• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Divergent Challenge REBOOT

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    The Divergent Challenge

Introduction
    Welcome everyone, to my first challenge, a reboot, but still technically my first challenge, The Divergent Challenge! This challenge, originally created by James901, and rebooted by me, is based on the amazing book Divergent, written by Veronica Roth. I've read the book, and when I saw this Locked Challenge, I just knew that I couldn't let it die. So here it is everyone! I hope you enjoy it.

Rules
    1. You must complete a short quiz to find out which faction you belong to, the faction you get decides the kind of Pokemon you'll be able to use. These Pokemon also belong to your faction and you may only use them.
    If a Pokemon doesn't belong to your faction but evolves to a Pokemon that does then they are allowed, but if a Pokemon belongs to your faction but evolves into a Pokemon that doesn't then you are not allowed to evolve it.
    Alternate forms are interchangeable, meaning you can change back and forth as you please so long as changing form won't cause it to no longer belong to your faction. For example, if you are using Rotom as your Ghost type you may not change its form, but if you're using Rotom as your Electric type you may change it's form as you please.

2. There is one condition where you can use a Pokemon that doesn't belong to your faction. This Pokemon is the Divergent of your team and can be whatever Pokemon you want it to be, even a legendary. If it isn't catchable in your game or not catchable until after beating the Elite 4, you may hack or trade it in at after the 5th gym. It must be level 40 or lower. I know some Legendaries are unavailable at that level legally so you can trade those in at the lowest level possible, but if you're able to hack in the Pokemon you should have no problem lower the level.

3. Legendaries are not allowed unless they are your Divergent.

4. Hacking is permitted only under the following conditions. Hacking in one Pokemon, level 5 or under, of your faction in the beginning of the game is allowed only if the Pokemon you're hacking in is available before the 2nd gym, or unavailable until after the 4th. Hacking for evolution is perfection fine.You may also hack for Pokemon that belongs to your faction as long as they belong to the the same region Pokedex. For example, you're playing Pokemon Blue but Ekans is in your faction and you want to use it, you may hack a low level Ekans if you want.

5. Trading is permitted only under the following conditions. No Pokemon of you faction are available until after the 3rd gym and you are unable to hack one in, must be level 5 or under. Trading for evolution is perfectly fine. You may also trade for Pokemon that belongs to your faction as long as they belong to the the same region Pokedex. For example, you're playing Pokemon Blue but Ekans is in your faction and you want to use it, you may trade a low level Ekans if you want.

6. You must have a team of 6. 1 for each different member of your faction.

7. HM Slaves are allowed. Though must be boxed when not needed.

8. Playing a hack is completely acceptable, but total hacks (Pokemon Brown, Pokemon Light Platinum, etc.) will only count for single challenges. Hacks that feature existing regions, whether they are remakes or complete Pokedex hacks (Pokemon Blaze Black, Pokemon Expert Emerald) are acceptable for ultimate challenges but can only replace a game with the corresponding region.

9. The challenge ends when you defeat the champion, except in...
    Spoiler:

Ultimate Challenger must complete the challenge in one game of every region following the rules of the same faction.
    This can be done in any order you choose.

Optional Rules:
    1. Must nickname all Pokemon.
    2. If a Pokemon faints during initiation into the faction then its dead and you must catch another Pokemon to fill its role in your faction. Initiation ends at level 20.
    3. You only have a certain amount of points with your faction, so you can only buy a certain amount of items from each Pokemart. The amount is up to you.
    4. There are very few doctors in your faction, so you can only use each Pokemon Center a certain amount of times. The amount is up to you.
    5. Anything else you can think of.

Questions

Spoiler:

The Factions
    Spoiler:

Sign-up Form
    Username:
    Answers and Faction: (In Order)
    Challenge: (Single or Ultimate)
    Game(s):
    Team: (Optional)
    (If you are doing an ultimate its recommended you only post the team you're going to use for the game you're currently playing)
    Optional Rules?:

Please be sure to follow the form.

