• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The disturbing world of Pokémon

Mr. L

Tea.
Years
  • Eggs from the day care centre always bothered me a bit, imagine it, your pokemon lays an egg, cares for it and loves it, then an old man comes out and takes the egg away from its parents.

It's then given to you, chances are the parents at the day care centre don't even know you, they were caught and abandoned in your box in your quest to collect every Pokemon. You then wander around with it until it hatches, that baby Pokemon gets one glimpse at the sun and then its boxed as its fulfilled the same role as its parents, or its released as its deemed genetically inferior by you, who is hunting for the perfect combination of nature, IVs and/or egg moves.

On a related note, Ditto will steal a Pokemons identity, and then sleep with it.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    EDIT: Oh yeah, just remembered Yamask. Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry. I don't wanna be a Yamask when I die! And my face becomes a friggin mask? TT.TT
    There's a big flaw in that sentence right there. You will never be a Yamask because Pokemon isn't real.

However
    , let's assume that Pokemon is real. What would you choose: living on the world with a whole new point of view and a whole new life but still remembering your own old life or just die?

I wouldn't mind becoming a Yamask when I die, at least I can still roam on the world and I'd have new things to do and better skills than when I was a human.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Has anyone seen Shedinja's Pokedex. It's one of the oddest.

"A discarded bug shell that came to life. Peering into the crack on its back is said to steal one's spirit."

...So, looking at the crack in the back steals your soul.
    Let me shed light on two things.

Crack in back.... crack in lower back... I think you know what crack I'm talking about. Serve's you right for peeving at Pokemon.

And may I direct everyone's attention to this B/W sprite:
    Spr_b_5b_292.png

...Don't look at the crack in the back. Or you'll die, apparently.

rustymenon

Master of Illusions
    Years
  • You know, What I find creepy is using a super effective heat crash from a Level 100 Emboar on a Level 2 Caterpie. Man, thank god they don't show the bodies of the Pokemon. Brrr.....

Last edited:

Almost Me

WHEEEEEEEEE
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Hello everyone! I'm back with a new update. I've been scrolling through the new posts but this particular one caught my eye:

Thanks for your support, but that isn't what caught my attention. I'd like to direct everyone's attention to the bold sentence because well, today's update is going to be about those pixels. Let's backtrack to Gen II shall we? I think the GB/C cartridge owners would understand today's update more.

Now, imagine one day, popping in Gold, Silver, or Crystal, a game you've played for eight or so years, in which you have been obsessively training your Pokémon and grown attached to them, maybe you consider them your childhood friends, turn on your game one day, but there is no "Continue" just "New Game", as if you never played it before. So you try to salvage your childhood friends by starting over from scratch: get your old starter, catch that one Hoothoot that became an endearing member of your team, sure it may not be the same Pokémon, but its the best you can do. The day wears on, you have to eventually turn it off after saving the game state, and then the next day you start playing, and its the same deal as yesterday: "New Game" and nothing more. You restart and save a few times, to find that you can no longer save your game. You can play through the game a bit, but your efforts are washed away the next time you turn it off or on, you might fire up your Pokémon Stadium 2, which no longer even works with your game, and see the ghosts of the Pokémon you used to know in the Registered section. All your Pokémon are wiped from existence. You have no way of recreating it, and you had no warning. Or, you did have a warning, and for the rest of the time you find out, you wait for your game to stop saving and all of your Pokémon friends being wiped from existence, and you can't do anything to stop it.

Still don't know what I'm talking about? Four words that doom many players around the world:

Internal Clock Battery failure

Wait, so that's what's wrong with my Pokemon Gold?

I swear to god I'm going to get my money back from that ***** at the car boot sale.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    The thing's practically a glitch Pokémon.

This got me thinking, what if its not really an evolution of Porygon 2, maybe the mysterious disk has a part of missingno in it. So when you use it on Porygon 2, it turns into a fight for dominance between missingno and Porygon 2. If this is true, then maybe every time it twitches, it is missingno trying to take control of Porygon 2.... What do you guys think about my theory?

fliyer

played more than 2000 hours-_-
    Years
  • i remember a dusknoir epuisode where a dusknoir was triying to take soem one to the spirit world :\

Years
  • 562.gif

"Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry."

"These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life."

That is disturbing.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • This was actually made by someone that shall not be named (at least for me), but Parasect is actually a ZOMBIE. It is an insect creature that is completely controlled by the big mushroom on its body. The further proof on why Parasect is a zombie is, because its eyes have been whited out, that may well resemble the white eyes seen in zombies.

