• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Elemental Monkeys!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
  • It was really useful for the first gym buttttttttttt i didnt use it afterwords cause i didnt really love simisear but i think these guys are really cute and theyre kinda powerful to. Simipour has taken down alot of my pokes with scald and simisage with seed bomb i cant say the same for simisear i just never really fell in love with it but Simisage would have to be my fav if i had to choose one just cause he always gives someone a thumbs up haha

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2020
    Well, on my Nuzlocke, my Pansear fainted during the first gym, so don't think I'll be using him :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm not a big fan of them, honestly. I'll concede that they can be very helpful for the first gym, but I don't find them very useful after that. When I went through and used every Unova Pokemon though, I did have the most fun using Simipour and that one did turn out much better than the other two. That being said, out of the trio, Panpour/Simipour are my favorite. I think Panpour's design is much cuter than Sage or Sear's (it's the eyes...let's be real) and while I'm not a fan of Simipour's design, it was fun to use in battle and became one of my best Pokemon in the game, so it gets a pass. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2015
    These Pokemon are definitely good early game Pokemon; adding diversity to your team which usually at this point only be made up of a starter, some normal types and maybe one other type (usually Flying or Bug, but in this case Dark) and while they might not hold up as much later on in the game (Though I have used a Simisage all the way through the Elite Four at one point), they're not meant to take on the champion. So as early game Pokemon, they've got my vote :) My favourite of the bunch would be more the Pansear and Pansage line, but not as big a fan of the Pour line; I can't really explain why too well...

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think their base forms are okay, but when they evolve they just look so stupid..

Simipour is the most forgivable and due to the lack of water Pokemon that were worth using/enjoyable I used it once and it managed alright. The other two I just cannot forgive.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I actually quite enjoyed the gimmick of them, it shows you that typings are very important as far as battling, and since a lot of new people start playing every gen it makes sense to cater for newbies. I also don't have a problem with their design (they're similar sure but it doesn't bother me), movepools or stats (since I play NU and PU, almost all Pokémon are viable). Simipour especially puts in work in the lower tiers due to it's decent Speed and Special Attack stats with access to Nasty Plot! Anyway I really liked the lil buggers is my point, enough with the rambling!

Back