• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The eight scariest things on the web

Rukario

Banned
Years
  • Where's Serebiiforums on that list?
    ahahahaha indeed sppf should be up near #4 or 5
    Lol, did anyone else expect this thread to have links to some creepy shock sites?
    yes, of course!
    I see no reference to 4chan. This list is clearly innacurate.

Seriously, though, would you say that AVG free is enough to prevent major infections? It scans daily but doesn't ever seem to find anything...
    no 4chan, no tubgirl, sad sad list

Guys, get (BUY) and use a quality AV and routinely scan your comp for malware with something like A Squared Anti-malware and Hijack Free.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • For me trojans and adwares are scary in fact anything that can affect my computer is scary even tracking cookies are scary and this is not a joke, that's why I have heaps of program that rename, remove, delete, quantine, block, move to vault (?), immune and so on, on my computer.
    One antivirus and one antimalware product are enough. Any more and they'll interfere with each others' operation and drag down your PC. I recommend Avast! for antivirus.

AVG is allright I guess but when I brought my new computer I brought norton just to be on the safe side

I guess im just lucky i've never had any virus thingy's
    Norton isn't any better than AVG, though thanks to a little bit of effort on their part recently, they're not worse than AVG anymore, either.

Seriously, though, would you say that AVG free is enough to prevent major infections? It scans daily but doesn't ever seem to find anything...
    Because it is. It may not be as good as Avast!, Avira, Kaspersky, or NOD32, but it will get the job done in most cases. If it doesn't ever seem to find anything, that most likely means you don't have a virus infection.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
  • Lol, did anyone else expect this thread to have links to some creepy shock sites?
    That was actually the first thing that came to my mind.

that's why people should use Macs
    Uhh..., no.

I have always wondered, why are parasites are ranked more that semi-parasites?

SmitfraudFix is the best free anti virus program out there. I used it since 2007 and never had any problems with it.
    https://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Macs can get each and every one of the things that I listed in the original post.
    Hate to sound like a Mac fanboy, but alot of the things on that list can't happen on Macs, or haven't been figured out yet.

For instance, Semi-parasites are virtually unknown on Macs :|

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Um V, I am a mac fanboy (who incidently has taken genius courses) and I can tell you that everything on the list can happen. While the chances of any of those things occuring is minimal, the possibility that it can happen is very legit.
    as for semi-transparent software, wouldn't Google adsense fall under that category?

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Hate to sound like a Mac fanboy, but alot of the things on that list can't happen on Macs, or haven't been figured out yet.

For instance, Semi-parasites are virtually unknown on Macs :|
    No, you are thinking of viruses, which are a completely different concept and are downloaded in a different way. The things I listed can be transported by means of a virus, yes, which would mean that Macs could not get these things. However, they can also move by P2P, additional software downloads, drive-by installation, running unauthorized scripts (rare on Macs but still possible), or just simple false advertising.

Semi-parasites are just a term to describe anything between a double agent and a parasite. So it is just a lack of usage of the term and not a lack of semi-parasites.

Back