• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I'm a big fan of pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. The word, not the debilitating lung disease, mind you.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Doesn't anyone like some nice, normal words? Imagine the word 'the'. It gets used all the time, but it gets no love at all! Poor word! It must feel so empty and used :(

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I thought I may have made a mistake by not using the word 'a' instead for my example tbh. But apparently not!

When I was in 3rd grade they were teaching us how to write stories and we murdered the word 'said'. Literally. We had a funeral for it and everything, with a paper gravestone and flowers, hahaha.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    No I love the world extraterrestrial Toujours and that's a normal word right (it's not hella long as Catdog's). And spacial rend lol.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I remember doing something like that too! Haha. Except it was more like a forgetting-ceremony where we had to promise we didn't know the word while we were in her class.

All of us just ended up replacing it with silly words like "exclaimed" and "questioned" lol.

I know, it messed up my writing for years because I felt like I literally wasn't allowed to use the word 'said' so everything sounded really terrible and over-the-top when it didn't need to be haha. Glad to know I didn't just have a crazy teacher though!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

I know, it messed up my writing for years because I felt like I literally wasn't allowed to use the word 'said' so everything sounded really terrible and over-the-top when it didn't need to be haha. Glad to know I didn't just have a crazy teacher though!
    We did something like that in most of my english classes up until high school. Then I read Harry Potter books and cry. I hate the word said being used.

Well google translate gave me nothing so now I'm curious! :(
    It's English, darling.

Gamzee

light my fire
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    I never cared when teachers told me not to use a certain word. #beingarebel

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm sorry I was a good little schoolkid. When I was in elementary school once I didn't do my hw and they made me call home to tell my mom and I was crying my eyes out cause I thought she would get upset and she didn't care at all...so then every time I didn't do it I just spent time on the phone chatting with my mom and my teacher wasn't amused. Punishment failed hahaha

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I was good in school when I was younger as well, I had big fish small pond syndrome unfortunately. College snapped me out of that haha.

Amu

remember who the real enemy is
    Years
    I was generally good in school.... not so much in high school, but that's probably cause my high school teachers were so ****

I was the type of high school student who didn't study but did good anyway... unless it was math ugh. I remember taking our history regents exam (NY only thing if I'm not mistaken) during the end of my junior year and somehow acing with a 95. Until this day it surprises me that I aced such a long exam that included an essay without studying at all; guess uni shows how much of a joke HS really is, lol.

Why is Delibird still in the opening post when the holidays are over

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back