• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Elite 4 butt-kicking team? (Alpha/Omega)

Years
  • I'm just curious as to what people used to defeat the Elite 4. After having my butt totalled by the first guy, I realised my team is hilariously weak, so I'm looking for potential alternative teams.

This is my butt-kicking(?) team:

Skitty lvl 44
    Mightyena lvl 46
    Swampert(mega) lvl 51
    Plusle lvl 48
    Latias(mega) lvl 46
    Sableye(mega) lvl 37

Sableye and Latias aside, the first 4 have been my team throughout the whole game.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I don't know which Pokemon are available in ORAS, but Skitty and Plusle are not very good choices to battle the Elite Four. Skitty's evolution has a lousy Base Stat Total as well as Plusle. Keep in mind also that you will be facing the Champion Steven right after the Elite Four. Any Fire-types or Ground-types that specialize in special moves are you best friend against Skarmory and Mega-Metagross, Steven's most powerful Pokemon. Houndoom is the best choice as it is immune to Zen Headbutt. Any Fighting or Steel type can make short work of Cradily, and a fast Ice-type such as Sneasel can take down those Dragons in Drake's battle.

So in short
    *Replace Skitty with a Fire-type
    *Replace Plusle with a Steel/Fighting-type
    *Replace Mightyena with Sneasel

Murt93

Battle Amateur
    Years
  • I'm just curious as to what people used to defeat the Elite 4. After having my butt totalled by the first guy, I realised my team is hilariously weak, so I'm looking for potential alternative teams.

This is my butt-kicking(?) team:

Skitty lvl 44
    Mightyena lvl 46
    Swampert(mega) lvl 51
    Plusle lvl 48
    Latias(mega) lvl 46
    Sableye(mega) lvl 37

Sableye and Latias aside, the first 4 have been my team throughout the whole game.

It has been the same since the days or red blue and yellow levels+coverage>strategy or typing. Just level up swampert and or latias to 57-60 make sure they have decent coverage, no point in having two moves of the same type etc basic stuffs. Many people have said that I play pokemon "wrong" but generally the easiest and fastest way to run through a game is to only use your starter(or a single pokemon). Though with the exp mechanics things have changed the idea is still the same. having one pokemon 10-20 levels higher than your opponent makes things so much easier plus if it dies you have 5 other pokemon you can switch out to and then use revive on it.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Personally I'd replace Skitty, Plusle, Latias, and either Sableye or Swampert. Not much point having more then one mega on a team when you can only use one per battle. Also I've never understood the appeal in using legendaries, they tend to be over powered.

Anyway, some suggestions I'd make would be:
    Replace Latias with Flygon, the ground/dragon combo can help against Drake and Steven.
    Replace Skitty with something more speed/attack focused, maybe get a poison type involved.
    Replace someone with a fire type, it'll help big time.
    Also find a way of getting a fighting type, you'll be glad you did. It can help against 3 of the 5 battles, especially the first one. Or go for a fairy type as well, both will be good against the first member, plus the fairy type would be good for the dragon team.

Years
  • A strong Fairy type (Great against Sydney's Darks and Completely Bulldozes Drakes Dragon team, My Gardevoir sweeped Drakes team without taking any damage).

A Strong Fighting Type. (They are great against Sydney's Darks and Galacias Ice types but most impoetantly against all Stevens Pokemon apart from Skarmerys and Mega Metagross).

A strong Dark or Ghost type (In order to take out Phoebes Ghosts, Galacias two froslass but most importantly to finish off Stevens Mega Metagross).

Something to that can one hit KO Stevens Skarmary (powerful Physic or fire user is a good option) especially if your relying on a Fighting type to deal with the rest of Stevens Pokemon and to stop him laying spikes.

So keep Latias and Sable eye and Mightyena but you will want these guys at least level 60 just so their more powerful than everyone elses. Keep Swampert if you want but dont rely to much on him, Get rid of Skitty and Plusle. For A Fairy, fire or Dark type.

Back