• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Editor doesn't recognise a new encounter method

Deoxysomega314

And Egg
Years
  • So I'm following a combination of this and this, and I'm following the methods to a T, but I can't seem to get the new encounter methods to pop up in the Editor, and anytime I try to add some Pokemon with the new encounter method in the text file, I get this error and it's really starting to frustrate me because I feel like I'm missing something obvious. (I'm not adept at coding in any sense of the word).

Spoiler:
    All I'm trying to do is have a separate kind of grass (Long Grass), so it's not like it's a really detailed encounter method or anything. I just want to add a little more variety to my game.

I'm naming the method "MetalFloor" for right now because one of the tutorials has it named that and I didn't want to change anything out of fear of messing up.

If it helps, here is my PBTerrain script.
    Spoiler:
    And my PField_Encounters script as well.
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    I added a new method exactly like yours and I am in the same situation.

Everything works fine, but when the Editor compiles, it crashes. So if you need to use the Editor, you can always launch the playtest mode, force the game to compile, quit, and then launch the Editor (or use the ingame Editor).

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The Editor uses a different set of scripts than the ones you were editing. While it does use a lot of the same code, it will not be changed if you alter the main game's code. You'll need to make your changes to the Editor's scripts as well if you want to use it.

Deoxysomega314

And Egg
    Years
  • I added the new encounter method in the Editor Scripts and now everything's working as regards to that. Exceeeeept, now I can't have Land encounters and the new one on the same map. No encounters will happen unless I delete one or the other.

Back