• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dark Knight Rises

Years
    I'd rather see the Year One grpahic novel/movie thing first before TDKR, I've been meaning to. That and some of the 90's cartoon just to reminisce. :D

R a c h e l

Formerly Sapphiress
    Years
    I am extremely excited for this film. The big London IMAX is doing a few days where it's showing BB & TDK from 00:40 onwards, then TDKR starts at like 6am... free refreshments too! I will obviously be there, in my batman t shirt!

Years
    I'm going to the "Batman Film Festival". :D

Batman Begins, followed by the Dark Knight, followed by the midnight premiere of the Dark Knight Rises. :D CAN'T WAIT.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    What?! Kevin Conroy isn't Batman in this one either? I'm out.

Seriously sweeties, I'm going to watch it, I'm pretty sure it's going to be awesome. I loved the first 2. Also I heard there's going to be a trailer for the Superman reboot, Man of Steel, also done by Nolan. It's just getting my hopes up if we're either have A, A Justice League movie, or B, A "World's Finest" movie AKA a Superman/Batman movie.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Couldn't wait until next week. I watched Batman Begins earlier today.

The part when Batman talks to Gordon outside his house and he goes "There's a storm coming" made me think straight to the TDKR commercials with Selina saying the same thing to Bruce. Just neat

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    less than a week now it releases into theater. My nephew, parents & I plan to watch it. Hope its AT LEAST as good as the first one. Have high hopes for this film, no matter the timelines. :D

Years
    Just bought my tickets a few hours ago!

And I also just realized the soundtracks' being released tomorrow, It's worth the listen imo. Begins & TDK had great soundtracks also, I hope it's good.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    My brother's off to see TDKR as of now... so, post your thoughts, opinions, yadda yadda yadda here, please! :D

Years
    I was planning on going this Sunday when all my circle of friends could go, but now I feel kinda, I dunno, hesitant to go. Not that I think I'd be in danger or anything, but just that I'm gonna be too distracted to enjoy it.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    I saw it at the midnight premier last night. Personally I think it's the best of the trilogy, and that Hardy's Bane was better than Ledger's Joker, after you remove all the taboo and hype surrounding the characters/actors. I would *like* to give full opinions/review as to why, but I want to keep spoilers for people down to a bare minimum. All I really will say is that Sir Michael Caine is completely amazing in his brief amount of camera time. There was maybe one scene where I didn't want to just cry because of the things he says. Also, for me, this film lives up to the expectations. :x

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'm all ready for Sunday when I go see the movie. I watched Batman Begins last Sunday. Batman: Gotham Knight on Wednesday (that was bleh, really. Some shorts were okay, but overall... useless). And just wrapped up The Dark Knight all of five minutes ago.

I've seen The Dark Knight at least five times now since its release. I'm still entirely captivated by it, from the opening logos to the last roll of the credits.

Cannot wait for Sunday.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I just got back from the theater, and the movie, in my completely honest opinion, sucked compared to The Dark Knight. It got too loud at some points and extremely difficult to interpret what the hell Bane (Tom Hardy) was trying to say through his mask. That alone made me extremely irritated from the very beginning, so it turned me off almost immediately. The plot is completely chaotic. And while that may supplement what Christopher Nolan might have tried to depict, he really shouldn't have. There were so many random things that happened, along with a couple plot holes I noticed, but I won't mention them here for the sake of not spoiling the movie.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Saw it. Loved it. It is the most flawed of the three though.

I don't know why so many people have said the plot is complex and confusing. Maybe if you haven't seen Batman Begins, but if you have then you shouldn't have a problem. It references it a lot.

My biggest complaint is that this seemed a lot more... pedestrian. It felt more like a superhero movie while the previous movies felt like crime dramas that happen to have Batman in them. This was a disaster movie. It needed to be more noire. It needed more psychobabble. It should have treated its audience like the were educated with the past two movies (I loved the references to Batman Begins. But dropped in clips telling the audience "Hey! Remember this? This is what we're talking about right now" seemed really cheap and reminiscent of Spider-Man 3. Not a good thing)

And the ending could have been tweaked ever-so-slightly.

I hope the soundscape gets retweaked on the Blu-ray release. The score is very loud (and very bad) and makes it difficult to hear dialogue at times.

