• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the end of pokemon?... o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
  • well i remember the episode of pokemon where professor oak (or was it some other professor?) is showing ash a little clip about pokemon in his lab on that big screen and as he was doing this, he started talking about the wonder of pokemon and how there are over 500 kinds of pokemon.

now, if you think about it, every generation so far has had between 120-150 pokemon, and the amount we know so far is 386. if the Pokemon company is going by their word from that episode after, it must mean Diamond/Pearl may be the last generation of pokemon!! i know some of you may think that just because he said over 500, it doesn't mean that it'll stop there, but if that were the case, then why would they discretely choose the number 500 for that boundary? they could've said "Hundreds and Hundreds", but instead, they choose to tell us 500.

also, it would probably make sense if you considered the color/element factor of all the generation of pokemon games. it went from simple colors-- Red/Blue, to colors of stones (or just rocks for that matter) -- Ruby/Sapphire. but now, Pokemon is going to the most exuberant rocks of them all >>> Diamonds and Pearls. what could they possibly say for the next generation of pokemon? Pokemon Meteorites Geminid/Leonid? that COULD work for the absolutely final generation of pokemon so that it would refer to the "pokemon are from outer space" theme, but so could Diamond/Pearl.

is this the end of Pokemon? *dun dun dun*

the thought got triggered in another topic, and i HAD to have everyone discuss this. what do YOU think?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Anime schanime. The anime doesn't determine anything that the games will do, so I wouldn't even give it a second thought. Besides, Pokémon is still going strong. Whyy would Nintendo stop at 500? They're a big stickler for tradition, releasing new versions of their most popular games for every new gaming platform. They've kept Mario and Zeldo alive and popular for so long, that it's improbable they would end Pokémon after D/P.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

RaveGamer

The Raving Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    Well games can be completely different from animes. Remember Megaman and Megaman Battle Network? Hardly followed the storyline the anime did. And the Pokemon series doesn't seem to be doing a good following the anime either

InfiniteZero

I never change my Avatar. D=
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    Gamefreak is running out of ideas, so even if Pokemon doesn't end after D/P, it's going to end some time. And that some time is when Pokemon dies out.

pokemaster7

Is my Penguin army ready yet?
    Years
  • Saying an end to pokemon is When videogames will end, in other words the Apocolips("in the end of days The great game pokemon will parish" pokemaster7's weired imagination 24-47 XD) I doubt the games would end (hey before Newton people thought there is nothing left to learn.), but in the anime if they keep using Ash, "if ash lives, pokemon will perish" pokemaster7's weired imagenation 18-21 . :laugh:

They've kept Mario and Zeldo alive and popular for so long, that it's improbable they would end Pokémon after D/P
    Yeah what you said is good. though in order for the anime they MUST replace Ash( we love him, but we are sick of him.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...I also thought that I killed the idea in the same thread that it was started in by pointing something out: the number that was stated was 150, NOT 500. The episode would be the one with Bill, and he specifically said 150 (referencing the original Pokedex). Now, I have no idea why Samson can't hear numbers correctly, but that's what it was.

Random Quote from Camp Lazlo: "Shut up, Samson."

nofamenogame

POKEMON WRATH OF GREATNESS
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2012
    why would they stop something that makes millions-billions of dollars

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Exactly. As long as there is money to be made, pokemon will live on. In regards to the ideas running out: There are still plently of creatures that could be turned into pokemon. For instance mystical creatures, mythological creatures, alien type concepts, etc. They need a pokemon thats like a tremor lol-not onix. tho.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back