• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Duo-Species Challenge! V.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
Years
  • The Duo-Species Challenge!
    - Approved By Sydian -

Welcome!

This Is Version 2 of the Duo-Species Challenge! Any old challengers must sign up again. Any Pokemon game and version may be used ( eg Red or Fire Red )
    Players must progress through the game using Pokemon from two seperate species.
    ( eg Charizard and Venonat )

Rules

1. No Trolling/Spamming/Annoying

[*]
      No Hacked Games
      [*]
      Only Hack For One Pokemon ONLY!​
      [*]
      Put Salamence In Your Sign-Up To Show You've Read The Rules.
      [*]
      You Must NICKNAME Your Pokemon
      [*]
      4 HM Slaves Are Allowed
      [*]
      Bring Any Pokemon Into The Elite 4 And Can Be Brought Out For Healing/Reviving.
      [*]
      You Cannot Revive Any HM Slaves
      [*]
      Challenge Ends After Beating - The Elite Four Twice, Red, Cynthia,
    The Sign-Up!

(Type Means Single Or Ultimate Run)

Name:

Game:

Type( Single Or Ultimate ):

Species :

Team Name:

The Challengers!

KANTO

Spoiler:

JOHTO
    Spoiler:
    Suicune™

エルフーン ☆

HOENN

SINNOH

UNOVA

Ultimate Challengers

These people are brave enough ( or have lots of spare time ) to complete every single game with the same pokemon, obviously they cannot complete a run through with Zoroark and Tepig but they still choose to do it.

The Winners Circle!

None So Far :(

-

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You didn't list your own sign up, but you confirmed to me that you would be participating. Make sure you do. I'm actually pretty strict about that rule, and this wouldn't have been approved had I not known you were going to participate beforehand.

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• Got Charmander- Blaze
    • Leveled It and Evolved It
    • After.... what seemed so long in Virdian Forest and so many dead bugs I found a PIKACHU! And reliased this wasn't FireRed and I had to buy my pokeballs
    • Then after more ranting to my best friend I found another Pikachu and caught it and called it Sparky!
    • Grinded for 5 minutes till it was level 16.
    • Beat Brock
    • Grinded
    • Beat Misty
    • Grinded
    • Beat Lt.Surge
    • Heading To Rock Tunnel
    • Couldn't See
    • Couldn't Be Bothered To Find Flash.
    • Slammed Into Walls
    • Currently Lost In Rock Tunnel

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Salamance ;).

I'll sign up for this!

Name: Suicune™

Game: Crystal

Type( Single Or Ultimate ): Single

Species : Rock & Normal (Onix; Rocky & Miltank; Millie)
    Team Name: Team Crystal

thenickel09

Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Well, since the old thread closed and I can't post my screenshot, I guess I'll post it here ^-^

I'll post my old sign up too I guess.

tl;dr ahead!

(I know this is out of context, but I never used HM slaves in battle in my first run, including E4, I don't think its fair because you have 2 Pokemon and thus can revive on another turn. I know one person isn't gonna change a rule but it irks me. Plus, I think that there should be a rule where you explicitly state what Pokemon you're using. Some people will say pikachu and charmander and then evolve them, so I think that you should put that people signing up should put the final form of the Pokemon they are using, unless they actually ARE using Pikachu and Charmander. I know I'm being really nit-picky, but eh....just my way of thinking :P And Salamence. Obviously I read the rules if I critiqued them ;) )

https://img268.imageshack.us/i/halloffamedscscreen.png/

^Old Challenge Screen for Team Greek

As for a new challenge, I'll be doing Kabutops and Ninetales on Ruby also. I'll be hacking them in on Route 101.

Name: TheNickel09
    Game: Ruby
    Type: Single (unless I change my mind...i'm very indecisive >.<)
    Species: Kabutops; Topless and Ninetales; Foxy
    Team Name: Team 5Cent (will probably use for all my teams, i'm also not very creative ^-^)

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I am currently in a paused state for my Duo challenge, having finished Kanto. I'm on Johto now. Would it be all right to just find all my updates from the old thread and repost them here in a spoiler? Because its not really fair to those of us who have done part of the challenge, we shouldn't have to do it again if we can prove that we did in fact do it.

If so, I'm using Porygon Z and Snorlax in an Ultimate Challenge... Which means that for the GSC and RSE leg, I have to use Porygon2 instead, since Z is unobtainable.

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
    Years
  • @ Myrhhman - Yes thats fine, I dont mind that. Btw check the rules

@thenickel09 - You can hack for one pokemon only. Not two as its not fair. Sorry for not putting it in the rules :S Um, I know what you mean but It took me ages to decide on what I wanted to choose.

thenickel09

Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    @ Myrhhman - Yes thats fine, I dont mind that.

