• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Elite Army [IC] [Best Rookie Q2 '12]

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Drew Mason
    Gardevoir [Mary], Altaria [Mr. Puff], Milotic [Lulu], Ms. Roro [Roserade], Aggron [Tiki], and Beautifly [Soul]
    Goldenrod Department Store (Roof)

The redhead had turned his attention towards Mason. The pokemon that was with him looked shocked and sniffed his legs. Drew crouched and brought out a free hand. No doubt that the pokemon was shocked when it didn't notice Drew at all. The redhead didn't seemed too concerned either.

"Jake," He said softly. The yellow spiked up pokemon had turned its head to its trainer before walking to its side. Drew stood up and the cute redhead seemed to be studying him, "Hello."

"Yes hello."

There was a pause before the redhead continued, "You're... Drew right? You feel like that's your name... and I don't think anyone else fits it. Sorry I took so long to respond. That was rude of me. My name is Rae and it's a pleasure to meet you." He bowed slightly before holding out his hand for him to shake.

Drew was a bit shocked. He hadn't told this boy his name yet. His shock overtook him and before he knew it he was pointing at Rae like the dude from Phoenix Wright and blurted out, "You're a psychic!"

When it had come out he quickly clamped his mouth. He shook as he worried that the Rae would find him annoying. He didn't want that. He wanted to be friends with him and not some annoying tag along or just annoying. He hoped he didn't find him annoying.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

Angel Bernadette Valentine
    Goldenrod City Dept. Store

Milotic (Molly), Kirlia (Kylie), Delcatty (Bella), Froslass (Frosty), Flygon (Buzzle) Breloom (Loomy)

It was getting a bit awkward for Angel, more people started to come in. As the Juggler asked her about something, she nodded...but she didn't pay much attention to what she actually asked. She simply nodded.

She wanted to stay with the juggler and the cute red-haired guy, but she didn't feel like part of it. It takes a while for her to warm up. She saw a few more members arriving the scene, especially a bald man, who managed to approach up to the red-haired boy. She guessed that he was a psychic, as he guessed the man's name. As she started to glance at the other members around the rooftop, she managed to turn around and face Bella and Kylie, who were sitting down bored.

"Bored, you guys?"

"Kirrrrlia." Kylie responded.

"I know...I'm...just too shy to meet others." she whispered. "I'm here for the mission, not to mingle, that's absurd!"

Then, out of nowhere, a dark-skinned, white-haired trainer with a black & green jacked stormed out of the door and into outside. "Sorry I'm late, guys!" He shouted. But it seemed like most have ignored. Angel didn't. She got a bit startled by the shouting, as if something had happened. She turned around to see the trainer, who was about to lean aganist a wall and close his eyes. With a bit of bravery and confidence, she came up to the trainer slowly.

"You're not late, I guess there's a few more members coming up here. Hiro told us that he'll wait for a few more minutes." Angel said as Bella purred right beside her. She was hoping this trainer wouldn't bite her. All she's trying to do is to talk.​

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Hiro Kazuma
    Samurott (Sam), Zoroark (Zoro), Sawsbuck (Buck), Galvantula (Gal), Garobodor (Garbo), Swoobat (Swoo)
    Goldenrod Department Store Roof - Goldenrod City, Johto

After a few minutes of allowing everyone to gather around at the rood of the Goldenrod City Department Store, Hiro began his speech about what was to happen with the formation of this army.

"First and foremost, I want to thank all of you for coming here today. I know each of you have busy schedules and things that you want to accomplish but your current placement right here definitely is of a greater importance. This entire situation is bigger than any of us and your help will be greatly appreciated to the entire world," Hiro stood in front of them, standing on top of a platform so that he could look over at everybody. "This entire situation started with the assassination of an Elite 4 member. I'm sure you all know who Bruno is, the late Fighting-type master of the Kanto region. His death was very mysterious and many believe that it is the subject of fowl play. The only thing that everyone knows for sure is that a bloody red R was painted over his chest. Many believe that it has something to do with Team Rocket, but according to League officials, Tema Rocket hasn't been active in almost a decade. No sign of Team Rocket has been spotted in ten years, but they are not ruling them out. All fingers point to Team Rocket, but the evidence isn't sufficient."

Hiro took a breath as he let everyone soak that thought in, "The evidence is insufficient because of how clean the murder was. Team Rocket was notorious for leaving sloppy clues and such behind, but this murder was just too clean, leading many to believe that this is a cover up for a different organization. Possibly a former Rocket member or perhaps a protege. No one knows." Hiro turned his back as he looked out yonder at the city of Goldenrod, "I've spoken to all of the regional professors about the matter and they agree with what I am doing, however they don't have the.... time to help us out. Therefore, I've taken matters into my own hands in figuring out what the hell is going on in this world." He looked to them again, seeing the questions on their face, "Any questions before we started?"

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Candis Nortez
    Dusknoir[Hunter]-Gallade[Jojo]-PorygonZ[Toto]-Staraptor[Dj]-Carnivine[Luigi]-Luxray[Mario]
    Goldenrod Department Store Roof​

"First and foremost, I want to thank all of you for coming here today. I know each of you have busy schedules and things that you want to accomplish but your current placement right here definitely is of a greater importance. This entire situation is bigger than any of us and your help will be greatly appreciated to the entire world," Hiro spoke out, Candis happily smiling as she listened to every word.

"This entire situation started with the assassination of an Elite 4 member. I'm sure you all know who Bruno is, the late Fighting-type master of the Kanto region. His death was very mysterious and many believe that it is the subject of fowl play. The only thing that everyone knows for sure is that a bloody red R was painted over his chest. Many believe that it has something to do with Team Rocket, but according to League officials, Tema Rocket hasn't been active in almost a decade. No sign of Team Rocket has been spotted in ten years, but they are not ruling them out. All fingers point to Team Rocket, but the evidence isn't sufficient." She turned to glance at the others. Is it possible to defeat them with this little group? She never stopped to really think about it.

