• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Tara that's a travesty. Although I stopped playing the one I was recently playing because I kept getting bad ends and I didn't really like the way it was set up. It like...was set in feudal times but the characters kept making obviously anachronistic jokes which really ruined the immersion of it. Plus they made the choices timed so you had ~5 seconds to decide which was the choice you wanted, and in VNs often you skip ahead to the next choice if you've played the beginning before and want a different path, and more than once I've started it skipping to the next choice, went off-window to PC or something, and had the time run out on a choice so I picked the unfavorable one on accident. Bleh.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • YOSHIKKKO DOWNLOAD HATOFUL BOYFRIEND TOO.

You should try Katawa Shoujo and Hatoful Boyfriend, Tara~ The latter's rather short (well, the demo version is; not sure about Plus since none of my friends have yet to find a download ;;) but the former isn't boring at all! (And despite having a "defect" in my arms I don't mind the female cast at all~)

Other than those, I've played (well, read) Ace Attorney and a bit of 999. I really wanna read CLANNAD too, but there's no Mac version ;;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I tried Clannad because people always swear it's the best thing ever but I really, really can't stand the way the main girl in it is drawn. Like it makes me clench my teeth looking at her so I only got like 10 min in.

Other than Hatoful and KS I've also completed Ever17, but I haven't completed many others. I've played a bunch but some of them probably shouldn't be shared here ahaha.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Oh man Clannad, I've tried that out for a few eps because people were recommending it to me everywhere, but I dropped it cause it wasn't really interesting to me, and I don't really like the shoujo style either. I might give it a try again though because I mean, there must be a reason why people obsess so much over it I guess.

Years
    • Age 31
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I watched CLANNAD, but I've yet to continue After Story. I can see why people like it so much, but I watched a good chunk of the anime, and then I didn't finish it until several months later. So it's in the 'good series, but I took a while to finish' list. Very, very little are in my 'I love this series I watched it all and then I was all 'baw i should've taken my time on it' later on'!

You're calling a lot of people idiots here, y'know. Most people here know my first name. Just the first name though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well when I went to Anime Expo I went to a visual novel panel where they got guys from a website big on manga and showcased good VNs, and Clannad was on there even though it was a panel of guys, lmao. Along with some more unsavory work. xD I never did get around to trying any of the recommendations from there though.

Years
  • Well when I went to Anime Expo I went to a visual novel panel where they got guys from a website big on manga and showcased good VNs, and Clannad was on there even though it was a panel of guys, lmao. Along with some more unsavory work. xD I never did get around to trying any of the recommendations from there though.
    What kind of unsavory work are you talking about?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    What kind of unsavory work are you talking about?

jkstI.png

Actually I can't remember the names of any of them other than Clannad tbh and there are Youtube videos of the panel up, but my roommate is here and I don't think she would appreciate some of the things they said hahaha. But the one that stuck with me involved animal girls and that's all I'll say.

There was also one that was half VN and half strategy game which was quite interesting!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Oh man Clannad, I've tried that out for a few eps because people were recommending it to me everywhere, but I dropped it cause it wasn't really interesting to me, and I don't really like the shoujo style either. I might give it a try again though because I mean, there must be a reason why people obsess so much over it I guess.

CLANNAD's seinen... XD; But um from what I've heard After Story (the sequel) is so much better, so you should definitely give it another shot! I say this and yet I'm still not done with AS.

But half VN, half strategy... Closest thing that comes to mind is Tears to Tiara from what I saw of the screenshots, but Idk because I only watched the anime XD; Another one that comes to mind is Riviera, but that's a WonderSwan/GBA/PSP game so I doubt that was there.

