• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Disappearance of Professor Oaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light Angel

An "unusual" Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2004
    The Disappearance of Professor Oak

Ok, I had to make a title that was...well, interesting. Let's hope I can make the beginning at least that good.

It was a dark and stormy night...(crumples the page and starts again). Sorry. ^_^'

Ok. Last Tuesday at 8:00 P.M., Professor Oak was seen walking out of his home. Autumn was just setting in, so the night air had begun to frost, making the Professor shiver a little as he went down to the main road. He was mearly on a journey to ask a good friend for a batch of tea, since he'd used the last of his the night before. Coincidence? I think not! As he turned off of his driveway towards the nearby neighborhood, a chill ran up his spine! He looked behind him, wondering if he was being watched. He saw no one. Shrugging it off, he continued down the road, though now he was much more alert. After reaching the first few houses, a cold blast of icy wind came up from behind him, making him turn around! Just as he'd turned his head, though, it was as though someone had turned the wind off. Nothing stirred...not even the few leaves that clutched at some of the trees. Wanting to get out of this infernal night air, the Professor quickened his step, wanting to get to his destination as soon as he could. He never made it.

The next day, newspapers sported a shocking front page! Professor Oak was missing! The milk man, being good friends with the good Professor, found that Professor Oak's door was unlocked when he brought in the usual milk. Finding it odd, the milk man went in further. There was no trace of Professor Oak anywhere. After more people came to the Professor's home, and after a few other people got suspicious, it was found out that Professor Oak had suddenly disappeared without a trace! Officer Jenny went into this case herself. After examining the house thoroughly, she found that there was no trace of a struggle, no evidence that Professor Oak had previously attempted to leave his home, and there wasn't a note of ransom anywhere. Just as she was about to announce that the good Professor had just left his home temporarally, there was something that another officer had found. A note, scribbled in the Professor's own hand, was given to Officer Jenny. It'd been found in a drainage hole less than a block away from the Professor's home. It was a cry for help!

If anyone finds this, I want them to turn this in immediately to the police! This is Professor Oak! I am being held against my will! I've been forced into a van, though they have kept me untied, enabling me to scribble this note! I can hear them coming! Please, help me! The last I heard was that my hostages are taking me to C-

That was the end of the note. Officer Jenny read it again and again, but it was no good. There wasn't enough information on it to raise any hopes, though she told her squad and the media that a searching party would be on the case to find Professor Oak. Once Officer Jenny was alone, she shook her head at a few of her sqaud. There just wasn't enough information on the note to go by. When she left, dropping the note in her gloom, a young girl about eighteen picked it up. She'd heard everything in the shadows...and she wasn't about to let this case drop. Professor Oak had been a dear friend and mentor...and now she was determined to find him, whatever the cost!

(Well, it's a mystery. It's unusual, true, but I thought it would be interesting. Let's see how it goes. Anyway, there's just a few rules. Professor Oak can not die. There won't be any bloodshed, though knocking someone out is fine. Using pokemon against a person is fine as long as that person doesn't die. I'd rather we have the poke-morphs, half n' halves, and demons out of this. No offense, but it will make things a little more simple. Last, but certainly not least, the basic rules. Please, no bad language, no grotesque footage (like corpses and body parts), no uncomfortable scenes...you know what I mean, and please...make sure that your pokemon aren't all powerful. Like, a level 100 Mewtwo with fenominal cosmic power! Anyways, have fun and watch out for the bad guys. You may just become a hostage yourself! (You hear laughter echoing off the walls) Just setting the mood.)

Oh, and by the way. We need a group of five or six people depending on a few things. We'll see how it goes. Oh, and if I don't show up a lot, I give you permission to go on without me. I'll just be popping in now and then to make things...interesting.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2005
    ((Mwahahaa! I shall join.. This seems to be a very good RP..))

Another girl, who was 14, stepped out of the shadows as well.. She walked over to the other girl to take a better look at the paper.. No one had noticed her, where she was hiding, because her black clothes helped her blend into the shadows so that she would be unnoticable.. She turned to the other girl with questioning eyes..