"The evidence is insufficient because of how clean the murder was. Team Rocket was notorious for leaving sloppy clues and such behind, but this murder was just too clean, leading many to believe that this is a cover up for a different organization. Possibly a former Rocket member or perhaps a protege. No one knows." She turned to face Hiro again, wondering about all of this.

"I've spoken to all of the regional professors about the matter and they agree with what I am doing, however they don't have the.... time to help us out. Therefore, I've taken matters into my own hands in figuring out what the hell is going on in this world." He looked to them again, seeing the questions on their face, "Any questions before we started?"

"Pfft, no time?" she blurted out after he ended. 'They really don't want to help or they seriously are busy...or neither. The infinite possibilities, oh joy,' she thought to herself. "Well, I surely got no questions," she spoke out, glancing at the others. "Don't know about the others." Toto flew towards her, sitting on her head as he tried to rest. He's had a good day so far, and he quite enjoyed it. He too heard the whole speech, able to memorize lectures. This gave her an advantage. "Zzzzz," he let out, starting to sleep.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Rae Sage
    Ninetales (Nana), Jolteon (Jake), Aerodactyl (Andre), Kanghashkan (Kanna), Starmie (Celia), Scizor (Sai)
    Goldenrod Department Store Rooftop, Goldenrod, Johto

Jake made a snuffling noise, amused by the possibility of Rae being a psychic. He didn't think Rae had any chance of that... maybe. Supposedly he was some kind of Ranger Hero, but those were supposedly two different things. Jake hadn't paid any attention to titles the day he hatched and he knew Nana cared for the human ranking system as much as Rae did. So he would never get an answer. Anyway, this poor man... he seemed... anxious. Though when you likely couldn't be sensed by people right next to you, Jake supposed that possibility was right terrifying as well.

Rae gave Drew a merry smile. "Nope but you just confirmed it for me." He let out a sheepish little laugh, scratching the back of his head freely. "I didn't see you earlier and I heard Hiro say the name Drew... so I saw you and decided to take a guess. Lucky me I was right that's all." His mouth twisted playfully. "I hope me not being psychic doesn't influence our friendship."

Before Drew answered, Rae cocked his head to listen to Hiro speak. He frowned about Bruno. It was rumored somewhere that the physical regimen in the Ranger Academy was based on moves he fought with. The poor man. How he had been killed though was quite... unsatisfactory. The simple straightforwardness was enough to cow any normal person. That was likely why Hiro's idea wasn't supported. Even though the male said they simply didn't have time, Hiro could guess better.

"They don't want to bid on an idea that seems to them like a too risky gamble..."He muttered these words so soft that he was surprised they left his lips at all. Jake licked the male's burnt hand. Rae glanced at Hiro. He just wondered how well they would all click together. There was a reason teams took time.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Drew Mason
    Gardevoir [Mary], Altaria [Mr. Puff], Milotic [Lulu], Ms. Roro [Roserade], Aggron [Tiki], and Beautifly [Soul]

Rae gave Drew a merry smile. "Nope but you just confirmed it for me." He let out a sheepish little laugh, scratching the back of his head freely.

"I didn't see you earlier and I heard Hiro say the name Drew... so I saw you and decided to take a guess. Lucky me I was right that's all." His mouth twisted playfully. "I hope me not being psychic doesn't influence our friendship."

"Hmm, that's --"

"I want to thank all of you for coming here today. I know each of you have busy schedules and things that you want to accomplish but your current placement right here definitely is of a greater importance. This entire situation is bigger than any of us and your help will be greatly appreciated to the entire world," Hiro stood in front of them, standing on top of a platform so that he could look over at everybody, "This entire situation started with the assassination of an Elite 4 member. I'm sure you all know who Bruno is, the late Fighting-type master of the Kanto region. His death was very mysterious and many believe that it is the subject of fowl play. The only thing that everyone knows for sure is that a bloody red R was painted over his chest. Many believe that it has something to do with Team Rocket, but according to League officials, Team Rocket hasn't been active in almost a decade. No sign of Team Rocket has been spotted in ten years, but they are not ruling them out. All fingers point to Team Rocket, but the evidence isn't sufficient."

Team Rocket, Drew heard of them. They weren't well known in Hoenn, so Drew didn't know much about them as Hoenn's crime syndicates composed of Team Magma and Team Aqua, whom disbanded after the whole Groudon and Kyogre incident in Sootpolis City when he was a child. Now, Hoenn's main problem with crime centered around the many gangs that popped up a few years after Brendan defeated champion Steven.

Hiro took in a breath before continuing, "The evidence is insufficient because of how clean the murder was. Team Rocket was notorious for leaving sloppy clues and such behind, but this murder was just too clean, leading many to believe that this is a cover up for a different organization, possibly a former Rocket member or perhaps a protégé. No one knows."

"The evidence is insufficient because of how clean the murder was. Team Rocket was notorious for leaving sloppy clues and such behind, but this murder was just too clean, leading many to believe that this is a cover up for a different organization. Possibly a former Rocket member or perhaps a protege. No one knows." Hiro turned his back as he looked out yonder at the city of Goldenrod, "I've spoken to all of the regional professors about the matter and they agree with what I am doing, however they don't have the....time to help us out. Therefore, I've taken matters into my own hands in figuring out what the hell is going on in this world," Hiro boldly announced after a dramatic pause, "Any questions before we started?"

Drew didn't have any questions. As long as he wasn't assigned anything that had to pertain to his brother and his movie promotion, he would be fine, he would rater not see him after so not communicating for so long. Just thinking about him aroused feelings within him, feelings that he long ago smothered.

"Hm….that's strange," Drew quietly noted before continuing to answer Rae, "That's normal, you not noticing me. It's happened to almost everyone throughout my life. It's just that I have a very weak presence, which makes it very hard for others to notice me."

