• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Duospecies Run!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Sorry about not updating in forever. The holidays kinda got in my way but I just completed this challenge today. I won't do a huge update 'cause I really don't feel like it but I've got screenshots as proof of my run of this challenge.

User Name
    : MareBear
    Trainer: Mary
    Game: LeafGreen
    Pokemon: Starmie / Nidoking

Badges:
    Boulder, Cascade, Thunder, Rainbow, Soul, March, Volcano, Earth

On my last update, I had gotten my 4th badge and I don't remember much after that since I haven't really played since today. However, I obtained the last 4 badges and had beaten my rival a few more times. I got to the Elite Four and suprisingly, they were a bit harder than I thought they would be but I was able to beat them, and then my rival Blue for the Pokemon League Champion title.

I have to say, this was a great challenge for me and I had a really good time with it. I may do an ultimate later but right now I have a few more things to work on before then. Until then, good luck with your challenges everyone!

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Final Team:
    Spoiler:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • BTW, Saiddun, I finished the Duospecies with Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee in Red that I mentioned in that VM to you. I have screenshots if you need 'em. Also, my updates for that are in the Special Pairs challenge thread, if anyone wants to see how it went. :P

Okay, so now that Crystal is done (and I don't have to keep editing the same post over and over again), on to Ruby. (I decided to use Ruby instead of Emerald, since it's much more easier to get Charmander and Pichu in.)

First Ruby Update:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Imma do an Ultimate Run.

Name: Myrrhman
    Game Name: A
    Pokemon: Hmm, let's do Snorlax and Porygon/Porygon2/PorygonZ. Nobody's using Pokemon like them.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'll try this out!

Game: Yellow
    Game Name: Joe
    Pokémon Using: Dewgong & Mr. Mime Magneton

Last edited:

Enigma

Years
  • Completed Ruby. Will move on to 4th gen tomorrow.

Not much to say, since I beat the game. But here's some screenshots.
    Spoiler:

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Updated! And InfernoRogue, I saw the screenshots already so I don't nee dthem.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Finished with Blue (or red, can't remember which I did this on)
    Started with a hacked in level 5 Porygon, soloed through 3 gyms, then skipped ahead to where I caught Snorlax. Abused TMs and here we are.

Final Team and Post Gary below.

The Duospecies Run!

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    my battery dried on sapphire, UGH!!!!!!!!!

looks like i wont be able to finish... sorry.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2017
    sign me up please

I would like to enter with poliwrath and lanturn
    i will be playing a slightly hacked version of sapphire

the only thinks i will change in this is that poliwrath will replace mudkip as a starter and a guy in littleroot will give me a (1) lanturn

Last edited:

L5Animations

Gamer & Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • UPADTE
    Sorry I haven't been around for a while, most of my progress I only just did today, but I should have plenty of time this week to make major progress, maybe even complete this challenge.
    Spoiler:

Enigma

Years
  • Okay, Pearl time.
    Spoiler:

Too lazy to post stats, xP

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Well, I've been doing a double run with Gyarados and Absol on FireRed for the Special Pairs Challenge. Can I use that here? I am currently on my way to Fuschia City from Lavender Town, and both Gyarados (Kraken) and Absol (Torcane) are at L40.

AnotherGuy

That guy across the street
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    I wanna join ill play Diamond (One game) and ill be using Vigoroth and Magnezone. Will start tomorrow morning. (Playing actual not on a emulator)

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I am going to enter this on HeartGold. My real game, and I have no idea what Pokemon I'll be using as I am trading two random eggs over from ages ago that I have forgot what is in them! xD will keep you posted when I start a new ame and hatch these eggs. :3

EDIT: It seems I will be entering with a Bannete and an Aerodactyl. :3

Last edited:

Enigma

Years
  • Ultimate Challenge complete.

Not much to say here, basically spent the entire day getting through the rest of Pearl. -_- I must have used a ton of Hyper Potions in the E4, but it was worth it.
    Proof.
    Spoiler:

I will also eventually do this with White version, but since for now the requirement is only 4th gen, I will focus on doing a few other challenges first.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Update: I'm in Victory Road.

Spoiler:

@Final Update: Beat Elite Four and Champion Bua.

Spoiler:

Team Dua:
    The Duospecies Run!

Torcane the Lax Absol, ♀ - L67 @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    Moves: Bite, Slash, Rock Slide, Ice Beam
    The Duospecies Run!

Kraken the Naive Gyarados, ♀ - L67 @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves: Return, Double-Edge, Surf, Earthquake

HM Slaves: Squirtle with Surf and Rock Smash, Pinky (Clefable) with Flash, Dig and Strength, and Ch'Ding (Farfetch'd) with Cut and Fly.

Last edited:

L5Animations

Gamer & Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • UPDATE
    (Gee.I don't do this too much, do I?)
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back