• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Elimination Challenge!

hyperblast81

Thou who art Baylife
Years
  • Alright, look. I had about 20 minutes of typing lost to ..something,

So don't think this is the quality you'll get for the rest, the rest will be longer.. Ugh.

-Started Game
    -Named self Antwon (Joke between me and IRL friends)
    -Named rival Jordan
    -Did early game boring crap
    -Picked Piplup as starter
    -Named him Riptide

-Went to Sandgem, got pokeballs.
    -Went to Jubilife, got Poketch and fought rival the first time. Won after about 5 minutes of Pound and Bubble spamming
    -Got to Oreburgh, caught Primal the Machop.
    -Did the events at the Coal Mine

-Had a decent Gym Leader seperate post that I lost.. at least for how simple of a gym that it was.

The team so far:

Riptide, the Timid Piplup (Good nature is good)
    moves: Pound, Bubble, Peck, Growl
    Rating: 8/10 so far, does what he needs to, and does it well, can't wait for a better STAB attack!

Primal, the Lonely Machop
    Moves: Low Kick, Karate Chop, Focus Energy, Leer
    Rating: 10/10 so far: Has done everything I wanted him to do and more. Probably because he's had a type advantage against all of it! I hope he stays for the long haul so I can make him Machamp!

Well, that concludes the first update, stay tuned folks!

PS: If you want to know what happened, I'm not sure, I just typed it out, clicked publish, and only the 'Team' part of the post was there.. not sure what's up with that..

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    Hyperblast81, I have no idea what could of happened but I look forward to your future updates! Surprised you picked Piplup though. Good luck to you and yuki3056

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2011
    Here's my first update:

Started a new game. Obtained my first Pokemon, Vulcan the Torchic, that's the first of ten types down and nine to go.Had a good fight with may almost lost (thank arceus I didn't). Got my pokedex after waiting my whole life to get it. Got my second Pokemon, Patrick (pat for short) the poochyena, so that's two out of 10. After a little bit (30 minutes) I finally found a ralts and caught it. So now I have 3 out of ten.Finally got to petalvlburg and went to see my father. Wally showed me how to catch Pokemon. Then i was off to the first gym leader.Patrick died against a lv.7 zigzagoon. Too bad I didn't like him anyway. But he was avenged by my lv 6 Artemis.Got to rustboro City and trained Artemis and Vulcan for the gym. Vulcan evolved into combusken and now have 4 types. Challenged Roxanne. Artemis died from geodudes critical rock tomb. So I now have 1 Pokemon and 6 types left. Vulcan double kicked his way too victory.

Team:
    Vulcan - Combusken lv 17
    Ember
    Peck
    Double Kick
    Growl

Dead:
    Artemis - Ralts - Lv 16
    Patrick - Poochyena - Lv 5

Types Used:
    Fire
    Fighting
    Psychic
    Dark
    4/10

Last edited:

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
  • UPDATE 1!
    -Did all the boring starting a new game blabber
    -Named rival oakster for no reason
    -Chose Charmander
    -Nicknamed it Chartastic lol
    -Caught myself a Pidgey after getting balls haha named it falk after a certain gym leader
    -Caught myself a Mankey named it Fisticuff :D
    -Grinded team to lvl 7 before cutting game off

Current team:
    Chartastic lvl 7
    Falk lvl 7
    Fisticuff lvl 7

Types being used:
    Fire
    Flying
    Fighting

Types eliminated:
    None so far lets hope I keep it that way had a close call with fisticuff lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2011
    Second Entry:
    Arrived in Dewford Town,went straight to the cave and caught Juggernaut the Aron.Then i gave the parcel to Steven.Attempted Second Gym. Got to brawly but his Makuhita bet my Vulcan and Juggernaut. So i guess thats GAME OVER

Team
    Empty

Deaths
    Artemis - Ralts - Lv 16
    Vulcan - Combusken - Lv 18
    Juggernaut - Aron - Lv 15

hyperblast81

Thou who art Baylife
    Years
  • Just played a short little session today.

So let's recap on the few events of today's Pokeymanz..