"You being a psychic isn't going to affect our friendship," Drew said, "didn't those girls seem very interested in you just a minute ago?"

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Rae Sage
    Ninetales (Nana), Jolteon (Jake), Aerodactyl (Andre), Kanghashkan (Kanna), Starmie (Celia), Scizor (Sai)

Drew's explanation was resigned, but not offended. Rae offered him a cheery shake of the head. "Don't make excuses okay? It's my fault for not being observant. If I don't notice again, just keep reminding me." Jake barked softly and planted both paws just below Rae's knees. "What's up Jake?"Jake got down and padded over to Drew, staring at the male. "Oh." He smiled. "I'm sure he doesn't mind at all." Jake raised a golden, furry eyebrow, and began to stare with wide, large eyes up at Drew.

"By the way I'm glad you're friends with Psychics," Rae added happily. "It'd be rather misfortunate if you weren't." He paused and glanced over at the two girls. "I... I guess. They were rather interested in me... not entirely sure why. I'm not all that interesting..." He yawned, still slightly sleepy from the train ride. "We Breeders don't live the life of mayhem and adventure, unless you count little ones." He smiled wryly to himself. "They seem to have the most fun.

Jake let out an imploring growl, padding around Drew's shoes impatiently. "He wants you to pet him," Rae explained. "You've made him curious, so he wants to investigate you. Don't worry it won't hurt." As he commented, Jake began sniffing at the man's clothes.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Drew Mason

"Don't make excuses okay? It's my fault for not being observant. If I don't notice again, just keep reminding me," Rae replied after hearing Drew's explanation. It was as if he was the first person to ever overlook his presence. He was going to explain that it happened all the time, even to complete strangers, but then he stopped himself.

Why was he getting worked up about it? He shook his head and slapped his cheeks. He wasn't going to ruin a chance to make a friend.

Rae's Joleteon began to bark and placed its two front paws bellow Rae's knees. At that point, the eevelution and its trainer began to hold a conversation before Rae's Jolteon turned around and gave what Drew called, "The Cutie eyes of Death".

"By the way I'm glad you're friends with Psychics," Rae added happily. "It'd be rather misfortunate if you weren't."

"No you are the first one I met," Drew explained, "I rather just get to know a person more than anything."

"I... I guess. They were rather interested in me... not entirely sure why. I'm not all that interesting..." He yawned, still slightly sleepy from the train ride. "We Breeders don't live the life of mayhem and adventure, unless you count little ones."

He smiled wryly to himself. "They seem to have the most fun."

"A breeder, that's interesting," Drew laughed, "You should see them in Hoenn. Most are just loud and really nuts, especially in Mauvile. They tend to just grab trainers off the street and start screaming at the top of their lungs either demanding to see the trainer's pokemon or about how unhappy and unhealthy they look even though they look perfectly happy and healthy."

"Not that being a breeder is a bad thing; it's just that the ones in Hoenn tend to be a little… nuts…" Drew continued on.

Rae's Joleton, Jake, let out an imploring growl, padding around Drew's shoes impatiently. "He wants you to pet him," Rae explained. "You've made him curious, so he wants to investigate you. Don't worry it won't hurt." As he commented, Jake began sniffing Drew's clothes.

Drew kneeled down and began running his hands through the spiky yellow strands of the Jolteon, "You keep one pokemon out huh? I use to do that too, but ever since I got into college, I haven't been keeping my pokemon out a lot. I mean sure, one is immobile on land and one is way too bulky to walk around in public with, but I just haven't been keeping them out as of late. Sure, at home, they are free to lounge around, but students at my college aren't permitted to keep them outside of their pokeballs. It's been so long since I have been outside Lilycove, but that doesn't mean I haven't battled."

Years
    Adell Caxton
    Leavanny(Flonne), Scraftry(Kurtis), Emolga(Chute), Beartic(Tundra), Seismitoad(Asagi), Simisear(Enma)
    Goldenrod Department Store Roof

No matter how many times he heard it, it surprised him how a strong trainer(both physically and pokemon wise) could be taken down by whatever mysterious organization took him down. Adell never did the league challenge personally, being buisy breeding, studying, and training, but even he knew that taking down a member of the elite 4 pokemon-wise was hard. What method did they use? Why kill strong trainers, then mark their dead body? He had plenty of currently unanswerable questions, but their was one question he could think of.

"When Bruno's body was found, what was the state of his Pokemon? Were they fainted, killed, or healthy?"

His Emolga, Chute, looked up at his trainer, and after nodding farwell to the Honchcrow, leapt back up to his trainers shoulder.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
    Sammanus Ezeikiel Victors
    Banette (Bandit), Nuzleaf (Donavon), Kirlia (Brutus), Wailord (Princess), Vigoroth (Vice), Ninjask (Nina)

Department Store Rooftop, Goldenrod City

Zeke sighed, catching his breath fully. Man he'd been running a lot. He loved running, but sometimes he hated it. A cool breeze passed over, cooling him down pleasantly. He smiled, happy for the extra relief, and then yawned again. He felt himself drifting in and out. Going to some sort of dream land and then popping right out. Goldenrod.... This place was so famous, yet he couldn't keep his eyes open while he was in it. Kind of funny...

He blinked himself to awareness when he heard some movements beside him. His eyes first went to the money beside him.

"Eh?" Zeke picked it up, confused on how it arrived. He picked up the money and looked up, eyes widening when he was met by the form of a strange Pokemon. It was almost unreal, floating in the air and looking at him with yellow, almost crazy eyes. Zeke squinted, not sure if he was really seeing what he was seeing.

