• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The disturbing world of Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2013
    We all know Pokémon don't we? You know, that franchise with a world full of soul-stealing monsters, horrifying ghosts, evil gangs and NPCs that will stop at nothing to hunt you down and fight?

Then again, maybe not... The Pokémon is darker than you think and I'm here to share with you the darker side of the Pokémon world. Proceed with caution... Other members are welcome to share things they too find creepy. I shall list items by categories

Pokédex entries and their implications:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That's all for now. More when I find more disturbing things to write. Till then fellow members

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
    Years
  • Opening the following will spoil some important plot points for Black and White:

Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Obviously, the creators didn't go into detail into those parts of the franchise because they aimed Pokemon for the little children (I suppose around 8 to 12 years old or even younger idk). You wouldn't see little children deciphering those, eh? Unless you tell them, of course. :/

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Zeffy... what about Yamask's 'dex entries though?
    Spoiler:

Kids are gonna pick up on that one, at least.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Zeffy... what about Yamask's 'dex entries though?
    Spoiler:

Kids are gonna pick up on that one, at least.
    Yamask's Pokedex entry is not really disturbing. I mean, when you look at the mask its not really skeletony (like Cubone's) or ewwy (wtf is ewwy). It's kind of sad when you think about it tbh. But it also gives you something: sometimes, humans will become Pokemon when they die. :o

And heck Cofagrigus' 'dex entry says it eats human souls. The other one is about it's made from solid gold.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Well, I suppose... but there's also the Litwick line.
    Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    All of these Pokedex entries though, when we see the said Pokemon in the anime, why doesn't it all happen?

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
    Years
  • Hmm, yeah, all of those are really disturbing if you do think about.
    Anyways, I'm impressed no one has mention Hypno (Hypno's Lullaby, anyone?).

Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • It did happen in the anime. Well... the Desumasu ep wan't as horrifyingly sad as it could have been, but when you think about it a bit...
    And then- hasn't come out in English yet-
    Spoiler:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yeah those a pretty creepy but so are Duskull's and Shedinja's
    Spoiler:
    poor kids...it makes one want to behave...
    Spoiler:

Shedinja is especially creepy...it just comes out of no where...and it doesn't move!

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
    Years
  • Eh, I haven't noticed these for some time now.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2013
    More disturbing things

It's good to see many of you sharing these entries. And now, for another update. This time, I'll go into detail for some of the Pokémon already mentioned by other members aside from adding a few new ones.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That's all my update for now. Until then fellow members, stay safe...

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024

Spoiler:
    Forgive me if you don't want to be corrected but Cofagrigus' ability, which you just mentioned how it works, is not really a pandemic or an apocalyptic scene. It just changes the ability of the Pokemon, not make it drastically sick or change its appearance. Just change the ability. But it'll go away if you take back the 'infected' Pokemon to its Pokeball.

And you forgot the fact that Cofagrigus' 'dex entry tells that it eats human's souls. :/

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Some part are bit too exaggerated like say, the Yanmega one.

These darker element is the reason why one should need at least one pokemon when they are go on travelling. Cities, Towns, and Villages also need a protector. Maybe this is another use for Gym. Thankfully, those dangerous thing should be rare in the wild, but this rule only apply for darker universe that maybe used for a shounen manga instead of the game. Just saying

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
    Years
  • Im loving these explanations. haha.
    Damn creators....what were they thinking?
    I want a realistic kind of show, for a more adult audience, about Pokemon. It'd be cool.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Oh, and I forgot to mention. That's why trainers train Pokemon, to make them not do those things that you mention. Unless those Pokemon are left in the wild, then obviously they would still do those stuff that you mentioned.

Years
  • It's good to see many of you sharing these entries. And now, for another update. This time, I'll go into detail for some of the Pokémon already mentioned by other members aside from adding a few new ones.

Spoiler:

That's all my update for now. Until then fellow members, stay safe...

And let's not forget the ever so loveable Mystery Dungeon version of Darkrai...

Back