@thenickel09 - Uh. No, you can hack for one pokemon only. Not two as its not fair.

BTW NOBODY HAS READ THE RULES....

What do you mean by not fair? It's not like I'm hacking them in at level 100 or anything, I caught them at level 2 on route 101....I just wanted to use those 2 pokemon on Ruby as I'm trying to do all of my Duospecies runs there. If its a serious problem I just won't play it at all...but whatever. Its cool. I understand. I'll respect those rules.

Last edited:
    Years
  • (Type Means Single Or Ultimate Run)

Name: Shake

Game: LeafGreen

Type( Single Or Ultimate ):Single

Species : Pidgeot and Primeape
    Team Name: Team Shake =P

Kanto 1:
    >Picked Squirtle
    >Beat Gary
    >Caught Pidgey on Route 1

Last edited:

Jakealot

A whole lot of Jake
    Years
  • First of all...I read the rules so "Salamence."

Name: Jakealot

Game: FireRed

Type( Single Or Ultimate ): Single (Unless I change my mind and want to do more?)

Species : Starmie, Star. Arcanine, Bud.

Team Name: America

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • salamence

The rule about hacking should only be considered for pokemon that can be found in the region. for ultimate challengers, those who end up doing B/W would have to wait until the E4 was defeated to catch their second pokemon (after hacking the first in), as no Kanto (or Johto or Hoenn or Sinnoh) pokemon can be found before then. I think that Ultimate challengers should have the ability to hack in the beginning as long as both their members can't be found in the wild of any game within a reasonable time frame (Gen III and on I would say). The idea is to use two pokemon, not one. Single runs should be excluded from this rule tho.

Also, I did a FR run with Absol and Gyarados in the old thread, and I never did get on the champions list, but I assume I wouldn't get on here.
    Would I have to start another one to get on this list?

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • Join in white

Pokemon:The fire pig and leaf monkey
    Species:fire and grass
    Challenge Type:single
    Team name:Team Migkey

Years
  • Kanto 2:
    >Caught Mankey n route 22
    >traveled through the Viridian Forest
    >Beat Brock

Current pokemon:
    Mankey LV11
    Scratch
    Leer
    Low Kick
    Karate Chop

Pidgey LV13
    Tackle
    Sand-Attack
    Gust
    Quick Attack

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
    Years
  • Everybody stop complaining about the rules, they are my rules and I won't change them so if you don't like it then don't bother doing the challenge, SIMPLE.

SHAKE - NOT ACCEPTED
    pokepokemo - NOT ACCEPTED

Read, The, RULES!

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Another quick question. The rules say challenge ends after beating the e4 twice, red, cynthia. For RB, beating them the second time is kind of pointless, since nothing changes besides your levels getting higher. Do you just mean for games where the e4 gets tougher the second time, beat them again?

Also, I've beaten this challenge a couple of times, might as well get credit for it... Here's the log and screenshots and salamence.
    Spoiler:

Edit number 2:

For the few of you challengers that will be participating in an Ultimate Duo-Species Challenge, I have compiled a few lists of Pokemon that are available in multiple regions. Since you are now only able to hack in one Pokemon, if you are doing an ultimate challenge, at least one of these Pokemon must be on your team. As jdthebud said, you can only do this challenge through Sinnoh, as NO Pokemon is available in Unova and any other generation. I guess four gens is enough for an Ulti.

Families of Pokemon available in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh (again, one of these must be on your team):
    Spoiler:

Families of Pokemon available in Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh:
    Spoiler:

Families of Pokemon available in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn:
    Spoiler:

Families of Pokemon available in Johto and Hoenn:
    Spoiler:

These lists were created by looking at a list of Pokemon in RSE and copying the ones from gen 1 into one category, and the ones in gen 2 in another. I then found a list of Pokemon in DPPt and using the first list made a separate list for those taken out of the fourth gen. There might be one or two mistakes, but for the most part, this list is accurate.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to intervene here. For the ultimate, people going on to Black/White can't obtain Pokemon not in the Unova Dex til after the Elite Four, so they can't use the teams they've been using all this time, therefore making it unfair to them. You're going to have to edit the rules to comply with hacking Pokemon in. This is partially my fault though, I should have made sure you were keeping in with the rules from the previous thread.

If you don't comply with this, I will have to put a lock on this one I'm afraid. Sorry, but it's unfair to those that put in the effort for the ultimate beforehand.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Because the fact that you restarted a challenge, but didn't give those that were already started on their ultimate challenges a fair chance because you barred them from hacking, which is something necessary for BW users. But alright then.

If anyone wants to make a new one, at least have rules that compensate for those that are doing an ultimate.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back