"Whoa..." He stood up, interest piqued enough to pull further investigations. It was a pink and blue Pokemon, what looked like its arms seemed to hand wildly from its body, as if it were posing or had maybe just finished flailing them around. It moved in the air somewhat, its arms floating here and there as if being moved by some invisible current. Zeke brought his hand forward and gave the Pokemon an experimental poke. Upon feeling its skin, it was confirmed that, yes, it was a real Pokemon. He smiled then. "Cool." This was really cool... He'd never seen a Pokemon like this before. "What are you anyways?" As he asked, he realized the Pokemon couldn't answer him back. "Uh... Never mind," he said smiling, laughing a bit at his own mistake. He raised his hand to scratch his head, and in doing so, remembered the money in his grasp. "Oh! Yeah..." He looked at the money and then around him, not sure who had been the one to bestow it to him. He couldn't take money, especially so anonymously. Zeke's eyes went back to the pink Pokemon, recalling that it was the one who gave it to him. "Hey, whoever your trainer is, give this back to him... Her," he corrected for possibility, "I couldn't take this."

As nice as it would be to get a nice drink of water, taking money from a stranger was just out of the question. He could find a water fountain in the department store anyways, probably. As Zeke got ready to put further investigation on this madness of a Pokemon, he was approached by a stranger who was also on this rooftop.

"You're not late," she told him when she approached, "I guess there's a few more members coming up here. Hiro told us that he'll wait for a few more minutes."

"Oh..." He grinned. "Well thanks for that!" If other people were coming, then he didn't look as stupid. "Uh, hi," he greeted. "I'm Zeke and I'm guessing you're here about Hiro too, huh?" Everyone was more than likely up here for the same reason. Zeke wondered if there were all penpals too and how many had actually seen Hiro in person. He'd never seen him himself, before all this. Looking at him now, he seemed familiar and unknown.

In a few moments, Hiro started his speech. Zeke was a little disappointed to see no one else came. He went over the groups mission, telling them of the death of Bruno and the oddities of his murder. Apparently, they were in this on their own, no help from people with much more money and resources. Well that was just great. Come question time, Zeke couldn't think of something to ask, but someone did. It was another member who asked about the state of Bruno's Pokemon. Thinking about it, Zeke thought it was a good question. Did he put up a fight? Or was this some kind of sneak attack?

Maybe it'd give more clues...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

Angel Bernadette Valentine
    Goldenrod City Dept. Store

Milotic (Molly), Kirlia (Kylie), Delcatty (Bella), Froslass (Frosty), Flygon (Buzzle) Breloom (Loomy)

"Heh, no sweat it. Many of us are here for the same actually." Angel responded to the guy. He looked a bit nervous, hesitant to introduce himself, but he managed to so so anyways.
    "Uh, hi. I'm Zeke and I'm guessing you're here for Hiro too, huh?" He started to speak.

"Yeah." Angel replied. "Many of us are here for the same reason. Hiro wants to talk about the murder of Elite Four Bruno. It's rather serious." In the meantime, Hiro managed to start his speech, explaning the murder of Bruno and the mysterious "R". Angel, however, she had some questions about this. She won't try to ask till the end. "My name is Angel Bernadette. I'm from Hoenn."

She extended her hand, offering a handshake, and smiled. Things were...going smooth for her...for now.

Hiro's speech was a lot more interesting. Information about the murder of Bruno and the mysterious R was there. Angel's first thoughts was Team Rocket, but Hiro had confirmed that it wasn't Team Rocket...insufficient evidence. How? She knows Team Rocket way too well. They're not capable to leave no clues whatsoever. Angel starts to imagine the murder in her head. It felt cold, brutal, reminding her of the many crimes she witnessed in Hoenn. Later, Angel shook her head, as Hiro emphasized his last statement. "Any questions before we started?"

There was a bit of silence...this was Angel's chance to shine and ask a question about the murder, but her train of thought was lost. "I....don't have any." She murmured. She looked down at Bella, then her eyes aimed at Hiro, awaiting for any questions.​

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Candis Nortez

Dusknoir[Hunter]-Gallade[Jojo]-PorygonZ[Toto]-Staraptor[Dj]-Carnivine[Luigi]-Luxray[Mario]

She watched as the other's reactions basically gave her hints about their personality. Sinking it all in, she pondered about the problem. She could feel her pokeball with Luigi inside start to shake and jump around. He really wanted to see the outer world. As much as she wanted to let him out, she didn't want to show her pokemon just yet. It would present her with a disadvantage. Adell seems alone while Angel was speaking to the "very late" visitor. Drew and Rae were having a chat...and the Jolteon attracted her attention. "Why not take a look again and make a better friend?" she wondered out loud. She walked over towards Rae, who was in a deep conversation at the moment. She stopped beside him, wondering what to say. She didn't want to interrupt, so she simply stood there, with her mischievous smile for all to see.

"Hello there, long time no talk!" she replied when both finished. "Although not that long ago," she corrected herself, crossing her arms.

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
    Sammanus Ezeikiel Victors
    Banette (Bandit), Nuzleaf (Donavon), Kirlia (Brutus), Wailord (Princess), Vigoroth (Vice), Ninjask (Nina)

Department Store Rooftop, Goldenrod City

Zeke's eyes went big when this girl--Angel she said her name was--told him that she was from Hoenn. Well gosh dang! Just like him! He wondered why he hadn't seen her, but then settled with the thought that she didn't get here the same way he did (which was a highly likely chance).

"Hoenn, really?" He smiled at the whole thought. "Me too! What part are you from? I live near Verdanturf." It was pretty cool, finding someone that lived so close. It made him wonder who else could live in Hoenn and also helped him realize that the people here were possibly not from here, but just like him and Angel, a pen pal from far away that came to help Hiro. It kind of said something about everyone. People who knew Hiro of varying levels of very well to not so much, would get together for one cause. One, it turned out to be, which was incredibly important, but also heavy on a person's shoulders. Zeke assumed everyone would be staying, but there was a chance that some could leave, now knowing their goal, to do something less risk taking. This new plan was mysterious. It was dangerous, obviously, and what it would require of them could be in extremes. Another thing to think about... They could be here for, how long? And going where?