Pokemon Yellow dex entry:
    The bug host is drained of energy by the mushrooms on its back. They appear to do all the thinking.

Interestingly its toxic spores are used in CHINA according to Pokemon FireRed dex entry... If you can imagine a real life person consuming its spores in some way... :paranoid:

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    So I just caught a Weepinbell and was disturbed by this Pokedex entry:
    "If its prey is bigger than its mouth, it slices up the victim with sharp leaves, then eats every morsel."

So then I looked at its other entries, which include things like "swallows anything that moves" and "prey is melted by strong acids", and I realized Victreebel must be much worse. And it is.
    "Said to live in huge colonies deep in jungles, although no one has ever returned from there." Just look up its other entries on Bulbapedia.

Yes, some of this stuff is already real; for example, real pitcher plants lure their prey with sweet aromas so they can fall into liquid enzymes or something. But imagine that 10x bigger and with teeth....

It's a good thing for James that the laws of Pokedex entries don't apply to the anime.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2013
    Hey everyone! It's time for a long overdue update on the things we find disturbing about Pokémon.

Consider that we've been talking about ghosts, psychic abominations, and things with awesome, inexplicable power. Now picture them at war, a far cry from normal Trainer battles, where Pokémon can't kill their opponent or attack trainers.

Sound a bit absurd? A little far from it. Assuming you've seen the movie featuring Lucario, the movie itself confirms a terrifying fact - Pokémon go to war with their human trainers/soldiers, who use them instead of guns. So seeing the world of Pokémon is full of monsters that can breathe fire, create tidal waves and generate electricity among other things, the best death you can hope for is a Fighting-type snapping your neck like a dry twig.

Remember this guy from Gen 1?

frlgemtr118.png

I'm sure many of you can tell me it's Lt. Surge. Now lets look at him at a different perspective. Consider that he is specifically stated to be an American soldier, which means wars are still being fought up to modern times. The region the games takes place in is based on Japan, which we can assume to actually be Japan in that universe. So if America and Japan exist in that universe and history is pretty much the same, then World War II was fought with Pokémon. And if World War II was fought with Pokémon, just imagine what Nazi Germany did with them. And then atrocities committed during any war. With Pokémon. Perhaps all those horrific Pokédex entries came from how Pokémon were used during wars?

I guess we'll never know

tl;dr version:
    Spoiler:

That's all for now fellow members. With today's update complete, I leave you all with a picture of Registeel

dpmfa379.png

Registeel:
    Spoiler:

Bonus Pic:
    Spoiler:

aspie3000

Unova Champion
    Years
  • Fighting wars with pokemon wouldn't be very efficient they are living creatures that sometimes wouldn't even listen to their masters as proven by the games , plus our weapons we have in this world would be better and more destructive than pokemon (except the legendarys which no one could catch) now I don't know how pokemon mechanics work compared to the real world but if it's anything like animals you could kill a charizard with a bullet, as for the pokemon with hides immune to bullets, it is proven that they can be poisoned so you could kill tyranitar and metagross with mustered gas, plus in the end US came up with the atom bomb which kills pretty much every pokemon (again excluding the legendarys) the radiation would even kill the ghost types, but it would be scary to see what Hitler would have done with pokemon, worst yet what if Stalin or Mao got ahold of them:paranoid:.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The only thing I find disturbing that hasn't been mentioned is Hydreigon's Black Dex entry:
    Bulbapedia said:
    This brutal Pokémon travels the skies on its six wings. Anything that moves seems like a foe to it, triggering its attack.
    Doesn't that also cause it to attack its friends too? I'm not sure if it attacks instinctively or if it does the attacking willingly.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2014
    The very first pokemon you mentioned, Porygon-Z - 'Porygon-Z can sometimes be seen shaking rapidly for a short time.'

Now, I like what you said, but here's what I found much more disturbing about it.

In season one of pokemon, there is a famously banned episode that featured Porygon and this episode caused thousands of Japanese children to have seizures, and in some cases become hospitalized, hence it's banning. I don't believe it was ever shown again.

Wait, what was Porygon-Z's Pokedex entry again...

Oh yes, 'Porygon-Z can sometimes be seen shaking rapidly for a short time.' Kinda like a seizure, huh?

.Marion

RNG Master
    Years
  • I agree with the Hydreigon and its evolutionary lines... Its pretty scary if you ask me. It has no mind of its own and pretty much move of its instincts alone which is kinda sad and scary. The only thing I wonder about is that why does it not attack its trainer? :P

Back