"..Will you go after him?" she asked quietly.. She knew the answer very well, since she had known her for all her life, but again..as she always said, you can never be sure.. "I will..I remember when he gave me my first pokemon when I was just ten.." she said, looking at her six pokeballs on her belt..

She could still remember that day when she had gotten her very first pokemon..a Charmander. She had dreamed of it for all those ten years, and finally, she had gotten it.. Then she had started her journey to gain all the badges, and she had succeeded with Prof. Oak's help.. But now, he had dissapeared.. She would find him, no matter what.. Even if the other girl didn't join her..

Light Angel

An "unusual" Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2004
    "I have to," she said as she pocketed the note, looking at her friend with a worried, but determined face. "He's helped me so much...not to mention both of us. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't at least try to find him. You know how much it meant to me when my belongings were stolen and lost near Saffron City and he helped me get back home. I still owe him a lot for that."

She let out a sigh as she looked up at the early stars that were now appearing as the last rays of the sun disappeared. She knew that, if it hadn't been for Professor Oak, she may not have gotten home at all. Being left stranded with no food, water, money, and so on had been a big problem. Luckily, she'd been able to reach a phone in Saffron City and tell Professor Oak about her problem. He had gone out of his way to pay her way back home.

(Yes! Thank you for joining, Luna! I was worried that this RP would sink like a rock!)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2005
    ((I don't know how anyone could not join it..It's very good.. By the way, is it just Canto or do we have Jotho and Hoenn as well? And what's your character's name?))

Luna nodded, looking at the sky as well.. "..Well, I shall come with you.. Now, we need to find out where he could have gone.. I think we should make a list of cities that start with the letter C.. After all, it writes that the place he is taken to starts with a C.. Hmm..We should go and take a look at the maps. Would you like to come over?" she asked.. She didn't have any maps with her at the moment, but knew that she had many in her house that she had used for her travels..

"..Hmm..Actually, there aren't that many places that start with a C.." she added after a moment of hesitation.. "It could be Cerulean city, Cinnabar islands, uhh..Celadon city..and what else? That's about it, I think.." she said, turning her gaze to her friend.. "Can you think up of any others?"

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2005
    Luna turned to the thirteen year old boy.. "So I suppose someone else is joining too.." she mumbled to herself, narrowing her eyes.. Somehow, he seemed strangely familiar, yet she couldn't quite place who he was.. "..Do I..know you?" she asked, narrowing her eyes even more..

Light Angel

An "unusual" Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2004
    (Just to make sure that this RP doesn't go on forever, let's keep the case in Kanto. That doesn't restrict pokemon, though. Pokemon from Johto and Hoenn are allowed)

"My name's Lynette Hemmings," Lynette answered, friendly enough as she looked at the boy closely with her blue eyes, feeling that she knew him, but couldn't really place him. "I'm from Viridian City. This is my best friend, Luna, by the way."

She looked at Luna when she said the last line, then looked at the boy quizically. I wonder why he seems so familiar, she thought as she suddenly shivered. It had suddenly gotten a little chilly, making her hug at her tan sweater. She'd chosen to wear her white t-shirt that sported sea waves on her short sleaves and high v-neck and her navy capris since it'd been warm that day. Now she wished she'd worn pants as she pushed her curly blonde hair out of her face automatically.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2005
    ((Aren't Cianwood and Cherrygrove in Jotho?))

Luna smiled faintly.. "Nice to meet you, Alex.." she said, still smiling.. "Hmm..I'd say..we had better get ready as soon as possible, so that we don't waste any time.." she said, looking at her watch.. It was still early in the morning.. She then looked at Lynette.. Although she was hugging herself, as though she was cold, Luna didn't feel even a very slight chill.. She turned back to Alex.. "..So..will you come with us..?" she asked in a quiet voice, eyeing him.. He did seem familiar to her, but..who was he? She couldn't figure out..

capalex65

Anyone need a website done..?
    Years
  • ((those i mentioned are in Johto and GenoMew what was that supposed to be))