Having that on his mind now, Zeke had a few second thoughts himself. His parents would no doubt be worried, he was only seventeen, after all. They didn't know that he was here for... For this. They only thought he'd be here for a few days, come back home, and then tell them all about it. This was a lot bigger than he or they expected.

Trying to put those things from his mind, Zeke looked towards the ground and, there, noticed a Delcatty standing by the legs of Miss Bernadette, purring from some pleasure that was all her own. He smiled, finding her cute. He always enjoyed cats, but never got to have one of his own. He would have pet her, if he felt he were allowed, either by the owner's permission or the Delcatty's herself. Upon seeing the Delcatty, he noticed near her a Kirlia and his smile widened. It seemed like the similarities between him and Angel were multiplying. Zeke himself happened to have a Kirlia of his own, Brutus.

"What are their names?" He asked in a lowered voice as to not make himself louder than anyone asking questions. "Your Pokemon, I mean."

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Rae Sage

Rae chuckled. "Yeah, I've run into those guys every now and again. Breeders do communicate across regions, usually when we find some interesting eggs or odd genetic mishaps. They're really enthusiastic about their discoveries... sometimes pretty arrogant too." Rae grinned. :But you can't survive as a Breeder without a little overconfidence." Jake bared at him and he smiled. "Yes, yes, I could do with a little more energy Jake, I know." He gave Drew a gentle smile. "We have this argument all the time."

He paused as Drew commented on Jake being out. "Usually I have all of my Pokemon out somewhere around the house. Babies are hard to keep in line and keep a clean, healthy life. So they all help. I just didn't want to let the rest out because my time is kind of unorthodox." Jake yipped and purred, leaning toward Drew's touch happily. He was mature, mellow, but still an attention hog like the Eevee... month.

Rae looked over to see Candis and smiled, keeping one eye on Drew. "Well for friends even a short time apart can seem like ages right?"

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Hiro Kazuma
    Samurott (Sam), Zoroark (Zoro), Sawsbuck (Buck), Galvantula (Gal), Garobodor (Garbo), Swoobat (Swoo)
    Goldenrod Department Store Roof - Goldenrod City, Johto

He seemed to have gathered everyone's attention during his speech and most of them understood the words that he meant. Hiro wasn't sure how organized this team would be, nor did he really care. The only thing that mattered was that they were here and that meant that the world had some people that cared for the safety of others. A sigh escaped his mouth as he looked toward the sky before getting into utter shock. Although the Trainers he was speaking to couldn't see it since they were all facing him, Hiro's eyes widen as he saw a fleet of Aerodactyl coming from the east in pursuit of Goldenrod City.

"What the hell?" Hiro said to himself as he didn't move from his spot, not out of fear, but precaution. He didn't want to make any sudden movements because these Aerodactyles were being piloted... by mysterious people dressed in all black attire. Things definitely weren't looking good the first day formation for the Elite Army. Before Hiro could act, the fleet of Aerodactyls started to fire Hyper Beams at random locations in the city which led to Hiro forming his first plan of action. He wasn't sure if this was related to the incidences with the Elite 4, but there was no time for speculation. They had to fight. "Okay everyone. For those of you who have flying Pokemon that are capable of carrying you, take to the air. For those of you who don't... I suggest you guys hit the ground level to make sure nothing is going on at sea level. Take out these guys and their Pokemon quickly. Goldenrod is a sacred city in the Johto region! Let's move!"

Hiro turned as he jumped off the building, releasing his Swoobat as it scooped him up, grabbing hold of its Trainer as it swooshed down towards the ground. Hiro wanted to get a visual at the bottom to see what was going and he noticed that the Aerodactyles weren't the only Pokemon causing a rampage. There were also a group of Tyranitar's firing Hyper Beams at ground level. "What the hell!?" Hiro said to himself as he and Swoo managed to dodge the claw of a Tyranitar. Hiro shook his head as he got on his Xtransceiver and notified everyone via voice message, "Soldiers, we've got Tyranitars at ground level. For those of you who don't have flying Pokemon capable of carrying you in the air to take down the Aerodactyls, do what you can to take out these bad boys down here!"

Hiro turned off his communication device as he said to Swoo, "Let's go Swoo!"

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    (Joint post between myself and First Snow :))

Rae Sage

&
    Drew Mason

The peace was blown out of the water as the stomping of Tyranitar was mixed with the screeches of Aerodactyl. Rae whistled appreciatively. Both of those were tank Pokemon. He should know, he's raised both at their younger levels. So... how were they going to fight? Hiro barked orders before taking flight on his own. Eh, he's got this one covered.

Rae let out a quiet, but audible groan as Hyper Beams began to blast Goldenrod. "Woo..." he sighed, Jake beginning to growl at his side. "You've got no chance buddy, you know that. Thunderbolt can't smack them all." Jake gave him a growl and let himself be returned. Rae brushed at his red hair with one hand before glancing at Drew gently. "Wanna team up buddy? Air or land, it's your choice that." He had two Pokemon all set to go, whichever way he strode. Rae's fingers closed around Andre's Pokeball. It was time to see if training had paid off... or if this ended up being pointless.

"Even thought he Tyranitar can currently do more surface damage, the flying units can destroy any resistance from below more easily," Rae noted this calmly but worriedly.

"Land," Drew whispered, "I don't have a flying pokemon big enough to carry me."

Looking below, Drew was observing the tyranitars. They were large, fierce beings as hyperbeams shot out of their mouths. People were running for their lives, but it seemed they couldn't catch up. They were big and slow. Drew took this into consideration before an idea popped up in his head.

Balance, they probably lacked that too. Thinking about the idea, made Drew hesitate; what if it didn't work? He scrunched his eyebrows in thought, but then shook his head. Even if it didn't work, they could still hold them off with super effective attacks until Jake could think up of something better.