My Sign-up:
    Spoiler:

Challengers
    Spoiler:

Single Champions
    Spoiler:

Ultimate Champions
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    Would love to be the first person in this, SIGN ME UP!
    (I was thinking of rebooting this challenge anyway so thanks)
    P1 out, for now

Username: Polymus 1
    Answers:
    Spoiler:

Faction: Candor
    Challenge: Single (But I might change to ultimate)
    Game(s): Emerald (For Now)
    Team:
    Spoiler:

Optional Rules?: 1: Always Nickname Pokemon (Already Shown by my Team)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Of course you can be :3
    And thank you for being the first challenger besides myself!~

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2019
    Username: DaNewbInTown
    Answers: b, d, d, e, b, a, d. Well, I guess I'm in the Dauntless Faction...
    Challenge: Single (unless I get R/S/E, because I only need Hoenn. Then I would be doing ultimate, which I'll mention later if I get it...)
    Game: White 2 (for now)
    Team:
    Divergent: Kyle (Oshawott -> Dewott -> Samurott)
    Dark: Jack (Eevee -> Umbreon)
    Fighting: Manic (Riolu -> Lucario)
    Fire: Alex (Growlithe -> Arcanine)
    Steel: Distort (Magnemite -> Magneton -> Magnezone)
    Optional Rules: 1, 2, 3 (limit 10 items total per market)

This should cover it...

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2013
    Username: milkymew
    Answers and Faction: b b b b b b d... welp im definitely amity
    Challenge: single
    Game(s): not sure... platinum maybe???
    Team: divergent: Joy (happiny? > chansey > blissey)
    flying: Cherry (togepi > togetic > togekiss)
    grass: Galapagos (turtwig > grotle > torterra)
    ground: Rocky (sandshrew > sandslash)
    water: Wave (magikarp/feebas > gyarados/milotic)
    highest stat hp: girogiro (giratina)
    Optional Rules?: must nickname all pokemon

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • Xypher652 thanks for reviving my challenge, I'm happy to see people taking an interest in it. :D

Now for my sign-up cause I'd love to get back into this challenge.

Username: James901
    Answers and Faction: D, D, B, E, C, D, D. Once again I'm dauntless. :D
    Challenge: Single (For now)
    Game(s): BlazeBlack 2
    Team:
    Spoiler:

Optional Rules?: 1. Must nickname all Pokemon.

I'll be hacking in Shaymin after I get my 5th badge, the rest I will catch normally.

Quick question though, is it alright if I hack in a Gracidea with the Shaymin so I can change it's form?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Polymus, DaNewb; I hadn't noticed it until it was pointed out to me but you two are both lacking a member of your team.

Polymus1: You need one Pokemon who's highest stat is Speed
    DaNewb: You need one Pokemon who's highest stat is Attack

And milkymew Legendaries are not allowed unless they're your Divergent

And James you are definatly being added :3
    Almost forgot. Yes you can add the item in James

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: Luigi-San
    Answers and Faction: B, D, D, D, C, C, B (Dauntless)
    Challenge: Single
    Game: Crystal

Team:

Dark: Tyranitar
    Fighting: Poliwrath
    Fire: Charizard
    Steel: Steelix
    Attack: Ursaring
    Divergent: Vileplume

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • Here's my first update. :)

I started up my BlazeBlack 2, named myself James and left my rival as Hugh.
    I switched on challenge mode to give the challenge a bit more umph!
    I spoke to Bianca, chose Tepig as my started and named him Al.
    Beat Hugh and his Oshawott.
    Did all the PokeCenter lessons with Bianca, got the bike from mom, learned how to catch a Pokemon.
    Finally I can do what I want!
    I caught the second member of my team on route 19, Christina the Starly!
    Spoke with Alder.
    Caught the third member of my team on route 20, Eric the Mankey!
    Took me forever to find one...
    Beat my rival at Floccesy Ranch and saved the Herdier.
    Beat Alder's students.
    Went all the way back to Aspertia City and challenge Cheren.
    I lost big time! Due to stupid mistakes on my part his Cinccino and Munchlax just owned me!
    So I tried again but this time I played smart and got the badge!
    View attachment 68544
    Christina evolved into a Staravia after the battle!
    I then went to the PokeCenter, healed my Pokemon, and saved the game for now.

My Team:
    Spoiler:

Edit:
    Got my second badge.
    View attachment 68605
    Team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back