• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The End: 2040, not 2012

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    omg stop with this bull **** already... the world will end eventually now stop guessing it... nothing is happening any time soon lol

below is a list of predictions when the world was supposedly going to end and surprise it did not happen :P

Spoiler:

[/FONT]

Years
  • Huh. We're all gonna die in 2040 now? Can't we get through December 21st before nutjobs throw new doomsday **** in our faces? Discovery Channel is already making us more paranoid with their new show about doomsday bunkers.

Besides, I'll most likely be dead before 2040 from a heart attack or something because I'm a fat. That is my ultimate fate.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    @Skitty: Notice how breathtakingly religious a lot of those people or groups are? I mean the article even goes on to talk about the rapture. It's the bigoted Christians, mostly, who try to scare people into believing with their end of the world nonsense.

InfernalRain

PC ftw yeaahhhhh
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2012
    At least I'll be old in 2040.
    There's only a 1 in 625 chance right? I'll still live :D

Years
  • In an astronomical sense, 1 in 625 is kinda of ...bad. Usually you see one in thousands, or tens of thousands. It's a little too high for my tastes.

Even if this is debunked, we still have Apophis.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
    Years
  • With the gas problems and global warming issues, we'll be dead by then anyways. The Comet would put us out of our misery as we starve.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Nah, doesn't really matter to me for quite number of reasons.

First, I'd rather not believe scientists in a claim of the end of the world. Since when humans have the privilege to make such claim anyway? They might guess, no problem, but the way you are putting it makes me feel it is confirmed.

It's a matter of faith, if you are religious, you must definitely defy these theories as no one has knowledge of the unknown and ESPECIALLY THE END OF THE WORLD other than God. If you aren't then you might as well stick with the claim. According to my belief, Humans CANNOT know precisely when the world would end, not even close, according to me, it will happen all in sudden without any notice. Above all that, some religious believes claim that there are SIGNS to happen before the end of the world...and until now...I didn't notice much. Non-religious people have full rights to deny this faith and claim the reason these signs didn't appear is simply because it's umm...a myth?

In either ways I don't care who would come and bash about religious believes >.< I'll just wait and live my life as is trying to do what I am supposed to do..which is living right and avoiding what's wrong..as simple as that.

And why are a general amount of people scared anyway, didn't you know that death will be taking you sooner or later?

Hope I didn't appear rude when writing the above :S sorry if it seemed though...

Years
  • interesting discussion

[SIZE="a"]Superman will save us!! Lol

Ahaha but serious now, I wouldn't get too worried about it now. Sure. We might all die and etc. But just enjoy life while you can. =). World has already many problems ( global warming, solar flares and the like) correct me if i am wrong. =). So maybe earth will be destroyed before the comet hits. I don't know, no one knows when the world really ends.[/SIZE]

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • With how things are getting in Iran its a good bet that the world will soon be consumed by atomic fire.

Stock up on dem bottle caps folks. Your going to need them.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • 140 meters really isn't that large of a meteor. And with the current rush of technological advancements, it is likely that this could be avoided. At least, if the imminent nuclear wars don't kill everyone first.

We need to invest more money on Vault construction.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2012
    Remember the theory for judgement day? And i didn't even know about 2012 till like late 2011..
    Also- Scientists are still looking for the "end of the world" so they can make money off the poor people who believed like in judgement day...
    "Chances are slim" All i need to keep working :)

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2012
    Alright the most likely "doomsday" scanario is that in a few billion years our sun will explode into a supernova and swallow most planets in out solar system... not weird threories that are put into effect simply to keep the general public fearing for their lives.... and spendong money preparing for them.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Seeing as May 21, 2011 wasn't the end of the world I highly doubt the world will end in 2040 even if the meteor crashes into our atmosphere it'll probably land in the water since our planet is 75% water. But then again the odds are low...but I don't have to worry about this until 2038 when we have only two years left.

Back