Denny would tell me to go for it.

"Do you have any pokemon that can use ice beam?" Drew asked, "I might have an idea that may or may not work."

Rae glanced at him slowly before smiling and pulling out Celia's Pokeball. "I have my Starmie," he answered lightly. He switched gears and concentrated for a moment, making sure his half-Psychic Pokemon was awake and ready to raise heck on the world. It shook in response and Rae nodded quietly to himself.

"All right then captain, please take the lead and tell me the plan." He tossed the Pokeball and released the purple star, its gem flashing briefly. "That's a she by the way," he added lightly. He knew perfectly well Starmie were genderless, but it also liked to be called a girl. Why deny his partner the chance?

Celia made a quiet bubbling noise to him and Rae grinned. "Show your stuff." It bubbled again.

"Just watch and follow along," Drew replied. He grabbed two pokeballs that were hanging from the strap of his messenger bag and released the two pokemon that were kept inside. A blue bird that was flapping his cloud like wings was released from his pokeball, "This is Mr. Puffy, my altaria."

Mr. Puffy chirped happily at the mention of his name.

The other pokemon was serpent like, and at the moment her body was coiled as if she was an Ekans. Her scales shone beautifully as the sun, especially the red and blue diamond scales on her tail. Her head was pointed; she had long red eyebrows that pointed out wards, and she had long red fins, just like a woman's hair, fall to her sides.

"This is Lulu, my milotic."

Lulu hummed in acknowledgement when she heard her name. Drew turned his attention the ground bellow where all they tyranitars were firing off their hyper beams. Drew analyzed the situation and pointed at a random spot bellow, "Mr. Puffy and Lulu, I need you to fire your ice beam right there. I want a large sheet of ice right there."

Lulu hummed while Mr. Puffy chirped, acknowledging the command. Lulu opened her mouth and Mr. Puffy opened his beak and out came whips of blue light. As the blue lights aimed towards the place where Drew pointed the ground began to freeze and soon a large sheet covered over the cement. A second later three tyranitars appeared and walked on it and when they did they slipped and fell. They got up again to attempt to move onward, but the same thing happened. Try as they might, they couldn't regain their balance as they just kept falling again and again.

"See that?" Drew asked, "If we keep doing that, we can slow them down and hit them with super effective attacks without the hassle of trying to find them all."

Rae watched this in quiet, peaceable silence. "Sounds simple enough," he decided softly. "For the moment, how about you stick to knocking them down?" He glanced at his own Starmie. "Celia, while they're down Scald! Aim for their midsection!" His Starmie soared down without waiting for him. She knew the rest.

He flexed his fingers before going to head downstairs. He didn't run, primarily because that could wear him out, and partially because he was fiddling with something in his bag. "If we miss Tyranitar all over the place, a beating will definitely be the least of our problems," he commented to Drew. He wondered if... no. Now wasn't the time for that. Not here, not now. "I would be kind of embarrassed to show myself if we missed."

Rae knew plenty on Pokemon combat. However, it was strictly for detainment, not for offensive, long-term combat. That wasn't what he was trained for except with his one permanent team member. And that one was not a good match up for this fight. He would just listen to Drew and any other commands he got. Rae knew better when he was outclassed. However, he was sure of. "Keep one of your Pokemon on ensnaring and the other on attack," he said suddenly. Rae was calm, assured, firm. "Swap every once in a while. Throws them off balance."

Meanwhile, Drew sighed mentally. He was hoping that he would like the idea… It sure looked better in his head anyway. Mr. Puffy, who was currently on top of his head, nipped at his ear and he was sure Lulu would attempt to comfort him a little if she wasn't in her pokeball (she couldn't travel on dry land that well). Drew was hoping that he could impress Rae. He was just so noticeable. He had that aura about him. Everyone just seemed to flock at his presence and truthfully, Drew envied him a lot and it hurt him inside. His overwhelming and noticeable presence was something Drew always wanted to have.

"Okay," Drew muttered sadly before shaking his head wildly. He shouldn't say things like that. Rae would worry and he would be such a burden. He didn't want that, "Okay!"

Rae stopped and smiled at him, seemingly oblivious to Drew's mental turmoil. "You can do it," he said quietly. His head tilted slightly to the side. "Have faith. It's a good plan. Simple but good. And damage control will be a little easier than if left alone." He wasn't entirely sure what the issue was when it came to a fight. He wanted it done, over with. Don't think too hard or stress too much. It was his laziness kicking in partially. A part of him did understand Drew's internal problems, not that he would say anything. There were things that were best gone unspoken.

He looked away from his friend now, outside. "It's all right. We don't have to muddle up our heads right now. What we have to do right now is protect people, even though we may not be able to. We gotta try at least. So come on. Stand up with confidence." He winked at Drew. "Otherwise your Pokemon will be fretting right? Show 'em how cool you are."

Rae is right. I need to be confident, for my pokemon.

Tyranitars cried and Aerodactlys screeched. With his resolve solidified, Drew grabbed two pokeballs from the strap of his messenger bag. One of them released Lulu, his milotic, who was a bit irritated that she was put back in her pokeball only to come out a few minutes later. The other, was a green woman like pokemon. She was short and the white whiffs on her head, acted like hair. At the end of both of her hands were different colored flowers, one blue and the other red. She looked like she had a cape on her back and the cape really did fit her smirk she was plastering on her face at the moment.

"I need you guys today," Drew spoke, "Lulu, I need you to try to slither today. I need you to get rid of these Tyranitars. Can you try that? I know you aren't comfortable doing it, but for me please?"

Lulu gave her trainer a hard stare before reluctantly nodding her head.
    A cry alerted Drew to incoming danger and he was quick to act, "Mr. Puffy I need you to use ice beam like you did before over there. Lulu use hydro pump and Ms. Roro use magical leaf once those tyranitars slip."