Some people on here know my real name, but I kind of ask them not to use it since it seems weird. Idk why it's that way, it just is ^^;

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Tara that's a travesty. Although I stopped playing the one I was recently playing because I kept getting bad ends and I didn't really like the way it was set up. It like...was set in feudal times but the characters kept making obviously anachronistic jokes which really ruined the immersion of it. Plus they made the choices timed so you had ~5 seconds to decide which was the choice you wanted, and in VNs often you skip ahead to the next choice if you've played the beginning before and want a different path, and more than once I've started it skipping to the next choice, went off-window to PC or something, and had the time run out on a choice so I picked the unfavorable one on accident. Bleh.
    Judging from that, you'd probably hate Alpha Protocol. Not only are dialogue choices timed, but a lot of the time you don't even get to see the consequences of your actions until much later. Then again, you have guns, spy gadgets, and more or less complete freedom to do as you please, so inadvertently pissing off most of the NPCs may not be that much of a bad thing depending on how you play the game.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Aaaa Hatoful Boyfriend idk Swell, might be cool but like, WHY BIRDS IDGI?? [/late]

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Judging from that, you'd probably hate Alpha Protocol. Not only are dialogue choices timed, but a lot of the time you don't even get to see the consequences of your actions until much later. Then again, you have guns, spy gadgets, and more or less complete freedom to do as you please, so inadvertently pissing off most of the NPCs may not be that much of a bad thing depending on how you play the game.

Yeah action VNs aren't exactly my cup of tea. Like even this feudal one is pushing it, I'm a fan of easygoing ones like school-related ones and such. xD

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020

CLANNAD's seinen... XD; But um from what I've heard After Story (the sequel) is so much better, so you should definitely give it another shot! I say this and yet I'm still not done with AS.

But half VN, half strategy... Closest thing that comes to mind is Tears to Tiara from what I saw of the screenshots, but Idk because I only watched the anime XD; Another one that comes to mind is Riviera, but that's a WonderSwan/GBA/PSP game so I doubt that was there.

Some people on here know my real name, but I kind of ask them not to use it since it seems weird. Idk why it's that way, it just is ^^;
    But wait huh, I meant art style. Yeah you're right. Anyways not a fan of the style, big bold sparkly eyes idk lol.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • On the other hand, I won't watch anything unless it's done in that style, lol. Love the sparkly-eyed girls xD

As for VN's the only major commercial one I've played was "Hourglass of Summer" back when Hirameki International was still in business translating VN's. The others have been mostly doujin works for free or by indie game makers like Hanako Games. I've downloaded Katawa Shoujo but haven't had a chance to start it... too much other stuff going on, lol

Don't know if this counts as a VN but "Sakura Wars: So Long My Love" does have timed choices to build relationships with girls. But those relationships also determine how powerful you are in the battle (Strategy RPG style) phase of the game so you kinda have to go after all of them at first so you get enough strength for battles, then you can focus on the one girl whose ending you want.

Anime crushes for me, I've had a few. Leaf from Pokemon and Cure White from Pretty Cure have been my two big ones :)

Years
  • Well when I went to Anime Expo I went to a visual novel panel where they got guys from a website big on manga and showcased good VNs, and Clannad was on there even though it was a panel of guys, lmao. Along with some more unsavory work. xD I never did get around to trying any of the recommendations from there though.

Did you go to the FAKKU VN & Eroge panel? That was lulzy.

Still I'm all into drama/romance anime lately so CLANNAD is on the top still.

But with the death of the Cyber Locker scene, my source for old anime is dwindling. I've been sent back to 2007 I believe...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Did you go to the FAKKU VN & Eroge panel? That was lulzy.

Still I'm all into drama/romance anime lately so CLANNAD is on the top still.

But with the death of the Cyber Locker scene, my source for old anime is dwindling. I've been sent back to 2007 I believe...

Yeah lol. It was highly enjoyable and not as creepy as I was afraid it would be, haha.

I don't watch anime much. :( I'm never really in a place where I feel comfortable turning my sound on since I have a roommate so my computer is almost always muted, lol.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I just have to avoid the "Recommendations" sections of MAL now... I don't want to find out about a promising old (new to me) show and find out that I can't get to it anymore since the file share sites are dead and nobody's torrenting it... At least I got Nanoha downloaded about six months ago xD

Though I did pick up a DVD of an old series from 1998 for $4.80 including shipping :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back