• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Elemental Project

Kryos

Penguin King!
    Years
    RC and myself are working on a little project. We're making elemental trainers(younger and older versions), legendary pokemon, and a symbol/pokeball for each of them. You've seen some of these sprites before in RC's fakedex/sprite showcase, but there are a few more now. Finally, to explain the sheets. First, any sprite with the green background is credit to Rowen, and any sprite with the blue background is credit myself. Any sprite with a turquoise background(none in the trainers) is a collab.
    Ok then.
    The Elemental Project

Elementals
    From left to right: Annah, the Key. AJ, of Air. Elizabeth(Libby), of Water. RC, of Earth. Katie, of Fire. Kryos, of Ice. Mary, of Light. Garret, of Darkness. Jamie, of Thunder. Rachel, of Life
    The Elemental Project

Elemental Pokemon
    From left to right: Partron, Key. Procrine, of Air. Cascadra, of Water. Atlus, of Earth. Kirin, of Fire. Cyarctic, of Ice. Stara, of Light. Nameless, of Darkness. Hummbolt, of Thunder. Nameless, of Life
    The Elemental Project

Elemental Pokeballs
    From left to right: Key, Air, Earth, Darkness, Ice,
    Water, Fire, Light, Thunder, Life
    The Elemental Project

Elemental Symbols
    From left to right: Key, Air, Earth, Darkness, Ice,
    Water, Fire, Light, Thunder, Life

Last edited:

Rowen Cross

Master of the Air
    Years
    Yes Angel, she's supposed to be turning around. I have a new, better sprite for her that I'm going to give Kryos. I really don't know why he opened this instead of me. He rarely gets on and I'm able to make changes any time if need be. But whatever, I'll go and finish the Lightning elemental/pokemon. -RC

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    meh, some seem choppy, haqve too much black on them and and the anatomy is slightly off....the ninja he's my favorite...but he needs better outline shading...I'll do it if you want, part from that they're good

Kryos

Penguin King!
    Years
    The pokemon are up, Rowen made a new sprite of Aqua, the order has been re-arranged, and Mary shall be touched up within the coming week. The missing slots are in the process of being filled. That's all for now, ciao!

Hydraconis Requiseq-Hrael

The Derkesthai of Hraelis
    Years
    Your ideas are clever, but the names are bad; very bad. I have better luck with names rolling off of my head onto paper: Hydraconis, Hydraecon, Requiseq-Hrael, Sven La'fan, Mono D'tri, Vergenand-krel, Hergebran Volllenfralis, Soevanzoefuath, Mignafuafigatth, Meidis vo Aullisdir, Isuzuzusu, Mittwor Freisdonn, Hydraefacilium, Coniscenneliese, Requiesqois, Zwafell Elufunoiquil, Remtszei Gregnuul, Faun Neshael, Wrennfaliskraelindalismaleindenoqfreindeneigisnujulumvratthvirrmagnatthvirrgerkroignigpallasch of Ulm, and Werty.
    The Elemental Project
    But I do not recommend any of them for anything. All of the elemental trainers should have real, modest names, and for the pokemon, make a dozen internet searches on Greek, Norse, and Celtic mythology; maybe even Arabian. Please observe the following names that I have taken: Doppelgaenger (German legend), Cabal (Hebrew myth), Scylla (Greek myth), Zircon (mineral), Lich (Old English myth), Charybdis (Greek myth), Raven (Edgar Alan Poe), Pheonix (Egyptian myth), Roc (Arabian myth), Wyvern (Medieval Heraldry), and Hel (Norse myth).