"Well yes i'll come with you to save Prof. Oak" ((there is not an S in Prof. Oak's name))

((my looks: wears all black and has a long black cloak and clear green eyes and if he is threatned then he will use his psychic powers to defend him self))

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2005
    ((Yeah..What IS that supposed to be? o.0;; And there is no Jotho..so they don't count.. Another thing is pokemorphs and such special powers aren't allowed in this RPG.. Do you actually believe in psychic powers anyway? If they do exist, they aren't things to be used as weapons anyway.. Psychic powers are stuff like using pendulums, looking through crystal balls, using clairvoyance, communicating with spirits, looking at auras and stuff..))

Light Angel

An "unusual" Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2004
    (Well...let's see. Capalex, if you could just restrict the psychic powers, you can stay. Otherwise things will get confusing. I don't want you to leave just on my account, though. I just felt that things would be more challenging if we were all just human beings. Plain, yes, but it isn't boring. It'll make you think a whole lot more about how your character's going to have to deal with certain situations.)

"I think we should eat something first," Lynette said, wanting some hot cocoa as she buttoned up her tan coat. "If it's alright with Luna and her parents, we could start planning there."

She looked at Luna hopefully as she pulled out Professor Oak's note, examening it closely as she thought about all the city's in Kanto that started with a C. Celdon City was promising, since it was very large. It could easily hide the Professor from prying eyes. On the other hand, Cerulean City had that advantage, too, but there had to be more to the cities than that. She thought about Cinnabar Island and nodded. It had its own possibilities, too. She had to get a hold of a map of Kanto to see where a group of stealthy kidnappers would emerge from. She had to have access to the news and the daily newspaper. Lynette hoped that Luna would make sure that they could all go to her house. The Pokemon Center in Viridian City was no place for a meeting like this.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2005
    "Sure you can come." Luna said, smiling.. "I don't think it'd bother my parents at all.. You know how they are, a little..too undisciplined from time to time.." she said.. She was right about her parents, but at least Luna wasn't the type who would misuse peoples' trusts.. At times, the people in the same class as the pokeschool she went to called her a goody-two-shoes..

"Hmm..We will definately need our pokemons with us..if we don't want to spend too much money.." she said thoughtfully.. "Anyway, follow me."

Light Angel

An "unusual" Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2004
    "That sounds good, actually," Lynette said with a small smile as she pocketed the note, feeling hungry as she started to walk down Professor Oak's walk. "I'll go with almost anything, except for ham, sausage, and anchovies."
    She said the last line with a little teasingly as she whistled loudly in the air. Knowing that Luna and Alex were looking at her funny, she waited until a ball of yellow fur almost barreled her over, even though the pokemon was small. It was a Pichu with a band of colorful beads on her right ear, hugging her trainer hard as it started to talk nonstop, obviously asking questions.
    "Hold on, Pax! Slow down!" Lynette said as she laughed a little at her pokemon, looking around for the others. "I have a question for you. Where's Solina, Ray, and the rest of the team?
    "Pichu, pi!" her pokemon informed her, pointing down to the main road where Professor Oak's drive ended.
    There were five other pokemon waiting near the gate.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2005
    ((Solina? Does that have any connection with Solinari from DragonLance?))

Luna raised her brows slightly, in a disbelieving manner.. "You don't like..sosidge, ham, and anchovies..? How about pepperoni, then?" she asked.. How could anyone NOT like sosidge? Anchovies and ham were alright..but..sosidge.. "Uhm...just kidding. We'll then buy a vegetarian pizza..or I could order myself a sandwich from there. They do taste quite good, you know.." she said, a hungry smile appearing on her face as she longingly thought about the sandwiches..

When they were in the driveway, however, Luna was thinking of a more serious matter.. What if the kidnappers knew that they were coming to get Prof. Oak? What if they caught them? To be able to kidnap Prof. Oak, they should be very confident with their weapons..or Pokemon.. she thought to herself as she slowly walked behind the two..

When Pax came, though, her mood was better.. "It's very cute.." she said, watching Pax with a faint smile on her face..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back