Mr. Puffy chirped and fired an ice beam towards the ground where the tyranitars would most likely step on next. A layer of ice formed over the cement and the tryanitars ran towards Drew and his pokemon. However, along the way, the green colossus pokemon slipped and fell. While the poor pokemon attempted to get up, Lulu opened her mouth to release a powerful gush of swirling water. At the same time Ms. Roro, the roserade, jump and span in the air. She released glowing purple leaves that sliced the tyranitars and pushed them back and once again they fell.

Rae nodded quietly and pulled out another Pokeball. "Sai, Brick Break after Celia's Ice Beam and Scald." He commanded this as he released a large red insect, its large claws clenching as it flew out towards a Tyranitar Drew had knocked down. Celia spun behind him almost carelessly, struck slightly by a Hyper Beam. Rae winced at the sight. "Yeah, don't mess with Tyranitar. Of course these people are crazy enough to use them." Sai was slapped down by a Wing Attack, which thankfully didn't do much.

"Keep an eye out for fire Sai," Rae ordered with concern, keeping an eye on Drew and his team." Celia flew under Sai, firing an Ice Beam at the ground and letting the Pokemon start to fall. Before they hit she struck them with Scald, making the creatures roar. "Yeesh," sighed Rae. "This is why this was likely more dangerous than making this army." He liked Hiro, he really did, but this was proving big dreams thrown instantly out in the open was slightly less sane than being quiet about it. Had to let things grow you know? He shook his head and winced, rolling quickly away from an attack. His ruined hand twitched and he ignored it as best he could. Too hot. Much too hot.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    [Joint post between me and Reader_Maniac =P]

Candis Nortez
    &
    Adell Caxton
    Leavanny(Flonne), Scraftry(Kurtis), Emolga(Chute), Beartic(Tundra), Seismitoad(Asagi), Simisear(Enma)

Candis happily hums as Toto suddenly catches the sight of distant figures. On closer inspection....they were Aerodactyl! The silence was soon disturbed by the loud cries of the flying Pokemon. Before Candis could mumble a single word, Toto pointed at the ground, where they both realized there dozens of behemoths. She has never seen a real Aerodactyl before, making her smile at the sight. It was then she heard Hiro give out the word. 'A Pokemon battle eh...., I got just the trick for this,' she thought with a smirk. Toto levilated a pokeball with a wing-like insigna printed on the front. Instead, she placed that same Pokemon inside and took out one in particular that couldn't stop trashing around. This Pokemon sure felt like coming out. Unlike the others, this one had a leaf imprinted on it.

"Well then, go Luigi" she sent out. The sphere opened and let out a dazzling red light, which materialized into a plant-like creature. A Carnivine. Candis was about to jump and leave until she realized the huge numbers of enemies approaching them. "Okay, so maybe alone it's not fun...but with somebody else," she mumbled, then slowly turned her head to face the closest person to her, Adell.

"Hey! Say, wanna team up?" she asked joyfully.

"Huh?.....ahhhh, ok." Adell answered, still surprised from the sight of the Aerodactyl. He was so focused on listening to an answer from Hiro, that he compleatly ignored Chutes bickering. He shook his head, then returned Chute to his pokeball. Nope, he wasn't imagining it, Aerodactyl still few torward Goldenrod. He had no flying types that could lift him(Emolga glide) and it was unlikely that they would come down to them. It was then the Xtransceiver rang, Hiro warning them to the Tyranitar down on the ground. Great, a prehistoric flying lizards attacking from above and a juggernaut ground force.

He turned his head to Candis, "So, what do you think. Should we 'Smack Down' a few of the birds from the sky, or focus on the Tyranitars?" His sad attempt of a joke was more to calm himself down, the situation feeling like being between a rock and a hard place.

Candis couldn't help but let out a small laugh, actually liking Adell's joke. "I can't believe you actually joked...I already like you. Nobody else tried joking," she replied, pointing at the incoming Aerodactyl. "Well then why not 'Smack Down' the dinosaurs AND 'Stomp' on the Tyranitars?" she added on to the silly joke, giving out her answer to his question. "I believe we can handle both, can't we?" With that said, she ran towards the edge of the roof and glanced down. The Tyranitars were approaching. She turned around and faced Adell. "I'll be down below~" she sang as she leaps off, both her Carnivine and Porygon-Z following suit. She manages to land on Luigi, but before she could go any further, she saw a few Tyranitars already slowing down. The source of the attacks came from both Drew and Rae. She stepped on both Toto and Luigi until she landed safely on the ground. Of course, they were used to this, since she did this all the time back in the older days.

"So they are helping out together...that's nice," she mumbled as she sent out her Staraptor. 'Guess I don't have to face the behemoths face on then, since they're already helping out with them,' she thought. Without hesitation, she motions her hands up. The big bird nodded and lifted its great wings with pride. The next second, it had lifted off the ground and sped towards the ceiling, where Candis hops off to land. "Hey! He can help with the flying dinosaurs while Carnivine and Toto can take the Tyranitar's, does that sound fair?" she cheerfully asked, pointing at her Staraptor.

Adell was suprised when she complemented him. It was a pleasant surprise that he would take note of. As she said she was going down, he assumed the stairs....until she leapt down with her two other pokemon. He looked down in horror, until she landed on her Carnivine. She will be interesting to work with, that is for sure. He realeased three of his pokemon, Kurtis, Tundra, and Asagi. He told them what they should do until Candis came back up. Perfect, a flying type.

"I don't think 'fair' matters when dealing with them. I am sending Asagi," the Seismitoad raised her hand at the sound of her name, "To back up your Carnivine and Toto. Meanwhile, Kurtis will Smack Down the birds," the Scraftry grinned and nodded, "and Tundra will hit them hard when they're down." The Beartic nodded calmly. Adell continued, "That is, if I can get them in range. Would I be able to ask you to shepard one to the Magnet Train rail? If we can trap it there, we would probally be able to ground it for good. Cause other than sending Chute up to you as backup, I can't help you much while they're in the air."

