• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Daily Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I like fast food, it's cheap and tasty for something you have occasionally. Does sometimes make me feel a bit sick, especially McDonalds, but in general I'm a big fan of anything that lets me be lazy.

Years
    My older sister used to work at a burger place when she was in high school. Since she left there, she never touched a burger ever again. She was really tired of them.
    There's so many ways that burgers can be dressed up that they're another food I don't think I could ever get tired of eating. The thought of that is kind of boggling.

Although I was never exposed to fast food burgers in any huge amount, so I dunno.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    My mother and I were actually conversing on how addictive a lot of supermarket and fast food is.

I was sharing with her how the addictive additives from my Lays S&V chips were led to believe I was getting a fix with the whole foods S&V chips, and how weird a feeling it was. The chemicals were bringing out a craving that wasn't being either satisfied or postponed by the natural potato chips.

McDonald's will make you sick unless you're used to eating it, really. And it's very cost-inefficient to not succumb to the Standard American Diet when you work long hours and don't have time to steam vegetables, or the money to get good food. Then again we did it for thousands of years without this new toxic innovation so personally I'd rather go hungry for a few days than buy junk. But that's just me.

Years
    I like fast food, it's cheap and tasty for something you have occasionally. Does sometimes make me feel a bit sick, especially McDonalds, but in general I'm a big fan of anything that lets me be lazy.

"Occasionally," being the keyword, but there's a number of people who probably eat fast food like there's nothing else in the world that compares. Everything's okay in moderation.

Years
    My mother and I were actually conversing on how addictive a lot of supermarket and fast food is.

I was sharing with her how the addictive additives from my Lays S&V chips were led to believe I was getting a fix with the whole foods S&V chips, and how weird a feeling it was. The chemicals were bringing out a craving that wasn't being either satisfied or postponed by the natural potato chips.
    Well, yeah. The more you crave their stuff, the more of their stuff you'll hopefully buy in order to quell that craving! I've found it way easier to just avoid such foods if I'm really wanting to not have them than to try to moderate my intake. Stupid tricksy junk food. Once I start I don't want to stop.

McDonald's will make you sick unless you're used to eating it, really. And it's very cost-inefficient to not succumb to the Standard American Diet when you work long hours and don't have time to steam vegetables, or the money to get good food. Then again we did it for thousands of years without this new toxic innovation so personally I'd rather go hungry for a few days than buy junk. But that's just me.
    The trick is to find good deals on food so you're not paying more than you should. I know I run into deals on frozen meats all the time at my supermarket, and if I pick those up and just make several dinners from those - I'm already spending less money than if I went to go eat fast food all the time. And even if they're not marked down, I feel like I'd still be saving money regardless.

The main thing I'm missing in that case is just the convenience of having someone else make my food for me.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I'm still wondering whether or not I should return to eating fast food now that I learned that Super Size Me is a load of boloni.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    I'm still wondering whether or not I should return to eating fast food now that I learned that Super Size Me is a load of boloni.
    Where did you learn that?

Super Size Me quite accurately documents the effects of a large fast food intake. When I mentioned getting sick from McDonald's unless you're used to it earlier that kind of coincides with the double quarter pounder with cheese he threw up on his first day. :P

Personally I wouldn't have thrown it up. But I'd have a hell of a time holding it down like that... yeah.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017

Maybe she discovered how they made those burgers and what goes on in the kitchen? Assuming that it might've been a fast food restaurant.

I work at McDonalds. They don't do anything nasty.

It's pretty much just going to the supermarket, buying the cheapest beef you can, then cooking it on a George Forman grill.

I have no issue with eating McDonalds. My butthole does, but I don't.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Where did you learn that?

Super Size Me quite accurately documents the effects of a large fast food intake. When I mentioned getting sick from McDonald's unless you're used to it earlier that kind of coincides with the double quarter pounder with cheese he threw up on his first day. :P

Personally I wouldn't have thrown it up. But I'd have a hell of a time holding it down like that... yeah.
    Because another documentary called Fat Head debunked that documentary. Here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgBLQIJEcbE

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Because another documentary called Fat Head debunked that documentary. Here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgBLQIJEcbE
    "If you were obese, and you died from a snake bite, they would say you died from obesity, and not the snake bite."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahhahhahahhahhhaaa

This sounds like some money-grubbing publicity-stunting shit.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    "If you were obese, and you died from a snake bite, they would say you died from obesity, and not the snake bite."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahhahhahahhahhhaaa

This sounds like some money-grubbing publicity-stunting muk.
    I highly recommend watching the whole video first before calling this "some money-grubbing publicity-stunt muk." Even Cracked.com mentioned how bad Super Size Me was, since nobody was able to replicate the same results Morgan had for his experimental diet.

Years
    Nothing wrong with having it every so often. Just don't make it your meal every single meal or close to it. :P

How people make it their meal every day, 3 times, blows my mind.

I work at McDonalds. They don't do anything nasty.

Only those who work behind the counter and in fast food restaurants knows what goes on and being that I haven't been inside one for the last several years, I'm sure if people say it's fine, that it is. Though that doesn't stop me from being skeptical about their cooking methods. I'd much prefer seeing for myself what goes into the food I'm subjecting my body to and having control over how much.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    we were supposed to go home and steam some broccoli for dinner and drink into the tea we made... but it's 10 at night and my mother + her sister are still watching chick flicks. She says it's almost over.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    food and i have a very love-hate relationship. for instance: i love Taco Bell but it doesn't love me. :'(
    basically, i like to taste food and get full (in order to stop the stomach growls) but i don't like to eat it because it's difficult. :I;

my digestive system and my body hate everything i put in them. jerks.

Years
    There's actually some tasty green things out there though, especially if you prepare them in the right way. Although I say that as a person who will munch on spinach leaves as a snack just because.

How people make it their meal every day, 3 times, blows my mind.
    Mine too. I mean, I love me some of that myself, but I would get so sick of it after a while.

And then I'd probably start craving veggies haha.

Years
    Oh dude.

I absolutely love cucumbers, I have to be careful when eating them or else I'll end up eating the whole thing. And then I won't have any left for salads later and I'll be sad. :(

Actually, I think I still have half a cucumber left in my fridge right now VERY TEMPTED.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back