• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Doppelgänger [Dish #3]

Years
  • [css-div="background-color: #FFF380; padding: 25px; border: double; border-color: #0000; border-width: 17px; text-align: left; width: 600px;"]
    Beware of the Doppelgänger

You know those weird moments when you meet someone who is the spitting image of a person you already know? Well I experience that every Monday night when I go to teach a beginners dance class at a nearby town hall.

There's this young woman who comes in with her boyfriend (well it might be a fiancee since I think I saw a ring) every week and every week I am, without fail, shocked. She looks almost identical to a friend of mine that I went to high school with. There's only a few very, very small differences, it's like taking the usual "oh wow you look like" moments and magnifying the levels of weird by about a million. It's honestly a very disorienting experience.

The problem here, is that I really can't help but feel strange talking to her - especially because even her voice is similar. I find myself trying to look for differences a lot of the time, and whilst I try to be discreet when I catch myself doing that I'm positive it just comes off as creepy - and she's really nice and a source of income so I don't want to seem like a weirdo. What's worse, is that I'm positive that she and her boyfriend/fiancee have noticed these covert glances when I'm trying to find things different and I frequently notice them shooting amused glances at each other after. There's no possible way for them to know that's what's going on since I just can't find an appropriate time to bring it up. This leads me to the conclusion that they probably think I'm attracted to The Doppelgänger and unnaturally shy/weird/stupid. This in turn makes me try to avoid looking at this person unless I have to, which is probably twice as incriminating. I really need to explain the issue before it costs me money.

So yes, I seem to be en route to accidentally making an enemy out of my friend's clone's boyfriend who is also my client. Whose idea was it to give me that class? My boss has a lot to answer for.

Fun Facts About Clones
    Just sticking with the theme, enjoy.
    • The first animal to be cloned was a sea urchin in the 1880s, not a sheep in 1996 as is commonly believed. A scientist cloned the sea urchin using an embryo cell.
    • Dolly, the aforementioned sheep, was the first successfully cloned mammal. She was named after famous country singer, Dolly Parton.
    • The cloned cat, CC, looks nothing like it's genetic match.
    • The EU Charter of Fundamental Rights prohibits the reproductive cloning of humans as an illegal action.
    • 95% of animal cloning attempts fail
    • There is a company in South Korea that will clone your pet for you.

[/css-div]​

Back