-Ran into Jordan as i was exiting Oreburgh City
    -Ran into Team Galactic for the very first time up north of Jubilife
    -Riptide evolved after the battle and learned Metal Claw!
    -Went up the route between Jubilife and Floaroma taking out all the trainers in my way with Primal.
    -Reached Floaroma, healed up, got the TM for Pluck from that little girl and saved for the night.

The Team so Far:

Riptide the Timid Prinplup
    Moves: Bubble, Growl, Metal Claw, Peck
    Level: 16
    Rating: Same as before. Not much changed besides gaining a bit more type coverage.

Moves: Karate Chop, Low Kick, Leer, Rock Smash
    Level: 16
    Rating: Not much has changed besides a few levels higher and replacing Focus Energy for Rock Smash, as I needed it to progress.

Alright, so.. I really don't know what to catch next. I haven't played platinum in such a long time so i've forgotten what I have access to. Any reccomendations? All I have planned for sure is that I want to get Houndour as soon as possible..

Hacki101

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    Alright, so.. I really don't know what to catch next. I haven't played platinum in such a long time so i've forgotten what I have access to. Any reccomendations? All I have planned for sure is that I want to get Houndour as soon as possible..

Shinx would be a good choice if you can train him up. Otherwise, Parichisu (spelling) is a good defensive choice. Also, Buneary and Misdreavus(in Pearl anyway) are decent choices not too far away. Also, Gible is found in the secret cave under the cycling bridge :)

Second Entry:
    Arrived in Dewford Town,went straight to the cave and caught Juggernaut the Aron.Then i gave the parcel to Steven.Attempted Second Gym. Got to brawly but his Makuhita bet my Vulcan and Juggernaut. So i guess thats GAME OVER

Team
    Empty

Deaths
    Artemis - Ralts - Lv 16
    Vulcan - Combusken - Lv 18
    Juggernaut - Aron - Lv 15

Unlucky, will you be trying again??

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I think I'm going to try this. But I probably won't be playing until tm or tonight.

Name: cbd98
    Game: FireRed
    Opt Rules: 2 and 3

But I'm thinking Bulbasaur as a starter, Pikachu in Forest, Growlithe at route 7, lapras from the employee, chansey/kangkaskan in safari zone, and dratini in safari zone or game corner. by the end of the game, i'll try to have this team.

EDIT: I had a little time to start. my achevements are in the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hacki101

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    But I'm thinking Bulbasaur as a starter, Pikachu in Forest, Growlithe at route 7, lapras from the employee, chansey/kangkaskan in safari zone, and dratini in safari zone or game corner. by the end of the game, i'll try to have this team.

Good luck keeping them all alive, I would advise maybe catching a Mankey at the start for extra support. Anyway, I have added you to the Challengers list.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    kk here's an update:
    grinded yellow
    went through forest
    beat brock
    got running shoes
    evolved "Green..." into ivysaur
    entered mt. moon
    almost lost "Yellow..." he had 2hp on a critical hit... that was close...
    got the dome fossil
    made it out, healed in cerulean.

lol i'm not gunna get to many people on my team until later. but i have a lvl 21 ivysaur and a lvl 22 pikachu right now. im gunna go have dinner.

EDIT: more stuff...
    beat misty with 1hp on pikachu... love luckyness
    beat the team rocket guy
    made it to vermillion with pikachu at 1 hp again... pikachu loves to scare me

Last edited:

hyperblast81

Thou who art Baylife
    Years
  • Another short gameplay session.

So I played for a little while again, and here be the results.

-Loaded game up in Floaroma, make one last round to make sure I got everything
    -Head over and beat the grunt guarding the entrance to the Valley Windworks, and the coward locks the door.
    -Head into the grass and catch my next pokemon, A Shinx!
    -Named him Overload and started using.
    -Head on over to the Meadow and using the good ole switch in and out method slowly started to get Overload caught up.
    -Successfully rescued the Honey man and recovered the Windwork's key!
    -Took out Mars' 2 grunts and then engaged in a battle with her.

