• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The end might be near

zsun_44

Just a member
    Years
    well why dont they send a team and drill a hole 800 feet deep and then plant a nuke in the hole so that the asteroid can split in two so that it doesnt hit the earth? XD

Dark Magician

The Black lightinig
    Years
    oK, enogh, let's forget about this, ok?, this might happen and it might not, annd what the heck is wrong with my age, I mean, age dosen't matter, Ness is 20, c'mon ppl.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    zsun_44 said:
    well why dont they send a team and drill a hole 800 feet deep and then plant a nuke in the hole so that the asteroid can split in two so that it doesnt hit the earth? XD
    You saw Independence Day, didn't you?

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Cool! We gonna die! ^___^
    I will die online at PC, at least XD
    (P.S.: Im making fun with it XD)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Dark Magician said:
    oK, enogh, let's forget about this, ok?, this might happen and it might not, annd what the heck is wrong with my age, I mean, age dosen't matter, Ness is 20, c'mon ppl.
    It's just wrong that someone older then me acutally belives that there is a chance of this happening...

Years
    You know, at first i got really scared by what you had to say DM, but then I read blue's posts and I started to calm down.
    DM, all of blue's reasons make sense and i am going to side with him on the issue. It is not going to hit.
    But, if you post evidence about this i might beleive you. I will need a news article or something like that.

jbritz22

Former-Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
    Ok what? Did it hit or what? YEsterday or today? Or is the time period past?

Sorry, i got drunk last night, and was wondering if this had already happened last night? Like happened, i mean change orbit?

Finglonger

Leper messiah
    Years
    digispirit virus said:
    what? the bible says(XD) its gonna crash 2012 XD

er no thats the mayan calender actually and it doesn't say we are going to die per se, it just ends abruptly in december of 2012. A lot of people interpreted it as foreshadowing our doom since the mayans were able to predict astronomical events accurately that occured thousands of years after they were around.

anyhow I find it very unlikely that we will be struck on sept 27th, yeah if an asteroid was that close we would be able to see it, and we would have some sort of forewarning either through the news media or by our own effects. Only an idiot would believe this garbage....

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    XD yeah same here sasuke. I get REALLY freaked out about this stuff, after the following dream I had 2 years ago:
    So you see, in the dream, we were driving, and the sky turned red. I looked up at athe sky and it was this red color, and the sun....
    Turned into this melting chocolate. Okay say Lmao, XD, o.o, or lol but for me that was scary. Then for a year I was freaked the end of the world was coming. XD

jbritz22

Former-Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
    Wow, I am surprised this isn't closed. By now we all know that this is garbage and yes whoever started this, you said it would hit, not that is might because you said the exact date it would, so therefore your proven wrong again. This is bullcrap.

I think the post should stay up, everyone has a right to an opinion, he is just expressing his, and asking our opinion. Well, stay up until a flame-war starts up. Im just a member, so dont really listen to me....I just needed to say that. :D

lighterhead2001

Fujiwara-kun unofficially!
    Years
    We'll prolly kill ourselves before an asteroid hits...but..humans can survive almost anything...horrible winter storms to the lightest flicker of a flame...umm God made us special..and earth has the atmosphere wich makes alot of the stuff from space burn right up

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Ok....... this is just fake...... how could you fall for it?

Finglonger

Leper messiah
    Years
    jbritz22 said:
    I think the post should stay up, everyone has a right to an opinion, he is just expressing his, and asking our opinion. Well, stay up until a flame-war starts up. Im just a member, so dont really listen to me....I just needed to say that. :D

well theres a difference between an opinion and gibberish. An opinion(a good one at least) is founded not on a whim, but after having anaylzed all parts of the situation and making ones mind up from there. And gibberish is well just that... gibberish...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I think the part about gibberish. It means nonsense, and Finglonger was reffering to this thread as gibberish. Now, on topic:
    Even if this is going to happen (which is NOT September 27th before you ask), NASA will alert the world, and we'll be able to see it. NASA can judge years in advance if an asteroid will hit Earth, and then they can make the neccessary precautions to keep up safe... hopefully :/

Back