• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    It can get boring with the same routine..
    Or it's just me because i'm occasionally lazy and don't really get into extra-curricular activities.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    high school is terrible in general

i say this as prom king of my class, had lots of friends, etc, it was still pretty bad

university is a good time once you make the adjustment. more freedom = more of doing what you are passionate about.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    tbh college/university is more about networking and exploring career options than learning per se

So no one actually has to go into post-secondary education to get a career? ********.

There may be aspects of both of those things in the university experience but I'm here to learn first, as are most of the other people I've met while here.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    So no one actually has to go into post-secondary education to get a career? ********.

There may be aspects of both of those things in the university experience but I'm here to learn first, as are most of the other people I've met while here.

no man, what i'm saying is its not the straight-up knowledge that gets you there, its the resources of the university. their name behind your degree. professors to write you letter of recommendation. power, basically. if all you wanted was to learn the material you could do it for much cheaper if you're motivated, using the internet, libraries and community colleges. with a university/college/any sort of name behind you, making the jump into the real career world it much easier

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    a high school that doesn't cost $20,000+ a year?

i don't think what i'm saying is that disagreable.

i LOVE learning too. i am impatiently curious about everything. i love it. but at the end of the day i'm taking out huge loans not simply to learn, but to be able to use that knowledge in a decent career

what that career will be is a whole other question entirely, heh...

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    The conversation going on up there is relevant to nothing.

I am now the topic.

So I have two days off from BOTH MY JOBS starting tomorrow.
    I plan on spending my time wisely.
    Sleeping and watching TV.

And socializing if I have time...

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Cool.

I'm going to China on the weekends for three weeks. Two weeks in Shanghai for the Expo and grandparents and a week in Beijing being a tourist.

I'll miss Sydney and its relative clean-ness. and my girlfriend. ;-;

girliehhhhhh

safhsdjklhfsdjk;
    Years
    honestly, looking back when i was in freshmen to junior (currently a senior), i don't think high school itself, as an institution, was all that bad - indeed, i had a couple of awesome teachers and got to know a few friends i'm still in contact with today.

what sucked far more than the institution was, well, me. i wasn't in a good place psychologically or even physically at the time, and my socialization was pretty poor for the most part. i think this is the real source of many people's hatred of high school - adolescence is a difficult time no matter who you are or where you are, and the place where you are when you go through these emotions can result in some negative associations. Now that i am graduating. i am sure gonna miss my high school years.

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    I called in sick for 11 days straight, because I am traveling to Italy now. Then to Canada to see my aunt, who just gave birth to her second child. And then back to Italy for 3 days, then home.

I tend to travel a lot, so yea.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I don't even have a job. I've gotta use my last money for groceries this weekend, then I have no idea what I'm gonna do.

Years
    I have two jobs at the moment, both part time, and I'm making the training wage on one of them. I'm relying on getting consistent work to get through the semester, since the $320 that was left on my financial aid when it disbursed only pays for six weeks of my commuting expenses when it comes to fuel (excluding when my brother doesn't fill up the car when it's his turn to fill up, which is every other week).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back