Mini-boss: Galactic Commander Mars:

-So I led off with Overdrive against Zubat and switched out to Riptide as she landed the Toxic.
    -I hit it with a few Bubble's and then decided the toxic was hurting too much and healed it.
    -Finished off Zubat with a critical Bubble from half health.
    -Purugly came out and I switched to Primal (I'm still on shift)
    -I'm thinking, "Well, this things fat, lets hit it with a Low Kick" and yeah, it does about 66%, activating the Oran Berry.. ON THE SECOND TURN!
    -It hits me for about 30% of my health with Fake Out and another 30% with Scratch the next turn.
    -At this point, I don't want to risk dying to a crit, so I do some Potionspamming (It did about 16-18 damage so I slowly gained health)
    -When I was finally at the point where I thought I could survive a crit, I finish off Purugly with a Karate Chop!

-Team Galactic leaves and I head back to town to heal, and then accidentally fight the first trainer on the route to Eterna, where I beat his Ponyta.
    -Afterwards, I quickly fight a Shellos in the grass with Overload and OHKO it with Spark.
    -Ding! Level 15. Goodbye Shinx! Hello Luxio!
    -Save and stop for a while.

The Team so Far:

Riptide, the Timid Prinplup
    Ability: Torrent
    Moves: Peck, Bubble, Metal Claw, Growl

Analysis: 6/10: Getting worse and worse as I go on, He really needs a better water attack than Bubble. It should be cool when I get BubbleBeam though.

Ability: No Guard
    Moves: Low Kick, Rock Smash, Karate Chop, Leer

Analysis: 9/10: Can do whatever he freakin' wants! No but seriously, he's solid, he can hit even resisting targets for a good 2 / 3 hit KO. Can't wait for Machamp.

Overload, the Jolly Luxio (What is it with these good natures!?)
    Ability: Rivalry
    Moves: Spark, Charge, Tackle, Leer

Analysis: ?/10: Was extremely frail before evolving, perhaps evolution has changed that fact. Only time will tell.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2013
    Hey,im going to do this
    Name - Ganton
    Game - Fire Red
    Optinal Rules Used - 2
    LETS DO THIS,Squirtle has been earned water is out!
    Now since both types in Route 1 are part normal and I already have a normal type planned,im not taking either.
    Well,nevermind got poisoned four times and before going to the pokecenter,squirtle died. Game over.

Zeus2398

God
    Years
  • I'll sign up for an Ultimate, but won't play/update until I finish my UMC electric, so, yeah:

Name: Zeus2398
    Games: Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black
    Optional Rules: 5

So will start at some point in the near future, but not yet

EDIT: Am starting now, but I might not be frequently posting, since this is not the only challenge. Won't be an update for a while

EDIT 2: Am gonna postpone this for a while, to finish my UMC off. I like to have all my time devoted to one challenge

Last edited:

hyperblast81

Thou who art Baylife
    Years
  • Just lost in the most embarrassing way possible

So I was going through Eterna Forest with Cheryl, using Riptide. The first set of trainers was a Pachirisu and Beautifly. I quickly Metal Claw the Pachirisu, forgetting it was electric. You guess what happens next.

Pachirisu used Spark.
    Its super effective
    A critical Hit!
    Riptide fainted.

At this point, I'm in some kind of rage, I send in Primal and he gets parahaxed to death by spark and gust..

Then, I finish off the fight with Overdrive, and on my way back to Floaroma to give the dead a proper burial, I forgot I had skipped a hiker, and he fights me with a Geodude that I can do NOTHING to (I dont have Bite yet). So I try and spamtackle it down but it wins the tackle fight (Out of items from Mars, forgot to restock.)

GG game.. GG.

Hacki101

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    I have added Zeus and Ganton to the Challengers list, and Ganton will also be put onto the failures list along with hyperblast81. Seems this challenge is harder than expected. Anyway, I had lost my r4 for a week or so but have new just found it so I can resume my challenge :)

PS. I would love some more updates/challengers ;)

EDIT: Just beat Elesa with a Work Up boosted Return from Herdier

Last edited:
    Back