Rowen Cross

Master of the Air
    Years
    Hydraconis Requiseq-Hrael said:
    Your ideas are clever, but the names are bad; very bad. I have better luck with names rolling off of my head onto paper: Hydraconis, Hydraecon, Requiseq-Hrael, Sven La'fan, Mono D'tri, Vergenand-krel, Hergebran Volllenfralis, Soevanzoefuath, Mignafuafigatth, Meidis vo Aullisdir, Isuzuzusu, Mittwor Freisdonn, Hydraefacilium, Coniscenneliese, Requiesqois, Zwafell Elufunoiquil, Remtszei Gregnuul, Faun Neshael, Wrennfaliskraelindalismaleindenoqfreindeneigisnujulumvratthvirrmagnatthvirrgerkroignigpallasch of Ulm, and Werty.
    The Elemental Project
    But I do not recommend any of them for anything. All of the elemental trainers should have real, modest names, and for the pokemon, make a dozen internet searches on Greek, Norse, and Celtic mythology; maybe even Arabian. Please observe the following names that I have taken: Doppelgaenger (German legend), Cabal (Hebrew myth), Scylla (Greek myth), Zircon (mineral), Lich (Old English myth), Charybdis (Greek myth), Raven (Edgar Alan Poe), Pheonix (Egyptian myth), Roc (Arabian myth), Wyvern (Medieval Heraldry), and Hel (Norse myth).

I think the names are fine. I'm talking to Kryos about changing Aqua's name later, but the rest are already "modest names". We wanted our elementals to be normal people, so wouldn't they need normal names? Find me one person ion this world named any of those you listed, and maybe we'll change them. But that's just crazy talk besides. But thanks for the suggestion! And what do you mean, "masket fusion"? -RC

Rowen Cross

Master of the Air
    Years
    Well we've finally finished the trainers. Take a look. Oh and we changed Aqua's name to Mariah. Another name payed tribute to someone(not Mariah Carey). The Dark pokemon is coming soon! -RC

Years
    Your creations are amazing. I can tell that much work has been put into this, but I feel that such a project should not be neglected. Isn't there more you can do to breathe life into these characters? First, I would like to know how you came up with the names. I am sure that you were wise with your search.

Rowen Cross

Master of the Air
    Years
    Actually dude, thanks for the cred, but our "search" is in no way "extensive".
    Procrine- A variation of Procne, gigantic eagle thing.
    Cascadra- Ask Kryos
    Atlus- Well that's pretty obvious.
    Kirin- Some legendary soldier who rode on a really big fire cat.
    Cyartic- Ask Kryos
    Stara- Ask Kryos
    No name for the Dark one yet...
    Hummbolt- Hummingbird+thunderbolt

Oh, and currently, we're working on older versions of the elementals. Because that's what we need now for the story behind this whole thing. Only two more to go! Also, Procrine's tail never set right for me, so i messed with it a little.

Last edited:

Years
    Yes, I am familiar with the Greek myth of Procne. She was transformed by the Olympic gods into a nightingale, her sister was changed into a hoopoe, and Procne's husband, Tereus, was changed into a hawk. As for the other creatures...
    Cascadra: Cascade+Dragon/Hydra.
    Atlus: There are much better ideas than this one. You cannot be any more creative?
    Kirin: In other legends, is a hooved monster who represents all animals with fur, punishes sinners, is associated with many mythological capabilities depending on the story (including fire breath), is thought to be wreathed in flames, also called the Qilin, and is thought to be the root word for "giraffe." The Pokemon Ponyta and Rapidash are probably based on this legendary beast.
    Cyartic: Cyan+Arctic.
    Stara: I suppose is a spoof of the word "star." I dislike spoofs.
    Nameless: My favorite area, darkness, demonology, pagan myths, conspiracies, secrets, ritualism, hermeticism, alchemy; dark, horrific literature, and yet nothing comes to mind?
    Hummbolt: As you said, Hummingbird+Bolt.

Some of this work is carefully done, and I do like the monsters, themselves, but the names could still use much more improvement. I thought you could explain them all, but I suppose I managed to guess for myself, but you did help to refresh my memory of the story of Procne.

Rowen Cross

Master of the Air
    Years
    Hydraconis, thanks for the comments, and I really do appreciate it. But dude, lay off the names. I'm letting Kryos name the Dark one, since it's his and all. As for the rest of them, you are certainly welcome to suggest different ones, but I can tell you we more than likely will not change them.

Megafuz, that is where I got the idea from. I didn't mean to "straight up jack" it. I guess if you have that much of a problem with it, I could change it a bit.

And finally, Rikku-chan, thank you.

The new trainers are coming in the next few days. -RC

Back