• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Easiest Way To Get Shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon1222

Grabbin some pillz!
Years
  • Im On The Hunt For A Shiny Pokemon, Any Shiny Pokemon But I Just Cant Find Any, Does Anyone Have Any Tips On How To Get Any Shiny Pokemon Without Restarting The Game?

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
    Years
  • no matter what you do, finding a shiny pokemon is always gonna be rare, and down to pure luck. the only ways to get them are either through being lucky and finding one in the wild, or by soft resetting.

the only 2 methods i know of that raise the chances of getting one are a method ive heard of that involves breeding pokemon from different countries (say, if you get a japanese ditto off the GTS). using this method, i think the chance is reduced to about 1 in ever 2000 pokes.

the only other method that gives a better chance of getting a shiny is getting a copy of diamond/pearl/platinum, and learning how to chain!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Catch red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage? :P

By far the most efficient way of getting shinies is RNG manipulation.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Soft resetting, chaining, breeding with shinies, trading (if your extremely tired of finding any wild ones :-P)

RocketAdmin.

Custom User Title. :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    Breeding with Shinies doesn't make more!
    You could use the Masuda method? PM me if you want to know about it. :)

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Soft resetting, chaining, breeding with shinies, trading (if your extremely tired of finding any wild ones :-P)
    You also can't chain in HG/SS due to the lack of a Poké Radar.
    So, in HG/SS, it's mostly dumb luck and soft resetting for the interactive ones (legendaries).

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    I heard once that if you catch a pokemon while the pokemon you are battling with has syncronize, the pokemon you catch will have the same nature as the syncronize pokemon. it might make it easier to catch shinies

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I heard once that if you catch a pokemon while the pokemon you are battling with has syncronize, the pokemon you catch will have the same nature as the syncronize pokemon. it might make it easier to catch shinies
    Nope, that only works with natures not shinies. :\

Anyway, this is pretty much answered already, so I'm just going to close and leave this saying to please use the HG/SS Help Thread for questions next time. Thanks.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back