She smiled at Adell's plan. "Ah, alright then. As in round one up on the rail? Sure," she responded. She wasn't very fond of vocabulary, so she tried to understand what he meant, in which she hopes she got right. She called her Staraptor and told Luigi and Toto to start taking "control" over the Tyranitar situation. Without further a do, she leaps on to her bird and turns around to watch Asagi.

"Glad to know you gave them nice names," she chirps out, glancing around at the situation at hand. She had to find one Aerodactyl and round it to the Magnet Train rail..

Toto was the first to act, a three-point pyramid forming around him. Luigi followed suit with Solar Beam. Once Toto found a target, an orb of energy formed in the middle of the pyramid, shooting out a beam of intense light that started to impact a few Tyranitars. Afterwards, Luigi sent out his Solarbeam, impacted way less, which caused Toto to laugh at the poor Pokemon.

"Thanks." Adell says back, whether she can hear it or not. He started to run down the stairs, his pokemon close behind. As he left the building, Asagi split off, with Adell and Kurtis riding on Tundra going the other way to the Magnet Train rails. It seemed like the town was practically empty, other than a few of the rampant Tyranitars in some of the smaller streets in an atempt to walk around the ice blocade. Aerodactyl flew overhead, far out of range of most his Pokemons' attacks. For now. They immediatly started to get ready as soon as they got there, and after some mild property damage to the sidewalk,they got a good sized pile of rocks that Kurtis could use to throw at the Aerodactyl for his Smack Down attack. Since all he could do now is wait, he told Kurtis to Dragon Dance and Tundra to Bulk up, it was going to be a long battle.

Asagi soon found Toto and Luigi, and after croaking something that roughly traslates to 'Hi, I am here to help,' she got ready to attack. Her body expanded a little as she breathed in and aimed at a group of Tyranitar trying to balance on the ice, then she opened her mouth wide and unleashed a Hydro Pump. It hit hard, knocking them down, though it was obvious that they could still fight, as they rolled over to get back up. Well, if nothing else, she made the ice wet so they would trip more.

"Dj...let's fly," she mumbled. With a loud flap of its wings, it took the the sky. Once she found her target, which happens to be over her, she points up. "That one right there!" she hollered. The Staraptor didn't hesitate to rocket himself up and over the dinosaur. "Now use Steel Wing to bring it down to the rail riiiiiiiight there," she pointed at the rails once she had found them. DJ gave the magnet rail one glance before his wings started to grow an eerie white. "Don't worry about me, just push that thin-WOAH" she gasped out as DJ impatiently hit the Aerodactyl below. A bit surprised, she glanced up and realized they were being chased. She was able to catch her breath and leap off before DJ could impact the Aerodactyl on to the Magnet Train's rails. Landing by the confused beast beside her, she gave out a yelp before grabbing on to the rails and hanging down, making the Aerodactyl that was chasing them crash on to the rails as well. Once she saw DJ underneath her, she let go and landed safely on her Staraptor.

While both DJ and Candis were being successful, Toto was having trouble. One Tyranitar somehow managed to spot the three Pokemon, and fired off a sudden Hyper Beam, which impacted Toto. Luigi was a bit surprised, horrified at the beam that nearly impacted him as well. Another behemoth opened its mouth wide, creating a sphere of energy that was facing both Asagi and Luigi. Not wanting to end up like Toto, he nervously lifted his hands and quickly created a light green barrier that was also able to cover Asagi. Able to deflect a few Hyper Beams, Luigi tilted his head a bit to look for Toto, but he was nowhere to be found. He could feel the Protect weakening, and soon he'll have to stop and somehow face them without Toto.

Well, not exactly as planned, but close enough. "Change of plan, lets get up. Tundra, boost Kurtis then me up there." Tundra locked his paws together to create a foothold, then threw him up as Kurtis lept on to it, then repeated the same with Addel. Wierdly enough, it was just sitting there, it took a few seconds before he relized, "Oh my....It's ROOSTING!! Kurtis, Brick Break! Tundra, Hurry up!" The Beartic dug its claws into the support beam, trying to get up faster, But it was still only half way up.

Asagi saw Toto get blasted back, and even though she really didn't know Toto, she was mad for the lossing him. She aimed at the one that noticed them and shot another Hydro Pump, and fourtunatly, hit it dead on. It showed signs of weakening(or maybe just resting from the hyper beam), and took longer to get up. She stood focused, eyeing the Tyranitar closely for what it would do.

Candis saw Adell aiming for the Aerodactyls. "Hehe, sorry for the change of plan, kinda had no idea what you meant," she apologized. "If you need DJ for help, here he is," she introduces DJ, who slightly tilted his head at Adell. Of course this wasn't time for fun or any of the sort, so she sent out somebody who was perfect to help out. "Meet Mario!" she chirps out as she sends out her Luxray, who blinked around in shock. He wasn't expecting to see such a....troubling or messy scene. Electricity started to roar out of him at the sight of the Aerodactyl. "Sorry about that...he's quite impatient," she apologized once more.

"Don't worry about it, my fault for not being clear." Adell said back. The Beartic just got to the top of the rails, though didn't get much of a break. "Tundra, use Icicle Crash!" The Aerodactyl was about to lift off, though was knocked back down to be hit by Kurtis' Brick Break again, to a little less of an effect due to Roost wearing off. She released a wildcat from another Pokeball, which after surveying the scene, sparked wildly. She described it as impatient, which looked more like aggression torward the Aerodactyl. Worked for him, at least. "They can attack whenever they want, so don't wait for me if I'm to slow for them."

"Alrighty then," she chirps, letting Mario do his damage. She wondered how the others were doing with their own strategies. She worried most of all about their Pokemon who were going against the Tyranitars.

Back