• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Elusive Remote Control...

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    How often do you lose your remotes?
    Seems to be almost every day I'm looking for one or the other.
    Is this a problem for anyone else?

Ayselipera

I really don't watch much tv and when I do it's always with someone in the house after they just turned on the tv. So they are the ones who had to go look for it. On those rare occasions when I decided to go watch tv and no one is already watching I usually find the remote on the couch, shelf, or coffee table. Of course sometimes it's hidden beneath cushions. >:<

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    When I am watching television, it is a very rare occasion nowadays, I would always lose my remote control.

It's still lost to this date, but I haven't been watching the television for a while now, so it doesn't matter.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I loose it once or twice a week. It's horrible when I do. D:

I hate when it somehow get's in a small place across the room. x_x

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I always lose it when watching T.V. However, after 10 minutes of looking, I find out that the remote was in my hand the whole time. I hope I'm not the only one who does that.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Well since I used to end up throwing it at my sister, it generally got lost rather quickly sometimes.. But since I haven't watched it that much recently, it's just lying there, on the coffee table.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Yeah, I forgot to mention one time I threw the remote away by accident, and I've left it in the fridge on multiple occasions. haha

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    This is why I prefer TVs with all the buttons on the front — screw the remote, I have legs.
    That said, I don't lose remotes anyway.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I hardly ever lose the remote control to my telly in my bedroom because I keep it on top of my digital radio, on my bedside table. My Dad, however, is forever losing the remotes for the downstairs telly and DVD player; and they normally end up in the most bizarre of places.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I don't watch TV very often, but I have one remote and it lives in a little pouch on the side of the chair, so it never gets lost.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    My TV remote tends to form sneaky little legs and hide from me in plain sight around once or twice a day.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    All the time. If I lose it and want to change the channel I'm like "Well, I lost my remote. Looks like I'm not changing the channel"

I mean, walking 5 feet to get a snack is fine. But 5 feet to change the channel, not worth it.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    On numerous occasions have I lost my television remote. Sometimes, I would have it in my hand one minute, and the next I completely forget where I left it. Most recently, I remember having the remote, then when I needed it again I looked everywhere and couldn't find it. It wasn't until later that evening did I find it inside my drawer. o_o; I have a knack of losing the remote, (I don't know why). I can remember where I put everything else, but when it comes to that one thing, it just seems to be found everywhere around the house.

I think one of the most common places I replace my remote without thinking is between the cushions of the living room chair. v_v Either there, or strangely enough it ends up under the couch.

The worst moments is when I'm looking for it everywhere, but when I do end up finding it, it was right in front of me the whole time. Trust me when I say this, but it has happened to me countless of times.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    Awck, we loose our tv remotes every day! It's terrible! It always ends up being under the couch or something like that. But it's really bad because we have Comcast and so we can't change the channel without the remote..... =/

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I'm always losing my tv remote. I find it under my pillow, under my sheets, behind my bed, in my chest of drawers. Once I even found it in the cupboard.

I went to go fetch something from the cupboard, and I had it in my hand for some reason. I took some food out of the cupboard and put the remote in. :3

Back