• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
  • We only played friendly matches against the other small school next door. It's not like we were particularly great or much of a big deal. XD

Well a team is a team :p If I'd wanted to create a chess team at my school, whoever was in charge of approving this sort of thing would have just been like "WELL THAT DON'T SOUND LIKE NO SPORT TA ME, IT DON'T EVEN HAVE A BALL OR A NET OR DEM PURTY CHEERLEADERS WHAT GETS ME ALL TINGLY WHEN I WATCH EM." and slammed the door in my face.

Years
  • I propose a fight to the death for the love of Yoshi.

LOVE_WIRE! WHERE FOR ART THOU!?
    ACCEPT MAH DUEL!

This abuse of title changing powers has gone on long enough.​

Years
  • Well geez. That sounds like one major hick school.

My school was fancy enough to even have a Mock Trial team, a bowling team, and a girl's rugby team. And it's not even that big of a school. And it's also in the heart of hick territory. but they're all richie-rich types since it's an exurban town

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    My school is really craaaaazy bout sports. Actually, it's like one of the best ones in the state. We do have a chess team and some other teams I don't really know about :P

Years
  • Schools having sports teams is not really wide-spread here, only some weird-ass private schools do that. I consider the separation between school and hobbies a good idea, I think if it were otherwise, it would most likely take the fun out of these activities.

Years
  • I propose a fight to the death for the love of Yoshi.

LOVE_WIRE! WHERE FOR ART THOU!?
    ACCEPT MAH DUEL!

This abuse of title changing powers has gone on long enough.​

tumbleweed_151257.jpg

I represented my primary school way more than my secondary school for sports. I played cricket and softball for my primary school. I did some cricket at secondary school but dropped it after a while.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I was the fat kid who always had a note to get out of PE. I think I participated in about 30% of the lessons lol.

NO MATTER WHAT YOUR TEACHERS TELL YOU KIDS, YOU DO NOT NEED TO EXERCISE TO LOSE WEIGHT. IT'S ALL A LIE.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Ugh PE was a nightmare. "LET'S ALL RUN TOGETHER, OH YOU CAN'T RUN? LET'S ALL LOOK AT THE GIRL WHO'S NOT GOOD AT RUNNING. SHAME. SHAAAAAME."

It's the exact opposite way to get an overweight child to want to exercise.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Not in my school, lol. It depended on the teacher you got...one of them graded you on how many pullups you could do (0 = F, 1-4 = D, 5-9 = C, 10-14 = B, 15+ = A) and pushups, how fast you could run a mile, etc. The other one said as long as you tried then it didn't matter. The first teacher always frustrated me; people would ask her "what if you just can't do it?" and she would say "what would happen in an academic class if you just can't do it?" and I would want to scream at her that if there was a 'remedial gym' I'm sure the people who can't do pull-ups would go take it.

Years
  • Not in my school, lol. It depended on the teacher you got...one of them graded you on how many pullups you could do (0 = F, 1-4 = D, 5-9 = C, 10-14 = B, 15+ = A) and pushups, how fast you could run a mile, etc. The other one said as long as you tried then it didn't matter. The first teacher always frustrated me; people would ask her "what if you just can't do it?" and she would say "what would happen in an academic class if you just can't do it?" and I would want to scream at her that if there was a 'remedial gym' I'm sure the people who can't do pull-ups would go take it.
    That sounds like my middle school gym teachers. They didn't fail you if you couldn't do pushups or whatever, but you could tell they wanted to. The worst was the mile. If you didn't finish around 10 minutes, they would leave you on the track while everyone else who had already finished could go inside and play basketball. Not helpful for my self-esteem.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Man in middle school I went up my teachers the first day and just started crying. Ever since that day they let me do whatever I want because they didn't want to be the one making middle school girls cry because they're too tough haha.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Wow, lol, even though my school is so big on sports and all, we actually don't have anything like PE. (Not until we get to like 11th grade anyways, that's when we have the option of taking it. Even then, it's mostly like only learning the RULES of a game lol) But yeah, for now, we're pretty much free to do whatever we want in PE :P Most of the kids just roam around here and there, enjoying themselves. The max tests that we had was for like one day, when we had to do various activities and were graded on our performance.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • I remember the game I liked to play the most was what they called "Big Bases". It was sort of like kickball using big mats.

The kicking team was arranged into sets of two. One was the kicker, the other was the runner, and the bases could hold as many sets as possible and you could continue to run around the bases as many times as you want, provided your team is still up to bat.

But, if you fell off the base, you had to run to the next base.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • My PE teacher was lazy as hell. For some reason I got pe both semesters. We played dodgeball a lot for the first semester, and for the few of us in 2nd semester the teacher pretty much said 'do whatever you want'

That class became naptime for me.

As for kickball, I got someone out once. It was funny as hell imo. I threw the ball at him trying to get them out, but I overshot him. A few seconds later, he stepped on the ball and promptly fell on his ass.

Everyone was laughing.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    We don't have football teams or baseball teams, or any of the sort haha. Our PE is pretty boring.

Man in middle school I went up my teachers the first day and just started crying. Ever since that day they let me do whatever I want because they didn't want to be the one making middle school girls cry because they're too tough haha.
    using your female charms toujours

Last edited:
    Years
  • I remember high school PE was pretty boring. Lots of running. Junior high had a pretty great teacher who let us do rock climbing and archery. I don't know how he convinced anyone it would be a good thing to give 13 year olds weapons, but he did it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back