• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Elite Four

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
    I love Giima out of all the E4 in Isshu/Unova, even though his team is a bit disappointing and quite easy to challenge. I love his room design it looks so ominous with all of the candlelit backdrop, looks like dracula in the making.

For Adeku, I think he's the worse Champion so far. His teams is mostly Bug types with can be clearly wiped easily, his design looks like someone from DBZ. Even Steven Stone, Gary, Cythnia, and Lance had much better designs.

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    I really like this new Elite Four. Dark type guy looks cool.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Caitlen has some backstory, the reason she didn't battle in 4th gen, her psychic powers were not yet under her control, and she would lose herself in the heat of the battle and injure the opponent, years later, she gained control, and allowed herself to battle again, and worked her way to the e4.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    If I don't go wrong, in this gen's E4 there is an order where a type is super-effective against one other.
    So, Dark is super-effective on Ghost-type, Ghost-type on Psychic-type, Psychic-type on Fight-type, Fight-type on Dark-type.

DarkNecroWolf

Godly Member
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    Honestly, I thought they were pretty lame, and not even close to a challange, thats just my opinion.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Champion

I wanted to make a thread about my favorite person in the pokemon games.....Adeku. No since the english games yet to come out we only know bits a pieces about him. I read some stuff about him and i must say he seems to be the deepest pokemon champion we have ever had. What are your guys thought about him? Did you find any info about him maybe the rest of us missed? please tell

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Adeku is apart of the Elite Four, so it really only fits in this thread. Plus people were already discussing him here, including yourself. :(

If there's anything "significant" about him, it belongs here.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Adeku is apart of the Elite Four, so it really only fits in this thread. Plus people were already discussing him here, including yourself. :(

If there's anything "significant" about him, it belongs here.

Hmmm i guess it does make sense to put him but you made me think, is it really fair to group the champion of the region with the eliet four? I figure they work hard to pretty much own them in a battle right? lol

Comokanu

Glitch Hunter
    Years
    Caitlin had the best room design and she is the hardest, Giima didn't have a zoroark
    which is disappointing.

That's because N used a Zoroark.

Caitlin was pretty funny too. It's nice to see some old friends(haven't played Platinum in a while).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Adeku should have been a Bug type trainer...after all half of his team is already made out of bug types...might as well have given him three more...

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    I love Caitlin and Adeku, design-wise. Renbu's pretty cool, I just can't stand the eye color. The rest... meh.

Their rematch teams are excellent, for the most part, but they're vastly underleveled the first time you battle them, and I hate the fact the E4 only have four Pokemon the first time around. They were pretty nerfed in comparison to post E4s.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Ok i was looking thru some translations of the game and it seems that the champion has the power to tell everybody in the region what to do, what do you guys think about that?

Years
    Giima appeals to me the most. I like his design and his Dark Pokemon. Two of his Pokemon, I want in B/W.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    That's because N used a Zoroark.

Caitlin was pretty funny too. It's nice to see some old friends(haven't played Platinum in a while).

That didn't stop N and Ghetis from practically copying the entire e4 and Champion.

The only different Pokemon are Carracosta, Archeops, Klinklang, Zoroak, Seismitoad, Hydreigon. 6 out of 12 Pokemon, so giving Giima a Zoroak wouldn't have been an isshu.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I like Caithlin and Shauntal out of the the elite four.Battling them is one of the best part in the league for me.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I'm hoping that the Unova E4 provide me as much of a Challenge as the Hoenn E4 did years ago...though their teams don't seem too strong :/

They wont the first time. But then again i have high expectation of my pokemon, i train 4 of them for each one to take on a eliet four member and all there pokemon by them selves , so i could just be tooo strong when i get to them

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Well the rematches having level 70-80 Pokémon they should be a challenge.

I wouldn't like it if the first round was impossible without immense grinding, because to me it would detract from the flow of the game and story. Being able to go back and then fight them at much higher levels is a great way of doing it.

Back