Years
    I loved every minute of it, I couldn't have asked for a better ending to one of my favorite trilogies. I was kinda sad when I realized that it was all over.

If you don't get it, then you don't know the first two films and the Batman mythos well enough.
    It's like the first two - re-watch if you didn't get all of it. I was like that with The Dark Knight.

tl;dr 10/10 I will go see again.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    I don't have a lot to say about it except I found it seemed like it didn't drag as much as The Dark Knight did, to me anyway. It's a long movie, no doubt, but it didn't feel like a long movie.

I really loved it though. Although I was distracted a bit by Bane sounding like Sean Connery. That's really the only thing I can say against it. Will be going back to watch it again this coming week, hopefully.

Years
    I am very glad I rewatched the other movies before seeing this or I'd have been lost for some of it. It really plays like it's part of one really long movie and I don't think it's so strong on its own. I liked it better than this new Spider-Man, but not as much as Avengers.

Dunno if this is spoilery or not, but just to be safe.

Spoiler:

And Hans Zimmer, you need to stop playing that piece of music over and over. Change it up a little, please?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Thinking back on watching these three films last week... TDKR did a superb job of referencing dialogue from the previous films in subtle ways.

"He's behind you."
    "Who?"
    "ME"

"theatricality and deception"

"If someone stands in the way of justice you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the back"

"These, uh, civilized people, they'll eat each other."

Every loose thread from the previous films comes full circle

Ayselipera

Yeah I was not a fan. Bane was the usual big bulky villain who is unimaginably strong, but besides that has nothing else going for him. One thing I found very annoying was how half the time he was talking I didn't understand what he was saying at first. Literally every time he spoke I think I missed the first five words.

Definitely came off as a more "manly movie" than the Dark Knight. Also definitely was cheesy at some points. Cat woman or WHOEVER I DON'T EVEN KNOW was super cheesy and not sexy and just lame. Also the ending was super cheese omg. So much cheese it hurt. The cafe scene should not have happened. It was just so predictable ughhh. Lastly the Robin part. Oh my dear god just why. I get why it was added, but no, just no. I really hope it isn't continued or picked up by anyone with Robin or I will cry for a million years.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Yeah I was not a fan. Bane was the usual big bulky villain who is unimaginably strong, but besides that has nothing else going for him. One thing I found very annoying was how half the time he was talking I didn't understand what he was saying at first. Literally every time he spoke I think I missed the first five words.

Definitely came off as a more "manly movie" than the Dark Knight. Also definitely was cheesy at some points. Cat woman or WHOEVER I DON'T EVEN KNOW was super cheesy and not sexy and just lame. Also the ending was super cheese omg. So much cheese it hurt. The cafe scene should not have happened. It was just so predictable ughhh. Lastly the Robin part. Oh my dear god just why. I get why it was added, but no, just no. I really hope it isn't continued or picked up by anyone with Robin or I will cry for a million years.
    Bane has more going for him besides strength. He is a match (and superior) for Batman in terms of physical prowess, yes - but he is also smart. That wasn't as played up in the movie as much as it could have (but then again, neither is Batman being the world's greatest detective), but at least he wasn't mindless.

The ending was cheese and I didn't like it. Basically just the way The Avengers ended with Iron-Man. The cafe part was fine it just should have ended with a look of acceptance from Alfred, we should not have seen Bruce. It felt like a WB-forced thing and very un-Nolan.

But, I did like the Robin revelation. I would like to see this continued even without Nolan's involvement. Spin it off into Batman Beyond -type territory or something.

I thought Hathaway was a terrific Catwoman o.o

Last edited:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I thought Hathaway was a terrific Catwoman o.o
    I thought she was lesbian for the first half of the movie until her 'girlfriend' dropped off the face of the Earth (or at least Gotham) in the second half. Then Hathaway had the biggest character change in record time, which was about ten minutes. I didn't like that she didn't get enough screen time, nor did they actually call her catwoman - that would feel out of place but it's not very important - because she was an interesting character, who had decent chemistry with Christian Bale.

I probably missed something, but (major spoilers here):
    Spoiler:

Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but this movie felt more like the typical super-hero movie in the way it was told, more so than its predecessors anyway. In any case, I thought the ending wrapped everything up, no matter how cheesy it was.

The Robin thing was cool. I would love to see something like Batman Beyond.

Back