• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Elder Scrolls: Online

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    The Elder Scrolls: Online

I know there's a thread about The Elder Scrolls here, however I want to speak about Online specifically given the Beta release. So who's looking forward to it? Has anybody had experiences with the Beta yet?

I personally just got my Beta key a few days ago, and am hoping to play tonight when the servers open for the stress test. I'm somewhat worried that the quests will be bland, but I'm hoping it breaks the usual MMO barriers and feels more like a traditional ES game, rather than a World of Warcraft copy.

Years
  • I'm not sure if I'll buy the full game with subscription. I have a WoW account, too, that I haven't played in months. If I had to make the choice, as of right now, I'd return to WoW. I guess I'll see how I feel at the end of the beta, though.

EDIT: Reading through about it, it does look pretty fun. Some exciting features planned!

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I got in earlier last year though I thought we couldn't share information with the public or was that a rule for earlier stages of Beta. I don't play it as much because I'm not an MMO addict anymore and I will not be paying a monthly subscription for it. Just give us Morrowind Remastered HD with more voice acting and Fallout 4 got that bethesda.

Years
  • Yep, NDA and whatnot. I'd like to offer my two cents, but... ;]

If they offer a free month or whatever for this game, I think it's worth checking out. I'm not exactly an MMO guy, outside of World of Warcraft... But this game looks pretty fun.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have a a WoW account at the moment. I will probably try ESO, but I do not know if it will beat WoW. I have tried many MMO's and I still have not found anything better than WoW, not even GW2 even though it is free. I don't mind the monthly fee. I assume the first month will be free with purchase which I will try.

I still have not yet gotten a beta invite... and I hear people getting 4+ invites each. Which is stupid. If this is how they plan to run things, I don't know how long I will play.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    It was fun but I don't see it being open for much longer than other MMO's based on SP games plus I don't want this games constant updates for quests and plot to lower the quality of the next TES game.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I haven't requested for beta access and I probably won't either.

Elder Scrolls Online looks and sounds so exciting but I'm afraid it's the subscription fee that has basically dismissed all possibilities of me playing it. Word is that eventually it will become free to play. I'm hoping this is the case because it looks like a fantastic game, something I'd really enjoy. It's just a shame about the subscription fees. (Remember we've got to pay the console subscription fees as well).

I do hope that the quests aren't bland and aren't a WoW like you said, because then that'd be really disappointing and would really break the winning streak the Elder Scrolls has had in regards to RPG-styled play. Multiplayer I can only guess will be great fun, but it will be interesting to see if they can emulate the single player experience - that has drawn so many players to the franchise - but with more players.

I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this one.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Don't plan on getting it.

1.) My computer could in no way handle The Elder Scrolls Online
    2.) I wouldn't wanna pay the monthly subscription though it looks really good. I enjoyed Skyrim and Oblivion a lot.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • I sign up for the Beta but still haven't gotten any words from Bethesda.

Would really play it and the monthly is just a little overboard for me but I can work my ways if it's a good game although I dislike some of the games features and some of the animations are so not MMO liky. :3

Still it's a great game and would definitely keep an eye on it.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I got my beta key yesterday. There are also beta keys up for grabs here.

I'm personally very excited about playing it this weekend. I will probably buy it if I do like it a lot.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • Pretty excited! I've been waiting for this to happen for awhile, I am gonna get a beta key eventually, I want to try it as soon as possible, and it better not have those stupid server issues like GTA V online did.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • I'm giving it a shot... will be going with the Nord/Dark Elf/Argonian alliance for sure... Will it keep my attention? I don't know that mostly depends on the Alliance Vs Alliance combat.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I tried the beta and I thought it was decent. My main drawback is the base $60 price. If it was just $15 a month or if the base price was cheaper I would probably consider buying it and playing for a few months.

I tried the PvP and didn't like it. In the beta I spent majority of my time questing and exploring. The combat felt just like Skyrim or Oblivion, which was expected. I didn't touch crafting much other than gathering crafting materials and selling them. I always play as the Argonian race in any Elder Scrolls game, and for whatever reason in my faction majority of the people I saw was an Argonian.

I don't see TESO lasting very long after its release. Even if it gets content updates, it needs to fix a lot of features to appeal to a wider audience.

Back