one that ate sand and also washed his shirt in a urinal both during class :x

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Things are so different around here now. o___o; The background is about to give me epilepsy. =o

I see no onez I remember. D:

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    zhomg Cookie! =o

Hai. :> It's been far too long since I were online. T__T

... I'm joining the US Marine Corps. :>

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Yeah it's going to be... Quite the adventure. But I'm looking forward to it. I feel like it's something I need to do, y'know? I don't quite understand it but when it came down to it I was like "do I want to play music, go to college, or join the military?" and something just told me the military and then the core so.. Yeah. I'm stoked. I can't wait. :>

My life got... really crappy the past, like.. 6 months. Yeah. T___T

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    well honestly I'm excited about the education (my MOS is interpreting Korean and Afghani) but in all reality I feel more duty to do it than anything. I actually considered the duty first and one day I was like "holy crap, they're going to 'teach' me interpreting for free. ... Alright! :D" lol

I tried explaining to my parents how I felt and they didn't take it too well lol. I explained to them that 9/11 happened when I was 9 years old and I basically grew up watching a war happen and I'm tired of just watching and letting it happen and I'm ready to do something about it. And they're all like "that's not you, (my name here)! You're a musician and your makeup is nothing of a Marine! They'll turn you into a killer! blah blah blah" and.. Honestly, that's what I told myself for a really long time and one day I just made up my mind and if I die, so be it. If not, that's swell and dandy too. lol But I am not afraid of death. (b'-')b

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    My brother plans on joining the army in two years time, I hope it can give him discipline.

On other marvellous news, I bought French & Saunders, Still Alive, The Farewell Tour.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Some people are just not ready for open gunfire and such things like that... Even some people are difficult to essentially "brainwash". That is to say, some people cherish their identity... But the military requires a unison effort... They want to know that when they give the order to comply with something that you will carry it out, regardless of the consequences. Literally putting your life on the line.

I don't believe serving one's country means going off of an aggressive foreign policy... Then again, I am not American. I am not told to be patriotic by joining my own country's military or that terrorism is the worst evil.

To me though from the worst of it, when I think of the military, I think of the Standford Prison experiment...

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    My Gunnery Sgt. makes like 78k a year lol. That's really not that high of a rank. It's up there, but there's still plenty of people over you.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    My brother plans on joining the army in two years time, I hope it can give him discipline.

On other marvellous news, I bought French & Saunders, Still Alive, The Farewell Tour.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

That's marvelous honey. I hope you think you wasted that money well (:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back